Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dothewhatnow
Jan 3, 2016
I constantly just call my cat "Idiot" or "Tard."

He's always almost falling off his tower because he can't sit still and he'll fart in his own face when cleaning himself and scare himself because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dothewhatnow
Jan 3, 2016

kaworu posted:

Yeah, my cat would never do any of those things and I wouldn't call her idiot or 'tard because she seems to have a surprising understanding of the English language and when I say anything disparaging to her, I feel like looks genuinely hurt at times (yes I realize I'm projecting and likely making it up in my head) but I feel like some cats are honestly sensitive enough to pick up on that stuff! So I try to stay encouraging. "Yes, you're such a good girl. You know that, yes you are! You are a good kitty, is what you are, little miss good kitty. Indeed. What a good kitty!"

Frankly, it really is a good thing most of us probably only talk like this when we're alone with my pets because just transcribing it is a little sobering in how vapid it is.

I give him tons of praise, pretty much just exactly as you posted but I just can't help calling him some names when he does dumb things. Almost always after he does something he looks around the room like he's hoping nobody saw that. Then he just meows and purrs to try and make me forget what he did by being cute.

Dothewhatnow
Jan 3, 2016
I have now resorted to just calling my cat (Loki) just "cat"

He doesn't respond to his name any better than he responds to cat or any of the other names I posted a while ago.

Sometimes "foot monster" gets thrown around though.

• Locked thread