Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Can we mock how poorly run Erfworld evidently is and how amazing the amount of money it apparently makes is for what it is? Because that has been my favorite part of Erfworld for years, given the current book was kinda meandering months ago and is in a complete mire at the moment. I feel like I'm reading Bleach. Except the beardy man writes it!

I really hope the plot actually moves vaguely forward from here, we've been stuck in the same relative hour or so since like, the last kickstarter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I have no idea if it is profitable, but the payment for the artists comes out of the last two kickstarters. Then it has the patreon thing he used kickstarter money to develop on-site, then it has merch too? And ads and affiliate action?

Speaking of merch, did people get their calendars on time? I was pretty tempted to buy one, but some of the pinups are pretty meh.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lilith continuing to own, Jack's plan owns really well too.

Did they ever discuss the rules for turning if you're caught in friendly fire? I feel like maybe that came up back when Ossomar turned but I can't quite recall.

And I might have spelt his name wrong.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

nimby posted:

Wanda's actions continue to backfire.
Actually he would probably have blamed them anyway, since no Charlie units are in the Hex.

Most likely the next couple chapters result in the archons bursting in and unloading on free casters who are hassling GK, and the needle will bob back again.

This scene REALLY needs to be over, but I think this is the end of the book. The pacing is getting really obnoxious.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Not really more than anything else. "Team GK was standing around and then a bunch of people were horrifically slaughtered!" doesn't give you a lot more wiggle room. They do not know what guns are and they do not know that Charlie can fire into the hex, and they're already suspicious of GK forces being there.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This isn't a useful page in book form or in webcomic form. It's just padding, which this whole scene has done a lot of.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I guess I'm just annoyed since the KS (which I didn't chip a bunch of money to so no big deal or whatever) promoted the idea he had A LOT of story left in book 3 and he wanted to go long with it. So far the pacing is really slow and it doesn't seem to be in service of effective story telling. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on but we're dwelling on yelling.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I feel like him being a caster isn't going to be rushed in terms of resolution and isn't going to turn into something with him flinging spells and/or having juice.

On the other hand I really don't feel like GK is coming out of this conflict as far ahead as it looks.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Aren't there other portals?

I'm kinda not gelling with this scene. Whose turn is this, exactly? Or are there no turns in the Magic Kingdom? I feel like the end of this is Wanda is taken out or lost in some fashion and it leads to a more uphill battle elsewhere while Charlie licks his wounds.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Hob_Gadling posted:

I kinda sorta understand why B wants to make 3D models. His artist turnover is too great to create a consistent product and it must be frustrating to write a lot more stuff than can be drawn.
Does he actually get that much writing done? It always strikes me that a pattern of delays over multiple artists implies more than just the artists are delaying production. And Erfworld has seen consistent delays with everyone, always, even when it is supposed to have buffers in place.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He has been noticeably one for a long time. Pages would be delayed like crazy while he's raving about getting drunk at cons.

I was actually following when they abruptly dropped that artist and I swear it's like literally in the middle of one of the book climaxes or something.

I don't feel like checking back because it's kinda straight depressing when you realize it stopped being a webcomic years before you realized it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Android Blues posted:

I get the zeal towards asset efficiency, but it's not coming from a dude who has a strong understanding of visual art.
It hurts even more when you realize this was what the artists were contending with all this time. Behold Genius!