Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
A nice fish from last season on an old rod and reel that predates my 38 years by quite a bit. I've literally got hundreds more flyfishing photos...:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

LingcodKilla posted:

Nice brown.
Did you ever eat one?
If so what state and water source?
Did it taste like mossy mud?

I may just have bad luck with them.

Yep, I'm in Switzerland as Beefnoodle said.

I never really eat wild native fish, which over here are browns and not rainbows, but I guarantee you that they don't taste muddy. I'm sure they're delicious, I just like them way too much to eat them.

More content, a nice barbel caught on a streamer with a 6 weight modern glass rod:

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
A brown on a bamboo rod.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Alpine brookie after release. :)

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
My first marble trout from Slovenia, on a dry fly...

https://imgur.com/a/w5BlV

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

gamera009 posted:

Nabbed a really nice 12" brown this morning. Odd that I didn't see any hatches, but this guy took it clean off a dry fly anyways. The missus had a big string of 8-10" brownies all morning an a dry-dropper rig.

Nice! I find I can catch quite a few fish on dry flies despite there being no surface activity.

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

A nice brown on a streamer Friday night, almost 20 inches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS

gamera009 posted:

I have the shittiest luck with streamers. I've been trying to practice with a muddler minnow, but it doesn't seem to matter. I'm just terrible with them. :(

I've been fishing them with success for a while now. They work best when the water is high and cloudy, I went again last night with a 5 inch articulated streamer and had 7 explosive strikes in an hour, one 18 inch fish landed and a bigger one popped off. I used a sinking line last night because of the high water, and I generally work my way downstream, casting across the current as close to the far bank as possible, mend upstream to let it sink a bit, and strip across the current.