Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perabyte
Apr 2, 2005

Angry
Here's a few Salmon on the fly last year in Kodiak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perabyte
Apr 2, 2005

Angry

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Kill it! Kill it with fire! And lemon pepper and maybe a little rosemary! :supaburn:

I put the sockeye back, and let it die naturally. Besides, once they turn red like that it means they've been in fresh water too long and the meat is spoiled. I did however come back to 50lbs of silver salmon. Which I cooked all different ways.

perabyte
Apr 2, 2005

Angry

Chaosfeather posted:

poo poo, forgot this thread existed. HOPE YOU WANTED PICTURES

I had a fantastic trip to Crowley Lake in CA earlier this year the yielded some awesome fish. Pretty much all of these were taken in the north point area of the lake, most were caught on snail pattern flies. All were released! Not pictured: All the fuckin weeds we snagged.

Between myself, my father and my uncle we all caught several fish each day and had a hard time one-upping each other. Notable catches:

Biggest fish on the trip was my Uncle's 25 inch rainbow. Looks deceptively small in the picture: that net is huge and doubles as a paddle. Fish was big enough I actually had to use my net to catch what his net could not and basically shove it in there. Please note the huge fuckoff scar this one has in its midsection, gave him a good fight for a good 10+ minutes at least.

My biggest was a cutthroat I snagged while setting off first thing in the morning. Dragged me around in my little donut tube for a good chunk of time before finally bringing him in, only to nearly flip over trying not to lose him at picture time. Just shy of 23 inches, prettiest trout on the trip IMO.

Dad was the guest on this trip and caught his first big trout in ages this year! A pretty brown from our last day out there. 22 inches.

Plenty of others in the upper teens, including this brown hybrid who put up a huge fight. I thought he was going to be much bigger for sure. Still a respectable 18 inches.

This rainbow I dubbed 'idiot fish #1' for reasons that will soon be obvious. I'd have that face too, buddy.

A really tired guy who also gave out a hell of a fight

And poor tiny idiot fish #2

Great trip, convinced Dad that fishing in the fall was better than in the middle of summer at this place, and looking forward to the next trip!

Nice! Always cool to see pics of fish from my home waters.