Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alexander DeLarge posted:

They're essentially doing a non-wipe alpha/early beta once persistence is at a state where they want it to be. I can't think of another Kickstarted MMO that launched like this except for Gorgon, and that's by a guy and his wife and has a $75,000 budget.

Uh, Star Citizen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Lol. It's amazing how much juice you've drank from all these early access MMOs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Alexander DeLarge posted:

A ton of the functionality of Star Citizen is launching with 2.4 (item overhaul 2.0) along with persistence (which will be wiped before launch, unlike Crowfall). Even if a couple systems are missing (content-wise), I'm getting a fairly complete game at launch.

Anyways, if you're going to do a high budget Kickstarter MMO, launch with the full product. Post-release content is expected, but I expected Crowfall to resemble what it said it would be on the Kickstarter page day one. Not this "soft launch but at least you'll keep your progression" nonsense.

Crowfall and SC are doing the exact same thing but calling it something completely different. SC is launched no matter how many times you or them want to say it's not. They have something you can pay for and start playing. Calling early access, alpha, beta, or whatever they feel like calling it doesn't change that fact. They are launched and all those promised features in the Kickstarter are nowhere to be seen and won't be for years or ever.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yaaaaaaaaaaas Queen posted:

for now until they realize to go back to the drawing board and do something different

its like the history of flight....probably with the same amount of maiming and death for each trial and error

were just here to see how far this glider can go

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yaaaaaaaaaaas Queen posted:

but i dropped like 1k for that glider kickstarter!!11 he promised!!1 :qq:

Technically it flew. Thanks for the money, sucka!!!!!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I played it for about half an hour a couple days ago. It’s alright I guess. I was more mad about classes being racelocked than anything else. If I want to choose a duelist I don’t want to be forced to be Punxsutawney Phil.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hasselblad posted:

Whatever the system, players are going to min max it such that there will be only one "viable" race per class.

I know what you’re saying but I don’t care about min-maxing. I care about not being a stupid rear end groundhog.

Also, there are no racials in this game as far I could tell.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Biowarfare posted:

downloaded it just to sniff network traffic

campaign population key:

code:
"Gods Reach US East 1"
"Gods Reach US West 1"
"Gods Reach EU 1"
"Gods Reach Australia 1"
"Gods Reach Brazil 1"
"Gods Reach US East 2"
"Gods Reach US East 3"
"Gods Reach US East 4"
"Gods Reach US West 2"
"Gods Reach EU 2"
"Gods Reach EU 3"
there have been some very odd backend tech design decisions in this game.

How granular does their API get? Does it break it down by race/class too?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ad by Khad posted:

I wonder if TT's spybot works on guilded too

Pretty telling they aren't on Discord anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there an updated link for cawful discord anywhere?

Capntastic posted:

While we haven't been super on the pulse of the game, there have been a few of us that have formed "Something Cawful" guild which should be joinable. We have a ton of dumb pre-order poo poo between us. Post here when you apply and we'll let you in.

We also have a discord? This link should work: https://discord.gg/fV9PDA5J

That should still work.