Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Orv posted:

You of all people should realize that some people have unrealistic expectations of video game development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I only like to razz because I think its funny to pretend to be upset over video games if you really think about the absurdity of it all

and furthermore

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I sold my 2015 gold patron for $10 less than what it's worth. Assuming someone has a bronze/silver/gold or amber Kickstarter pledge at the early bird price, I'll buy it off you at cost via PayPal.

Email me: alexanderdelarge@outlook.com

:chloe:

Jesus dude, I burned like a decent chunk of cash on this and never regretted it, I only like to pretend to regret it because it's funny to pretend :argh: at things because I don't get upset and I don't get why people get so easily upset about things but okay

but you backed in, then backed out, and now you want to burn back in? What's going on here friend, do you need help?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Flavahbeast posted:

Anshex will buy your gold kickstarter packages for $25 more than the early bird price and amber kickstarter packages for $35 more than the early bird price so if you can get people to sell them to you for the early bird price it's a nice easy flip

:eyepop:

Imagine that~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
well i came across someone's sig in the cf forums that was like

" Crowfall is gonna be the next WoW, because its not gonna be the next WoW "

makes you think

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
probably dont want people to havve too much reign on crest design lest we get hentai themed banners

it happened on war thunder~ but on the planes

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

its because full loot mmos always end in a scenario where new or returning players are quickly devoured and quit while vets complain no one is playing and quit

the establishment thing

thats why crowfall goes further and resets the world

the campaign times are going to vary and so are the rulesets, such as full loot

i think it will work out as long as they dont fragment everything so crazily to cater to everyone possible, especially carebears

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
requesting a new thread title

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

i think we are all winners and successful people :peanut:

scoop if true

I can't wait to steal a lot of things from people who think alting will make them win at life

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Isn't it "soft-launching" this year?

yea

i love how soft-launching is just a buzzword for alpha/beta testing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I played for like 10 minutes

it was pretty laggy and you couldn't chat

Druid is pretty defenseless.

thats my alpha story thanks for reading

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
what was cool was being able to harvest and stuff, i did a bit of it but it really does show promise

i can see a lot of dedicated goon projects to gathering resources to build forts and controlling lands and areas this way. Trees disappear when you harvest them, rocks too, etc. And you can take those resources to building like lumber mills or an outpost.

It just needs some optimization and its still pretty rough

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Doggir posted:

I am enjoying myself in Big world so far; Who else is in this atm, we needa group up and take peoples poo poo

ill join you

diggin druid so far

takes a bit to get used to

wasnt as laggy this time though

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i bumped our old guild thread again for no reason because its funny :peanut:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

30.5 Days posted:

is this game going to be good... or bad?

its up in the air, but pre-alpha has been promising as far as mmo/pvp mechanics go, as unoptimized as it is

if it helps, the lead designer sees it as his white whale project so they have more creative license rather than getting dogged by a marketing branch of like Sony, which a few of them who worked on SWG actually got shafted by (lol daybreak)

its best to remain cautiously optimstic, agreed.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anoia posted:

According to the official forums we're all eonwe alts

its true :eonwe:

and im glad of it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

30.5 Days posted:

I wouldn't even think about it until mid 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SweetBro posted:

How do I break it to these guys that "campaigns" are instances?

its like opting into a board game while anothe group are playing another board game

instances would be much smaller, like dungeons and lobbies in mmos

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

is the distinction that important? the game world is an instance, a part in a game world is an instance. everything is instanced and illusion made up by our senses. namaste

apparently it is if instances has such a negative connotation for some reason :shrug:

2DCAT posted:

Does crowfall allow me to flip the proverbial board game when I start to lose as well? More importantly, can I play as a thimble, or do i have to pay extra in the cash shop for that?

well yea, the campaign ends. thats the thing. everything gets a clean slate and the world "dies" and then a new one takes place. you just set up a new board p much

some will have different rulesets and durations etc.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

BadLlama posted:

The universe is instanced.

holy poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

malhavok posted:

This is why i prefer sticking with Goon Squad, not a single one of you is actually as funny as you think you are :P

:chloe:

i mean my cf sig is goon squad just to get people frothingly riled up but...

unfunny names is what ruins immersions and makes people have really nice meltdowns

oh i see, it worked here just now indirectly :yikes: woops

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Capntastic posted:

Wow, nineteen votes for Something Cawful, putting it at a slight lead over "no opinion". Glad to see such strong support!!

throw my vote into the discard pile because a smart person once said my vote never matters

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Capntastic posted:

Alright, will do.

[four seconds later]

Wow, twenty one votes for Something Cawful! Amazing unity behind this darling name!

:woop:

democracy really works, i never lost faith

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Doggir posted:

Splinter guild:
Goons Against Puns

G.A.P.E.

Goons Against Puns Eternally

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blazing Zero posted:

imagine i posted the ok hand emoji

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"soft launch"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
wow some big updates from crowfall, this is nice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eSporks posted:

This is one of the main things I loved about Shadowbane and points I mention to people not familiar with it. It was perfectly viable to build a scout that sucked at combat but was good at scouting. It was also mandatory that nearly every group, including farming or leveling groups had a scout, and that scout was never expected to participate in combat. Their primary job was to scout.
I'm really hoping they can re-create that environment, no other game has.

that sounds really great and part of the initial sell for me 2 years ago, and i can't believe its been 2 years

im cautiously optimistic about this and feel that Todd would definitely retain the spirit and to go above and beyond those old shadow bane mechanics without fundamentally changing it, only enhancing it would probably be amazing in itself

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

Is this game getting any better, or still bad?

still a ways off to tell but there aren't any egregious warning signs at the moment

besides the bilking for EK and closing the forums a while ago of course

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
shieeet thousands even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I think its hilarious but its just good to know that ya theres a lot of moving parts behind the scene that is generally :raise:-worthy at, with healthy skepticism