Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

I'm assuming, based on the number and strength of orgasms I achieved while reading the FAQ, that this game is vaporware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

I really hope not. Its been a long time since I've seen such an awesome plan for a game. I'd be less worried if this was backed by a major studio and all the money and manpower that comes along with it :/

Space Monster fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 8, 2016

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

of which rates as lukewarm to downright betrayal (trammel, Pre-CU)

Which of the two was involved in that? (Breaking SWG)

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

https://www.crowfall.com/en/news/meet-the-druid/

New info out on the druid class. The mechanic to limit firehose healing looks interesting.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Any idea about how this will actually work...?

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Stormgale posted:

World with have generic templates like "Mountain range" 1-5 and Plains + Town 1-3

These will then have a dwarf fortress like process applied to them to simulate the World happening, adding tombs, battlefields, stuff on top of the terrain (perhaps even altering it).

Thus 2 maps may have te same base structure of mountain range but one might have an ancient keep buried into it at the other may have something else

That sounds really interesting. I'd love to see a timelapse of that sim taking place. (Though I imagine it won't be graphical at all to save on development time :/)

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

30.5 days, if you had to make a prediction about the future of the game, what would you say? Do you think they'll finish the game with all or most of the promised features in a decently polisbed and playable condition?

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

They're in but lovely. Unity 5.6 just hit prerelease & contains massive pathing/AI improvements. I think they were waiting on them before improving NPCs, I know facepunch were.

I appreciate the updates! I look in here every day to see how things are going since I'm too poor for my conscience to allow me to buy in.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Yes. We've already set up the infrastructure for a goon server and are coding our own mods.

Hop on the BMW Discord, which is where the faithful congregate.

Also in Conan: Kimsemus lead PVP raids, which always end up in hilarity, drama, and tears.

So I just read up on this game (via the dev blogs) how much of the stuff in there (dungeons with demons/high tier loot, avatars, named thralls, etc.) is actually already in the game (or will be, rather, since it isn't in EA yet) and how buggy is it?

Space Monster fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 30, 2017

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

When I watch videos of combat in this game it looks really janky and TTK looks suuuper long. Any idea if this will actually improve before release? I like the idea of the game but if it just isn't fun to play then well...

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

30.5 Days, would you care to comment on the state of combat? Is it fun? How is it compared to things like WoW?

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

Here's a dumb combat video from october I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHrD-uZRyo

EDIT: The TTK is like way too long atm btw. I'm not sure if that's going to be a real problem, they've tried to get out of any actual balance work they can during pre-alpha, basically just working on stuff that makes the game untenable for testers. There was a time during Big World 1 where if a minotaur got in your face you went up in smoke in 3 seconds. minos are now poo poo and ttk is an eternity. Hopefully it'll get dealt with during alpha.

Isn't the long TTK a feature not a bug? They don't want people constantly getting ganked and losing their vessel/gear and whatnot right?

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Also key point--is it fun? Do you feel like you were skillful when you win?

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

Also I really hope that this is the final status for passive skill generation, I'm worried that it's not. I started my skills running tuesday night, and I've already gotten through to the runecrafting & excavation trees. I feel like I'm making fast enough progress to already see difference in my characters after a couple days, and even though I know that the specialization trees have much higher point costs, I don't feel like I'm going to spend the next month+ slogging through prereqs like was the case in the past.

Nothing to contribute. I'd just like to thank you for continuing with the updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

eonwe posted:

The game still feels pretty janky to me, but its the most solid of any of the unreleased sandbox MMO genre I guess

for those who are playing, who are you playing with? and are they weird edgelord shitters or normal ish?

Just to be clear, this is exactly what we want everyone playing this game to be, right?