Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lawlicaust posted:

Maybe 2021 is finally going to be the year that companies stop trying to pitch MMOs. Magic is dead already. This is going to be nothing. New World has been scrambling to retool so quickly that I can’t imagine it will launch that well either. The new Lotr mmo is already cancelled.

The last new “successful” was what? ESO? After having to go through massive revamps when it also had a shitshow of a launch. Same as FFXIV before it.

MMOs are just a mismanaged mess on the whole and even the best attempts fail before they succeed.

Lost Ark is probably going to be the biggest MMO in years when it launches in N/A in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

is Lost Ark still big in Korea? I remember a lot of hype for it pre launch but I haven't heard anything since

also just eyeballing the VIP rewards it looks like the biggest perk is slower durability loss

It's likely because everyone outside of the Korean servers is IP banned. It pulls in 10k viewers on twitch which are basically all Korean streamers and that isn't their largest streaming platform.

All of the PoE streamers whose opinions I respect that have played the N/A closed testing say it's primed to be absolutely amazing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are all common wood types effectively equal? And all that matters is poor < common < uncommon. And so on?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

And what benefit is there to gathering outside of the Dregs in say Godfall or Sky reach or w/e? Other than say trying to obtain the exploration discipline drops for your resources?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

It's safer. You lose your entire inventory if killed in the Dregs, but only your gold in Sky Point (and only half gold in God's Reach). The trade off is that the nodes are lower quality, so they have lower drop rates for special things like materials and discs.

Right, but those are two completely different gear sets. Like most guilds are chilling in the dregs, so everything I farm in SkyPoint wouldn't really be used to advance my character other than just farming up the advanced gathering disciplines.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I get that. I'm just basically trying to figure if there's any OTHER benefit to harvesting in sky reach other than farming for the gathering disciplines. I can harvest there while I'm at work.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Super cool how sometimes the game just don't progress on loading if it's not the active window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's just so loving clunky in this game. It also doesn't seem like it stores assets for long. Like if you are in earth temple on the dregs but swap to a character in earth temple on the carebear realm it appears to have to reload everything all over again.