Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I do hope this game does well. It seems interesting and I hope they make PVP actually the focus of the game, as said previously so many MMOs before have been "gently caress yeah pvp" and then completely fail to deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Alexander DeLarge posted:

No, launching with a minimum viable product is. The entire point of getting nearly 2 million on Kickstarter and millions more on the website and through VCs was to get a finished product at launch. If they were just going to launch with an alpha/beta build or did modules, I would've waited until it hit the early access section on Steam.

So every kickstater game then? You have a perfectly valid argument to be mad about this stuff, but this isn't something only this game has done.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Eternal Crusade as well.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

mmos are pretty bad.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

I'm talking crazy on the level of naked muscular guy jacking off over mutilating your corpse continuously in a primal frenzy kind of pvp crazy

Go on...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Um your choice of bun on a burger is a very important choice actually

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm talking about burgers dude, don't neglect your choice of bun. Onion is my personnel favorite.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Blazing Zero posted:

same but with a whole mess of onions on the burg

This is also good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Aren't they basically releasing to "Early Access" in December or something? So anyone can buy and get in but its still not finished nonsense.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orv posted:

You of all people should realize that some people have unrealistic expectations of video game development.

Literal lol'd

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What can I get for my $30 pledge?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

I guess anything is instancing.

The universe is instanced.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Albion Online Refugee's

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think I have access to Beta 2? Any idea when that will hit?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Speaking of Conan Exiles, is that a thing now? Any chance it can be good?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Space Monster posted:

So I just read up on this game (via the dev blogs) how much of the stuff in there (dungeons with demons/high tier loot, avatars, named thralls, etc.) is actually already in the game (or will be, rather, since it isn't in EA yet) and how buggy is it?

The answer to this question is: Funcom

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is game dead?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can you get a dong statue?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I checked my account and I should have access to the Beta 2 testing pool which currently has access but I have never received an email saying Yo you are in come download. Am I missing something?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Orv posted:

This but unironically.

same

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

The harvesting & crafting skill gains are extremely not marginal. For point of reference, an untrained character mining on a Rank 9 (highest rank) node will average 2.5 white ore and 0.5 ethereal dust per node. A character who puts the full two years into training a single harvesting type gets about :

4.5 white ore
3.25 ethereal dust
2.23 green ore
0.87 blue ore
0.53 purple ore
0.01 orange ore

Likewise, without training, crafting anything but basic recipes is actually impossible.

If someone spends most there poo poo on gathering though are they still able to contribute in a meaningful way in pee vee pees? That's generally a problem I hate, I like gathering to a degree and getting stuff others can't but I also like to killmans.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

FF14 had pvp?

Also I forgot this game had two different skill sets, your global stuff and then your class stuff. So being able to point things in global while leveling combat stuff in a class is kind of cool and good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whats the chance of this game going to beta by December? Feels like they had to remake a number of complicated systems several times.*

*Their progress is still pretty good for a kickstarter game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Isn't the grind just click button and go afk as the game training you while you are away? I don't have a problem when the grind is huge when that is it. What sort of grind are we talking here?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

- 5.3 is now on LIVE. TEST has gone internal until more fixes are made to 5.4.
- Full wipe including skills
- Time bank is in but premium is not, which means only one skill from each sphere in training, and skills will come to a stop unless you log in daily
- I'm order :V

I'm down to play whenever others are around. It is probably time to kill mans. I'm in the discord.

How is the actual playing experience? Last time I logged in everything was janky as gently caress. Its not a dig at the game at all, its still in alpha but it is just something I personally can't stand.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'm going to chop all the tree's one day.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

What is gacha, are we trying to spell Gotcha? Im so confused :ohdear:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

All MMOs are bad so checks out.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Shroud is the blockchain one, this is the turn it into a straight shadowbane clone halfway through development one

I didn't play shadowbane when it came out but most everyone I know that did said it was pretty great except for the plethora of game breaking bugs that they never fixed?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

People have to get paid.

Under the old subscription model you paid your :10bux: or you don't play at all. Letting people either pay :10bux: and getting perks or not spending the money but still being able to play but have to deal with some annoying stuff is A OK with me.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

You must pay the goon tax to enter.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Well I think they are partially trying to solve that with the factions, rather than having 3 factions that fight for overall power, you have two and then a third that tries to keep everything in balance. Who knows how it will work though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Imo its probably best if they avoid a stealth magic assassin class that can just blow cooldowns kill 2-3 people and walk away.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

It definitely is going down the "cartoonish" looking route for graphics but they make it look good in my opinion.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

malhavok posted:

I login once in a while to check their progress, which is going well for a game of this budget. This is still not something you can just play for fun as if it were an early access game though, it's still just a test environment.

Same. Every now and then I'll update, make a character, chop some wood look at some spells then logout for a month or two.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Turd Herder posted:

Wait are you serious? I thought player base dropped off pretty quickly in that game.

:thejoke:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Senor Dog posted:

heh what a dumbass that guy, not being super knowledgeable about random lovely MMOs. I'd even call him a loser

unironically agree

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Anyone got a TL:DR on the progress of this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Still more of a game than Star Citizen.

jajaja