Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I have no idea if it is profitable, but the payment for the artists comes out of the last two kickstarters. Then it has the patreon thing he used kickstarter money to develop on-site, then it has merch too? And ads and affiliate action?

Speaking of merch, did people get their calendars on time? I was pretty tempted to buy one, but some of the pinups are pretty meh.

The patreon thing money is all redeemable for merch, I think, so its slightly less "three different revenue sources" than it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Rob has confirmed that no lava or debris went through the gobwin knob portal from decrypting the volcano, so it seems like Charlie has actively carnymancied the portal into not behaving how it ought to.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

Actually, does "bleeding out" even exist as a concept in this thing, or do units simply persist with 1 hp until something else happens.

One of the possible forms of Incapacitation is croaking if not healed before the next turn. That's about as close of an approximation as erfworld seems to have.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Poison Mushroom posted:

So, Parson is canonically a Hippiemancer, right? Who's to say he doesn't have casting abilities?

I'm pretty sure Janis was just saying that keep him from getting killed.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Charlescom isn't actually the only side that can pop archons, so someone else probably would've noticed it before now.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
There is also his instinctual understanding of signamancy (because references) which is a branch of hippiemancy.

I'm not sure I AGREE but there is more than JUST Janis calling him a hippiemancer one time.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Most casters don't see battle outside of like, a capital fight (where they'd be lost anyway so might as well risk them.) We saw when Wanda popped she had to actively point out "hey maybe you could send me into battle," despite croakamancers being probably the second most useful in battle/useless outside of battle discipline (I could see healomancers being more so, but also less so, really need to know more about their capabilities.) For a not insignificant number this might just be the first time they've seen open combat, ever.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

This might be the worst place Parson could have ended up short of Charlescomm.

Hey! At least it's not FAQ!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
We did already know that the thinkomancers have bullshit tricks to pull out too, from Parson and Artemis discussing "their castle." "Too many ways to stop a unit in their tracks" and whatnot. We just didn't previously know what exactly they WERE.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The great minds are our only example of multiple members of the top end of a discipline working together. Is it intruding on foolamancy? Perhaps, but then again perhaps if a bunch of Master class foolamancers had stepped in they would have done even better.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
They can't LINK but that doesnt mean they can't work together.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

reignonyourparade posted:

The great minds are our only example of multiple members of the top end of a discipline working together. Is it intruding on foolamancy? Perhaps, but then again perhaps if a bunch of Master class foolamancers had stepped in they would have done even better.

Never mind I forgot that thinkamancy and foolamancy were both part of eyemancy. Several of the great minds presumably just straight up ARE foolamancers (in that update they remind that there are several lookamancers in their ranks.) Its not actually intrusion at all.

reignonyourparade fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 12, 2016

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Which WOULD make sense to let dirtamancers and foolamancers sell golems.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Erev posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a loyalty stat thing. The archon may have had a naturally high loyalty to Charlescomm whereas Ace... Ace's loyalty was probably more to Cubbins than Jetstone considering how Slately treated him and he's found appreciation and encouragement to try stuff and tinker with Goblin Knob.

From the page we saw from her perspective, it's less loyalty and more a radically different chain of command. Her new chief warlord (and she's not even used to having warlords) is lower level than her, and also partly getting connected to Artemis's treatment of the archons which was... Not the best.

That's probably part of why she was hoping to talk to Stanley, because from what she can tell, obviously warlords won't listen to how you shouldn't treat archons like mere flying knights so the only recourse is to try to convince the ruler.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The thing is that because of time being relative, presumably boredom would probably set in, and no one sle would even notice they took forever to DnD turn. Heck, the majority of the side that took forever to end then probably wouldn't notice.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Haven't seen but was mentioned as the guy who did the dollomancy for Charlescom's guns.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Right, but Charlie's source for that information (as best I can remember, anyway) is Vanna telling him on that same page, and Vanna's intel has now been called into question.

Charlie's source for that information was listening in on Bonnie's call to Don King about Don King changing his mind on the two million offer. This whole charade is to give an "official" way for him to know about it to hide the fact that he can listen in on thinkagrams.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Three: being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day is like Sizemore's own personal hell.

It's worse than that. He's chief caster now, which generally puts you in charge of magic. He presumably ASSIGNED HIMSELF to being stuck in a room full of guns making bullets all day because Duty.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Superstring posted:

Presumably the peace-binding wears off after a while? The regular soldiers are never getting out of the Magic Kingdom anyways, thanks to the portals. This is purely to get Wanda, decrypted Archons, and maybe decrypted Marie if that happens out.

I'm surprised, I figured the trial would for sure be the next arc.

It might be the case that units can get out of the magic kingdom no problem, which would make sense to allow Dirtamancers and Dollamancers to sell golems to sides. Nobody was surprised that the army man they made could go INTO charlescom after all.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's pretty unfair to Stanley.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
You know it'd be pretty drat funny if the heir popped, but ended up being a caster so Caesar stayed chief warlord anyway.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Depends on if they can get anything useful out of the Molls I suppose.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Gotta say that was probably a way better idea than they have any right to know it is, seeing as he seemed fairly ... 'unsatisfied' with the way things were going with Charlie. Might very well jump ship.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

This still seems like a really bad idea from Don, given that "turned units have notoriously low loyalty".

It's a somewhat contextual thing. That's generally in the context of "kidnapped an enemy warlord, stuck them in the dungeon until they turned." Very different from "barbarian caster formerly of a very closely allied side."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

:allears:

So either Albert makes it back inside the city before Vinny takes the garrison, or he just sits around for a while and then disbands before he knows what's happening.

This is something we're not ENTIRELY clear about : what happens when a side loses their capital but still has another capital.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure Caesar's reaction would "huh okay I guess I get what Don King was going for sort of but also not allying with Gobwin Knob doesn't get Bunny decrypted so not really changing course here."

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah they're kinda saying contract cheating is basically carnymancying yourself into thinking you aren't breaking the contract, and Charlie is a master carnymancer.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I think it's kind of a duel meaning. Not every battle is worth sending a predictimancer to but also not every battle has a firm enough fate to get any use out of sending a predictimancer to it.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

isndl posted:

Prior to the Decrypted, there weren't many sides that could afford it, much less need it. Spiraling upkeep costs keeps sides small, idle mounts still cost schmuckers, and there's very little reason to shuffle warlords constantly unless you have more armies than warlords and if that's the case you can afford to promote new ones. Parson saw an obvious loophole (reset your move with a new mount!) but it didn't do anything useful besides satisfy Stanley's ego.

It's actually not bad if you need to cart Arkentools around, as long as they had it up Wanda could visit Basically Every Battle Site and decrypt the fallen and still make it back to the important army to provide her bonus.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
That's not really her belief system at all? She CAN do whatever and have things come to pass, but certainly not in a preordained way. Her whole "easy way and the hard way" spiel.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It is legitimately hilarious how badly killing off the Great Minds is going for charlie.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm not totally sure about Jack. His loyalty to Wanda certainly beats any loyalty to Gobwin Knob itself, or to Stanley, but much more competition when it comes to Parson.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

isndl posted:

Charlie's not technically incapacitated, since incapacitated units can't take actions (he's casting spells all the time) and incapacitated units die at end of turn unless healed. He's just got the Signamancy of someone who is living thousands of turns past his expiration date.

There are a variety of states called incapacitated, only some of them mean you croak unless healed.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

isndl posted:

Digging around it looks like you're correct, from one of the LIAB updates. All the other cases we've seen of incapacitation was heal-or-die. Did they ever explicitly say Charlie was incapacitated, or is it being inferred from his reliance on FFF to perform tasks?

Eh, you were actually still right on the "he can cast" thing from what I can tell, he shouldn't TECHNICALLY be incapacitated due to that.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

bigpolar posted:

It is funded specifically, and only (as far as I have read anyway) per "on time update," meaning any update which is "late" should not trigger payment...which is why i am so perplexed.

Skips aren't supposed to trigger funding from what I read so I don't really see why you're perplexed?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It COULD be, but it's legitimately a thing that trauma turns people grey like that, generally in comic seen as a consequence of linkups. Unless we get an indication otherwise it does seem best to assume that doing that messed claud up.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Specifically it seems that he already HAS done a pretty good job of stopping her, and at THIS point if she dies the prophecy will pick a NEW agent that he hasn't already lobotomized. Thus, extreme investment in her survival.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
When we actually got to see into the heads of the other Archons, most of them actually seemed to still have that. There was basically a whole text update on them thinking it was Wrong that Charlie and Wanda were fighting, which combined with the Ansom/Ossomer comparison suggests that Lillith might not have EVER loved Charlie the way the rest of the Archons do.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
It was pretty clear that scroll was never going to work as intended, last time he tried to use it fate dropped a flaming crossbeam on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Several of the text only side stories have been pretty good themselves, the commonality is it's all things with a clear beginning-middle-end. Once he's at the point where things just extend on forever is where we get.... this. Which is why I think it's wrong to say that Balder is capable of that quality, at least in this context.