Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
New comic is up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Kyte posted:

Why does damage work differently for him?

Does it?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Update. No time for a victory lap it seems. I wonder what the treasury situation looks like at the moment.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 8, 2016

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

khy posted:

I wonder whether or not Erfworld, as a whole, is sustainable.

Schmuckers in Erfworld behave differently than money in an important way : They can disappear, in the form of upkeep.

The question I wonder is whether or not this means that there's an eventuality where all Schmuckers in the world could dwindle to nothingness. We know that you can raid for schmuckers, steal them, trade them, and so on. But where do they come from originally? How does a side earn schmuckers that don't already exist? Where do new Schmuckers enter the economy?

Paying upkeep can be averted in the short term by 'destructive foraging' but this seems non-renewable (Guessed at by the phrase 'destructive'). We know that Gems can be converted to Schmuckers, and vice versa - mining for gems is one source. But gems, too, are non-renewable. What other sources are there? Are there any sources which can be renewed indefinitely or would the world eventually collapse into an economic black hole?

Perhaps 'economic collapse' the fate of Erfworld much as 'entropic decay' is the fate of the real universe?

Cities generate Schmuckers each turn, with the amount depending on the city's level and with diminishing returns past certain, unspecified number of cities. There might also be some other factors like a warlord overseeing the city or a moneymancer doing whatever they do.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

nimby posted:

Hah, maybe they'll have to escape through Charlie's portal. Not like there's any archons left in the portal room.

That would be pretty costly.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

That's Hypothesis A.

Hypothesis B is that Archons do count as Casters (whether naturally or through Carnymancy), and Charlie's simply kept that fact a secret. This scenario would have allowed him not only to invade the Magic Kingdom, but also to pull off a mass-decapitation strike on any number of capitals.

If Hypothesis B is true, then the non-caster Gobwin Knob units are toast unless the cavalry shows up - I expect Hippiemancers to be the best hope in that regard.

Nah, Charlie's portal is 100% carnied, we know that explosions and bullets aren't supposed to pass through.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Krilion posted:

But know we now archons can go through any portal.

Or at least decrypted ones can.

Either that or the portals only zap you on the way *in* and any unit can leave the Magic Kingdom through them without getting annihilated.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

Text update! Don't despair, it's all about Caesar who is the coolest dude in Trasnylvito.

That's a funy way to spell Vinny :colbert:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Why has the discussion died down? The comic has been updating mostly regularily.

Anyways, looks like Parson's situation's looped around back to "kinda hosed". Bunny's efforts don't seem to be having much effect (though it's noteworthy that she's actually trying), Caesar seems too demoralised to try a coup and even if he did, Don's onto him. And Vanna getting to work on any of the prisoners is definitely not good news.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

My guess is the bracer is cheating again and lying to make TV suspicious. It's almost certain that she's going to attack GK.

Something that one of the commenters on the Erfworld site noted and that struck me as quite brilliant: We do not actually know what the bracer said in this particular case. The only thing we know is the answer Ben gave to Don.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

isndl posted:

Now would be a good time to once again ask the bracer what the odds of successfully casting that spell are. Parson's gotta be wondering how long this railroad is.

I've been wondering for a while whether the bracer displaying zero instead of the "real" number was part of railroading or if it was simply detecting the railroading (basically, your chance of casting this spell is effectively zero because if you try you're gonna get hit by the falling debris.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Llab posted:

So is this what Janis had Sizemore do? Let the city fall without much of a fight?

GK's units not engaging Jillian is the result of one of the clauses of Charlies contract. Specifically, they can't injure of destroy Jillian even in self defence. How Parson allowed that one to pass by him I don't know. Though the be honest I'm not entirely clear on what "full default" mentionned in that particular clause means, I don't think it's referenced anywhere else in that agreement.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Wait a sec, Ansom's still in Faq's dungeon, isn't he?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

Is the Karnak guy Decrypted as well or is that just his natural colour scheme?

Natural color scheme. He was actually in a couple panels in the past but never did anything noteworthy.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Well, that's multiple wrenches (pun not intended) thrown into the works all at once. I wonder if Charlie has finally managed to form a coherent plan of action, or if he's still in the "hasty play in response to the most recent disaster" as he's seemed to be for a while now. I'm also curious how effective it was. Were any Thinkamancers killed in that collapse? How many? Are they effectively neutered, or merely seriously hindered and about to retaliate?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Mar 10, 2017

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Can't help but wonder how many bridges RVC has bought in his life.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Donkringel posted:

The amount of puns creeping into this comic... slowly turning into Xanth series.

Dude, the main character's name is an anagram of "protagonist", I really don't know what you were expecting.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

That sure is one goofy chicken, but what does that have... to...

:cripes:

(puns are hard to detect when you're not a native speaker, ok?)

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Welp, I guess it IS November already. One down, one to go.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Aaand, there's the second.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Aaand,that's the third Tuesday skipped this month, out of three, as well as the third unanounced skip, out of... two they've alloted themselves. Now I'm getting annoyed. And answering a question a bit earlier in the thread - people don't get as annoyed by OotS because Rich doesn't pretend to have a schedue.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

The new thing is that now they seem to be able to do it without a dollamancer and a dirtmancer. This implies n ability to retain the skills they're linked to even after the link is broken which would make them obscenely powerful if they weren't on borrowed time.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Caidin posted:

Okay the tower thing definitely seems to be happening at random now.

I'm not sure if it's the tower happening or the heir popping.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I think the heir is still a long way in the future.

Vanna was in there doing her thing for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

War-themed hat simulator.

Valve'd sue the hell out of them.