Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Jesus, it's been nearly a week shy of four months from the day we had to put him down. :cry: His names tended to be generated from one or more prefixes and/or suffixes, in the tradition of random Diablo II/III monsters, though the algorithm was not intentional.

Prefixes:
Beautiful
Beautifulest
Drapey
Draping
Drapingest
Elderly
Engulfing
Fat
loving
Goodest
Little
Love-filled
Loveful
Nestful
Nesty
Nesting
Nestingest
Old
Soft
Softest
Spoiled
Vibrating

Suffixes:
rear end
rear end in a top hat
Bastard
Boy
Dick
gently caress
Fucker
Lover
Man
Mewmurroo
Monsewer
Moomoo
Murroo
poo poo
Shitfuck

Post-suffixes:
Ever
In the universe
In the world
Of love

There will never be another one like him and I'm starting to cry just writing this list.
There's no substitute for an unnaturally pretty/friendly Siamese-tabby pinning you to the couch and forcing you to take a nap, or invading and hobbling you during a game of WarCraft III, or stealing food on its way to your sister's mouth, or literally stealing food from her mouth, or sashaying up to you after work to demand attention/to be carried around on your left shoulder, or spooning with you on a bed, or coming right back to bed after he's done with the litterbox, or staying in bed to resume cuddling when you return from the toilet.
Anyone trapped under him was exempt from doing anything or contributing in any way (barring extreme emergencies) until he decided to get up, either from boredom or from people in the room talking too loudly. His favorite activity was to be cradled in one arm as the other gave him a comprehensive belly/neck/head rub/scratch, with deep/forceful skull/ear massage at a very close second, which would result in drooling and eyes derping the gently caress out until he had a catgasm and would fling saliva everywhere. He'd let me grip the sides of his neck and rub my face on his, as he'd do to me.

When his (blood/bone, not sure which) cancer and kidney failure reached a point where his jaw trembled in time with each labored breath, and his remaining purring was faint and Geiger counter-like, we had him put down. It was the absolute easiest decision we've ever made, though also the most excruciating loss.

I emphatically disliked cats before we met him, and now I've a crippling addiction to them, especially seal-/lynx-point tabbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Tony Doughnuts posted:

I like to "talk for her" and for some reason I have the idea in my head that if she could talk she would start every sentence with "my name's daisy"

Oh yeah, narrating thoughts and lives is the best. It's fun to do for strangers, too!

• Locked thread