Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I call my dog Sailor "sailboat" and say things like "sailboat is sailing into the yard" when I let him out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Drum posted:

Poor Sailor would be a terrible real Sailor, considering he gets trapped in your living room if a chair is blocking one entrance.

Yeah he's terrible at short range navigation

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Over the years my dog Pistol has become Pittle/Peetle/Pids. He's only ever called by his real name when he's in trouble or if it's a you better listen and do what I say right the hell now situation.

don't you have like 4 dogs? I remember talking to you on IM a few years ago and there were multiple dogs

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

kaworu posted:

I'm beginning to think it's odd that neither know or anyone I've known in my family or otherwise has cutesy cat nicknames involving flatulence and/or feces. Who knew!

I think it's odd that only the cat owners use nicknames involving farts, poo poo and butts as well. The dog owners tend to use names that revolve around friendship. We all know our dogs poo poo and have butts but we tend to focus on the more fun parts of having a dog.

wtf cat owners

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

I frequently refer to our dog Zane as either a throw rug or acting like the cats because he is the laziest most introverted loving dog I've ever owned. He's more useful as room decor than as a god drat dog. We brought him camping and referred to him as the sundial because he just was sleeping in the sun coming through the trees and every hour would get up and move to the new sunny spot to go back to sleep. He's 10 years old and has been this way for the past 8. He eats fine, drinks fine, and his vet said he's healthy as can be. He's just a lazy poo poo.

He's still a great drat dog though. :)

Sounds like a drat good dog to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Yates posted:

I have a habit of doing these things, it has led to me calling my daughter Pete all the time. Her name is actually Abigail.

It's ok, I turned out good with a bad father too

• Locked thread