Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

bongwizzard posted:

Very nice!

I am a failure, spent three days in Florida living on a lake and all I caught was a buzz.

Florida lakes are weird. Little out-of-the-way backyard ponds are where the real freshwater action is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

bongwizzard posted:

Yeah, I did see a few bass but couldn't get anything to bite. I wasted most of one day chasing a 3 foot gar that was cruising around the dock. The lake I was on had almost 10 feet of visibility which continually broke my brain.

Oh, yeah. Those lakes are hard. You gotta be hella sneaky or have a cast net.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

bongwizzard posted:

This is me trying to fish a hole just past that mat. It goes from 5' to like 25'. It's from people having sand pumped out just past their docks to make a little beaches, it also looks like some absurdly good summertime bass habitat.

Now you know why they sell those fishing float tubes with beer holders ;p But hey, looks like you had fun anyway. That'd actually work good with an anchor. Maybe go out there tied up to a cheap black innertube with FAD dangling down.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 2, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Going to the Jersey Shore to catch stripers, if I don't come back avenge my death

You just gotta roll down the block with the windows down and a 50 in your hand.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
North Florida
Ponds, Lakes, and Estuaries, and the edibles that live within
Artificials, with a preference for spinnerbaits, spoons and topwater jigs, but anything pretty.

Nothing's better then rigging a light little spinnerbait with a J hook and a suitable colored crapie tube on it and pulling in the bluegills and bass. I'll usually have a rod with weights and bottom bait for cats.

Ask me about LMB chowder!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

No, I mean for Westport. Still no bottomfish season in the Sound as far as I know. Maybe when they release the 2018-2019 regs it'll be different, but doubtful.

Rad! I hope it serves you well, and please post pics of a dick-lure-hooked fish.

INFORMAL TOKELAND COOZIE VOTE
I'm still waiting on my illustrator, but I'm sorting out the other details. The question is, should I get the thin neoprene kind or the thicker foam kind?

Hmm. Thin foam are nice and colapseable, work in a cup holder, but the thick ones keep stuff colder longer. What sort of audience are you trying to reach?

If you're just giving them out, I'd go for thin foam. If you're selling them, thick foam.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I SAW A HUMPBACK WHALE AT WORK TODAY

I did not catch it :(

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Has anyone ever fished Lake Of The Ozarks? Can you reccomend a good guide outfit? I keep reading scary stuff about idiots in speedboats making like miserable for rental boaters. BF and I will be visiting for a weekend in May.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

hagie posted:

May do some intercoastal dock fishing again this upcoming week.

Maybe I can get pictures of some American Eels I catch again before they wind themselves up in my rig and explode from the tension...

Eat those suckers, they grill up goooooood

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Victoninox 6in Semi Flex boning knife. Baring that, everyone loves a Bubba Blade

For a fish scaler, I recommend a dull spoon, or any fine cutco product from a thrift store

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Dangerllama posted:

Fellow fisherpeople what’s your go-to/failsafe/“gently caress it. nothing else is working” fly/lure?

Pink trout magnet. If that's not catching anything, it's not meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The Catch All Fishing Thread moves a lot quicker. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3480910&pagenumber=157&perpage=40