Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

There's an ancient eyeless, deaf pug that comes in for boarding. We refer to her as Helen Keller. A young ACD came in after being de-skunked (didn't work!), so he became Outback Stankhound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Orangie is affectionately known by her other names such as: Ranga, Rangs, Rangi, Rang-a-lang, Ranglet, human being, dickhead, dildo, pooper, little puss.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Our Swiss Shepherd is named Kit. She gets:
Kit-Kat
Kitty
Kitten-Cat
Pussy-Cat
Meowie
Good Dog
Dog
Sausage
Furry Sausage
Big White Princess
Sausage Puffs
Puppy Dog
Puppy
Good Girl
Sook
Cuddlebum
Pretty Girl

and whewn she digs up my wifes garden she gets
oval office
Bitch
loving Dog
Dickhead

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Our dog's name is Casey, but she gets called mutt bag, gas bag, stank mutt Casey-pup, Ms. Thang, Dog, loving Dog, and dingus.

Mummy Brigade
Sep 12, 2004

Jeez. You're kind of a bitch.
My cat, Thomas, is affectionately known as Tomato, Cat-rear end, and Cat Tank.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mummy Brigade posted:

and Cat Tank.

My Tank is Cat!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

We have a cat named Mrs McKitten. She is old and tuff and probably on her last life at age 16.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

My cat's name is Barbara. She's also commonly known as Barb, Babs, Round Stuff, and Fat Baby.

Sometimes she kind of flops/heaves over and purrs, which is an invitation to pet her except not on her belly. When I pet her I will talk to her because she enjoys that for some reason. My voice will also slowly increase in pitch as I ask her "Who's the fattest baby? Who's a fat-rear end baby? Who's a mean old bitch? Is it you? I think it's you, yes so fat. What are you getting so fat about?"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oi shitlord. shitdick. dickshit cockwad. fucker. fuckeroony. fuckerino. loaf! loafy. loaferino. are you a loaferiiiiiiiiiiinooooooooooo? are you a loaferiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinooooooooooooooo? are you a Lou Ferrigno? move it fucker. i love u bebe. ma bebe. how u doin buddy!!!!!!!!!! buddy bud bud jetster.

pooter03
Jun 2, 2016
The wife and I were aiming for the stupidest names we can think of. Thus:

Cat 1: Senor Squishy con Queso aka: Squish, Suishmonster, Sultan of Squish, Squeeeesheeeee, the Squishers, Derp, Dingus, Bubba
Cat 2: Waffles von Kattenberg, ESQ: Waf Waf, Booby, Bubs

Collectively: Bubbas, Bubs, Boobs, Murder-beasts, Scientifically and Objectively the Best Two Cats in History

Should we ever go third kitty, he/she will the the R.R.S. Boaty McBoatface in tribute to our fallen friend.

pooter03 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 2, 2016

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
No pets at the moment, but my wife and I had a beloved cat that lived to be 17. His name was Tiki, but for reasons unknown to my conscious mind, I often called him "Squishy Beetle Face" or "Mr. Squishims" as a variant.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Wizchine posted:

No pets at the moment, but my wife and I had a beloved cat that lived to be 17. His name was Tiki, but for reasons unknown to my conscious mind, I often called him "Squishy Beetle Face" or "Mr. Squishims" as a variant.

Because he had a squishy beetle face. Is that so difficult?

The Grumpy Snail
Feb 15, 2012
Dog: Turbo. I call him Poopy. And say "who's a poopy? Who's a poopy puppy?" We have also called him Burbo, Burbo King, Turb-a-burb, and when he scratches his butt we ask him if he has IBS (itchy butt syndrome).

What is it about animals that make grown adults say these things?

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

"Here We See The Very Rare And Magnificent Eastern Bestenched Farthound", in a crap David Attenborough impression, because you know why.

"Komrade Dog", which I should have foreseen when deciding to call him Karl.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 10, 2016

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
Cat 1: Tabby & white fatcat called Muffin. She also gets called Muffin-puffs, Muffintop, Muffpuff, Evil-puff, Puffball, Wide Load and Fatarse.

Cat 2: Tortoiseshell slimline cat called Heidi. She also gets called Hide, Hi-de-hi, Freckles, Poopmachine, and Bruip (her version of a meow).

Dog: Beige and white shih-tzu named Honey. She also gets called Shih-for-Brains, STOP BARKING YOU oval office OF A DOG, Brainless, Eejit, Honey Monster and Honey-bun.

I frequently mix up Heidi and Honey's proper names, they tend to look confused at each other when I do that.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
YOU :catbert:

when they're being bad. It works well.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

My cat is small with large ears, so I call her Elf or smurf. Also Huggybear since she loves giving hugs. And Bone crusher, as she has a heck of a bite.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Muriel, AKA:
Merle
Murgle
Mackerel
Merkin

Buffy, AKA:
Buffalo
Buffaletta
Beef
Bidoof
Bitchy Britches
Bitchin' Fries
Muppet
Walky Walky
Peewalky Pissconsin
Old Sourdough Loaf

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 20, 2016

Dothewhatnow
Jan 3, 2016
I have now resorted to just calling my cat (Loki) just "cat"

He doesn't respond to his name any better than he responds to cat or any of the other names I posted a while ago.

Sometimes "foot monster" gets thrown around though.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Jesus, it's been nearly a week shy of four months from the day we had to put him down. :cry: His names tended to be generated from one or more prefixes and/or suffixes, in the tradition of random Diablo II/III monsters, though the algorithm was not intentional.

Prefixes:
Beautiful
Beautifulest
Drapey
Draping
Drapingest
Elderly
Engulfing
Fat
loving
Goodest
Little
Love-filled
Loveful
Nestful
Nesty
Nesting
Nestingest
Old
Soft
Softest
Spoiled
Vibrating

Suffixes:
rear end
rear end in a top hat
Bastard
Boy
Dick
gently caress
Fucker
Lover
Man
Mewmurroo
Monsewer
Moomoo
Murroo
poo poo
Shitfuck

Post-suffixes:
Ever
In the universe
In the world
Of love

There will never be another one like him and I'm starting to cry just writing this list.
There's no substitute for an unnaturally pretty/friendly Siamese-tabby pinning you to the couch and forcing you to take a nap, or invading and hobbling you during a game of WarCraft III, or stealing food on its way to your sister's mouth, or literally stealing food from her mouth, or sashaying up to you after work to demand attention/to be carried around on your left shoulder, or spooning with you on a bed, or coming right back to bed after he's done with the litterbox, or staying in bed to resume cuddling when you return from the toilet.
Anyone trapped under him was exempt from doing anything or contributing in any way (barring extreme emergencies) until he decided to get up, either from boredom or from people in the room talking too loudly. His favorite activity was to be cradled in one arm as the other gave him a comprehensive belly/neck/head rub/scratch, with deep/forceful skull/ear massage at a very close second, which would result in drooling and eyes derping the gently caress out until he had a catgasm and would fling saliva everywhere. He'd let me grip the sides of his neck and rub my face on his, as he'd do to me.

When his (blood/bone, not sure which) cancer and kidney failure reached a point where his jaw trembled in time with each labored breath, and his remaining purring was faint and Geiger counter-like, we had him put down. It was the absolute easiest decision we've ever made, though also the most excruciating loss.

I emphatically disliked cats before we met him, and now I've a crippling addiction to them, especially seal-/lynx-point tabbies.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Pissboy

my son

FURY-161
Dec 28, 2005

My three male dogs started off being collectively referred to as the "Boys".
Then "the Boyses"
Then "my wee boysenberries"
Then a minute or so long song about "my Boises Idahoes" when making their food, spending time in their room or sometimes when just thinking about them.

It has an atrocious rhyme scheme.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
puppy is now pupperoni

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
I mainly look after other people's pets, and I always end up calling them "fluffy face" or some derivative of that. I only realised it was truly dumb when I used that name for a mini-poodle I've known for years and then a day later to a half-persian cat I've only known for a few months. Surely they each deserve their own unique sillynames?

It made even less sense when I was looking after this staffie dog. Their fur is so short and smooth it doesn't even make sense! They don't have fluff! (Hey, anyone have an idea for cute names to call a staffie?)

And of course, every cat I meet is instantly called "kitten cat" and every dog is "pup". I really do hope that all they understand is tone of voice and body language, and not the words.

IronClaymore fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 9, 2016

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
My cats get "fuzzbucket" a lot, as well as "KITTY!!" when they come to the door to greet me when I get home. My tortie Molasses gets temporary name changes to "Momomomoroo" sometimes too.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Recently shaved our dorky cat, phil, who is also known as: Pill, Haypill (Hey + Phil), Phillager of the Seven Seas, Bubby, Bubber, BubberDuggy, Phillhelm Wundt, and Plubs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This morning while putting the cat food in the cat bowl, I found myself singing "Big City Nights" by the Scorpions, except it was "Big Kitty Nights."

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

IronClaymore posted:

It made even less sense when I was looking after this staffie dog. Their fur is so short and smooth it doesn't even make sense! They don't have fluff! (Hey, anyone have an idea for cute names to call a staffie?)

Butt-head/head-butt

(Ancient pic of my old butthead doge :rip: in peace :( )

Also called her wrecking-ball-butt, cause she was a runt born with a stupid stub of a tail so used to swing the back half of her body around in lieu of tail-wagging :3: many objects and people were knocked over in the process

Lotta butt names I guess

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah my cats get a lot of -butt s.

I think my worst is butt-butt-butt-butt then I head butt him..

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oi shitlord. oi fuckass. oi dickshit

i wonder why he doesn't respond to his name???????? weird

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Butterscotch:
Butterbean
B-Nut
Bean
B
Gramma
Old Dog
Dog

Loki:
Loki Ball
Oki Dog
Oki Pog
Pog Dog

Watson:
Watson Cat
Splashy Cat

Raven:
Little Cat
Little One

Elliot:
Ellie Cat
Little bitch (she's still a kitten so we call her that a lot)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Back with my parents we've got Hobbes, also frequently known as "Hobbesy Wobbesy Pudding and Pobbesy".

Tuna has not picked up any nicknames yet, but I do spend a whole lot of time explaining to him the fact that he is a cat, and all the implications thereof. Not that he's doing any un-catlike things, I just want to be sure that he knows.

The_end
May 17, 2014
I tell my dog Stormy that i am tired of her ears and will crop them with a pair of rusty scissors. Then i ask her to wag her tail if it seems like a good idea.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

The Lord of Hats posted:

Back with my parents we've got Hobbes, also frequently known as "Hobbesy Wobbesy Pudding and Pobbesy".

Tuna has not picked up any nicknames yet, but I do spend a whole lot of time explaining to him the fact that he is a cat, and all the implications thereof. Not that he's doing any un-catlike things, I just want to be sure that he knows.

It is important to tell them that they are cat. It gives them confidence, confidence to do cat things :catstare:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The Lord of Hats posted:

It is very important that you call him by his full name: Ralgha nar Hhallas.

shabutie
Aug 19, 2005

Reggie (my cat) - shitbox, jerkface, Reggie cat, my babby (with a brummie accent)
Port (partner's cat) - princess pikachu baby monkey panda round face, alexa chung (they are practically twins), pointy baby

Reggie is a slightly older smart and dignified kittie Port is just a floof ball who likes to be carried around.

Songs have included ooh Reggie I love your face (Baby I Love Your Way) and Your face is quite round kitty quite round (You Spin Me Round)

Blackbird Betty
Mar 27, 2010
My dog, Ruby: Roo-beans, Rubes, Ruby Baby, Bee-bee, Beans, Ruby-tubes, Little Dog, Little Beast, Small Animal... yeah. She comes to work with me every day and a lot of these were coined by coworkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y01fP1GFJgk

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
meow. mew. mrrrrew. mrowr.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

You are cats! (cats!)
Always be eatin' your food!
You've got the myowing to show
You are adorable
Always be eatin'...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynxi
Nov 8, 2011
Angus often gets called Fluffer Puffer. Bella Rose is just Bewwa Wose.
They also get sung to.. they like Sharon, Lois, and Bram's "Skinnamarink" and the old song "K-K-K-Katy" with the lyrics changed to "K-K-K-Kitty."

• Locked thread