Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

forums died out thanks to the iron curtain

sporadic updates and commentary going "woooow! so awesome!!" are the staple posts

I sometimes just post in announcement threads to tease Pann

woooow! so awesome!!11! such fall! much crow!!1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Kimsemus posted:

I agree with the things you're saying, but I also think that MMOs are making a general shift away from the grind/leveling experience because developers realize that 95% of content for most people exists at the level cap, and they need to jam that cap full of activities that are fun because a lot of the current MMO demographic doesn't want to grind for the sake of grinding anymore.

IF (big if) Crowfall can have fun PVP campaigns with enough carry over to make character development interesting, it will be a fun game. It also will depend on how much the Crowfall devs encourage political intrigue like CCP does with EVE. Unfortunately, we won't know either of these things for a good while. :/

I'm more concerned that Crowfall's engine/architecture won't allow for lag-free large scale PVP.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Kimsemus posted:

They *claim* it can handle it fine, but I don't know how you can eliminate lag and high pings from say, Europe to a US datacenter effectively in massive battles. Didn't SOE struggle and pour crazy money into figuring this out in PS2 and still couldn't quite nail it?

It's my understanding that they're just using the standard unity 5 engine; is this no longer the case?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think there's a best case scenario when one spends $175 for a video game.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Capntastic posted:

Someone on the forums called him out for that and he made a big elaborate explanation of how it happened and how he realizes it was horrid, and basically how Crowfall is his way of apology. We'll see how that shakes out.

Well, this isn't his second chance to 'get things right'. His second chance was implementing the crap system that was in SWTOR, which was shockingly similar to SWG. So I guess he thought the CU was a pretty good idea if he's done it twice now?

Of course he's saying these things now, because they need money in order to do whatever it is that they're doing. They might end up doing something good, they might not. At either rate, I'm not going to blindly give money to two dudes who have consistently implemented bad game designs into MMOs.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Alexander DeLarge posted:

A ton of the functionality of Star Citizen is launching with 2.4

lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

my honor is this big

:eyepop:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

requesting a new thread title

This guy knows what he's talking about too: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/13382-i-kalus-konkwest/

He's been gaming since he was 5 years old on an old apple 2d with a monochrome monitor. He's literally seen and done it all, and is an expert on experts. Oh wait, his only real MMO experience is in CoX (lol) and Eve... the one game where goons (somehow) did good in :iiam:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

i only got the 30 dollar early package or w/e. can i log in and kill mans

lol if you think you can help a business/company test their unfinished game/product for anything less than $100.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Wow, definitely did not see that coming! Lololol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Capntastic posted:

I think there's maybe 6 Crowfall goons and two of them are Eonwe

i'm glad of it.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

does m,y early bird package get me any shares

I'm willing to share some week old pumpkin pie with you

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Lastgirl posted:

its like opting into a board game while anothe group are playing another board game

instances would be much smaller, like dungeons and lobbies in mmos

Does crowfall allow me to flip the proverbial board game when I start to lose as well? More importantly, can I play as a thimble, or do i have to pay extra in the cash shop for that?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Star Citizen Fan Club.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
While Capntastic is tallying votes for the Goon Guild name, I'm going to go ahead and start tallying votes for the inevitable splinter goon guild. Pls start pitching your names, tia.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
These are all really good submissions. According to the splinter goon discord channel tally (come on guys, just need 5 more members for the t-shirts!) the polls are currently shaping up as follows:

Goons Really Against Puns Eternally (G.R.A.P.E.) - 72 votes
Goons Against Puns Eternally (G.A.P.E.) - 72 votes

A pretty shocking tie right now... don't have much time left to determine whether you hate, or REALLY hate puns!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Same

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

30.5 Days posted:

they're hyping some massive Friday announcement that they claim will change everything. So we'll see what that is.

I can't wait for it to be that they're going back to Kickstarter in order to make things more awesome

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Is this game getting any better, or still bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Biowarfare posted:

downloaded it just to sniff network traffic

campaign population key:

code:
"Gods Reach US East 1"
"Gods Reach US West 1"
"Gods Reach EU 1"
"Gods Reach Australia 1"
"Gods Reach Brazil 1"
"Gods Reach US East 2"
"Gods Reach US East 3"
"Gods Reach US East 4"
"Gods Reach US West 2"
"Gods Reach EU 2"
"Gods Reach EU 3"
there have been some very odd backend tech design decisions in this game.

Lol