Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
EK hosts trophies / relics which are supposed to confer some stat increases. There's also your bank where everything not in the campaigns is stored.

It is also where most trading and crafting takes place when not in a campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
And, you will want to have a shop set up in the most trafficked EKs in order to get your goods in front of more potential buyers. Seems like they want a sort of crafting/trade environment separated from the combat... though I thought there was mention of some sort of minor combat allowed even in EKs based on the owner's preferences.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If arrows are a consumable I hope they create a reason to use different arrow types opposed to straight up dps differences.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Lol poo poo on SC but yours post is a copy/paste directly from early SC threads on SA.

It's new and interesting and risky until you realized you have no patience and regret giving an interest-free five year loan.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Tried to get on the test server during one of the allotted times, sat in a queue with 15 people waiting to hit a min threshold of 45... 10 minutes passed, nothing, logged off.

I was happy to help.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Refund time yet?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
What I want to know is how much a KS Amber Patron Early Bird is worth to people looking to buy in...

Their trusted traders thing is a loving joke... $300 for that package? The VIP alone is over a grand in store credits.

Seeing as I just saw this poo poo about castles with an hour before they close the strongholds sale, I think I'm going to sit on the account for now. Apparently buildings in the larger structures have higher taxes on them? It's all too vague for me at the moment.

You can trade the VIP tokens in-game supposedly, so there will always be a cash-out option then.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Capntastic posted:

WE BOUGHT A CASTLE? HOTEL FOR GOONS?

Items can't be gifted until 9/1 so if people want to retroactively chip in with their dozens of extra VIP tokens that'd be the time to do it.

Hopefully I can stick my medium sized fort in your castle. It should fit.

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

DancingShade posted:

New info and videos make this look like it's heading in a pretty good direction.

I should probably try actually playing in one of these alphas some day. Have had tester access for years and never used it :toot:

Download, install and log in... before you know it, you can spot Knotwood a mile away and steer clear of it. Overall 7/10 for lumberjack simulator.

Gerbil_Pen fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Chopping trees and failing at RNG crafting confirmed to work.