Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ScrubLeague posted:

You learn a secret around 28 and that secret is that New Year's Eve loving blows. NYE, St. Pat's, Mardi Gras, Cinco de Mayo, and whatever other Big Drinking Holidays are always the worst times to go out, because it's Amateur Hour at every loving bar.

I'm going to my 1st Mardi Gras this year. I am 38. :rip: me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I can still do everything like martial arts and hike and stuff but I pay for it later. Also the waking up to pee thing.
I skipped on a blanket I was wrapped in and fell down stairs, now I have a trick wrist and can feel when it is going to rain.
Also no more drinking and dancing til the bar closes...

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

ScrubLeague posted:

Every time in history anyone has said this they've been wrong.

This is true until it's not. Many former societies fell throughout history. At some point it's going to happen to ours too. With environmental, political, cultural, and resource limitations having a high likelihood of hitting us this century, it's not a stretch to say that we'll see some serious poo poo happen. If not us then our children or theirs.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ScrubLeague posted:

Every time in history anyone has said this they've been wrong.

There's never a Roman around to prove a point when you need one.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Thanks to the way males age, I started a second job where there's a good chance I could get shot. 30 is magical, gently caress the world, who gives a poo poo.

What I'm saying is 30+ is the absolute goddamn poo poo, and everyone should try to stay alive to reach this age.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm 35 and more miserable than I've ever been and just found out my sinuses are literally eating my skull from the inside. Anyone have any tips on how to speed up the process

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

When I turned 30 I had finally landed a full time teaching job and my first child was 6 months old. It was crazy busy, sleep deprived and wonderful.

45 now and not happy with how random parts of me get sore/won't heal as fast, too many people I know looking old as gently caress or dying and can't drink anywhere near as much as I used to, hangovers suck and I can't afford the recovery time the next day. Not exercising enough, wasting too much time on the computer as well.

But balanced against that my family expanded to 3 girls, all awesome, enjoying watching them grow up. Still love my career. Still have my hair, even though my beard is showing signs of 'distinguished silver' as my dad calls it (surely not white).

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

34 year old goon. Bad back, married with a kid, don't go out anymore. I play video games every night.

Happier than I've ever been bitches.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Tochiazuma posted:

too many people I know looking old as gently caress or dying

Good point. The main thing that's getting to me is the progression of Parties ---> Weddings ---> Funerals.
Of course you can turn a funeral into a HELL of a party.

I've been sorting out so many dead people's possessions that I'm doing my own early, so that no bastard has to do mine. Time to purge out all that poo poo you've been hoarding.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Got my passport when I was 24, I look younger and healthier now than I did then. :shrug:

Also get laid more too. 20s is overrated IMO

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hello. I am 34 as of Jan 1st.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
gently caress all of you I hope you're turned into glue
suck a dick i hope your balls are blue I'm only 22

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
You may not be able to beat people half your age in the Olympics, but you can still be a silver bad rear end in life.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

you could have had the best of both worlds if Fox didn't prematurely cancel Firefly

Firefly was just OK. Honestly, it was probably better as a one-season wonder.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Firefly was just OK. Honestly, it was probably better as a one-season wonder.

Agreed

Cancelling Farscape early was some serious bullshit, though

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The dialogue in firefly related poo poo is insufferable.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Reverse Centaur posted:

I'm 35 and more miserable than I've ever been and just found out my sinuses are literally eating my skull from the inside. Anyone have any tips on how to speed up the process

There is a timed-decay steroid shot that will keep your sinuses from exploding every time your neighbor starts rolling coal or whatever and it lasts 6 months between visits.

In other 30+ news, I took the wife in to get her vagina re-surfaced. Apparently the uterus is actually a portal to the chaos of The Warp and they emit mutagenic energy at all times, so most men with long-term wives will want to read up on fibroid removal? Anyway, it was coming on 50,000 miles so it was due. Everything is now smooth and well-oiled, and IUDs are back so that is cool too.

ThePeteEffect
Jun 12, 2007

I'm just crackers about cheese!
Fun Shoe
I'm 32 and, except for my receding hairline, I look better than I did at 25. I am still single, though, so kiss my rear end spouse-havers (and hair-havers).

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

ScrubLeague posted:

You learn a secret around 28 and that secret is that New Year's Eve loving blows. NYE, St. Pat's, Mardi Gras, Cinco de Mayo, and whatever other Big Drinking Holidays are always the worst times to go out, because it's Amateur Hour at every loving bar.

Adults have dinner parties with friends instead. With the kind of food that takes all day to make, and expensive booze which actually tastes nice.

Then you start having kids and are instead asleep by 9. Facebook updates from friends and coworkers with older children indicate this eventually passes.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm honestly surprised it took you until 28 to figure this out. All those holidays are excuses for bars to put out their cheapest drinks and worst-tasting food and charge you quintuple for the privilege.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
im either 32 or 33 and two nights ago i broke two foot fingers agaisnt my bed frame

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Every sunday morning I roam the mean streets of stockholm in search of young men to fight, to prove my vitality

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
did i say Fight

i meant gently caress

lolllll

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Haha nice slip Zzulu lol

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

29 and 30 aren't that different but turning 30 made me feel like poo poo. the base 10 numbering system is v. triggering.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Shadow posted:

This is true until it's not. Many former societies fell throughout history. At some point it's going to happen to ours too. With environmental, political, cultural, and resource limitations having a high likelihood of hitting us this century, it's not a stretch to say that we'll see some serious poo poo happen. If not us then our children or theirs.

you need to cheer up brah, you're constantly banging this drum and it's tiring to read. Humanity is really good and civilisation owns.

BelgianWaffle
Aug 25, 2002
damn Belgian

I get tired real fast, any excercise exhausts me really fast. When I drink sugary sodas I poop blood. I don't have a smartphone, I do not know how twitter, Facebook, whatsapp, iPhone etc work.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Maoist Pussy posted:

There is a timed-decay steroid shot that will keep your sinuses from exploding every time your neighbor starts rolling coal or whatever and it lasts 6 months between visits.

No no no, I want the sweet release of death, not a quick fix. Either way I am in a universal health care country so unfortunately I'm being rushed into surgery. This will be my second major surgery in three months. Being old is grand!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

BelgianWaffle posted:

I get tired real fast, any excercise exhausts me really fast. When I drink sugary sodas I poop blood. I don't have a smartphone, I do not know how twitter, Facebook, whatsapp, iPhone etc work.

lol

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Get a vasectomy, because you're worth it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Drink more milk, god drat it. Don't y'all remember those got milk? commercials from the 90's :bahgawd:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Everyone thinks the lovely music they listened to when they were 14-20 is the best.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Everyone thinks the lovely music they listened to when they were 14-20 is the best.

gently caress yeah Def Leppard, Dokken, Maiden, Priest, Crue. Not Poison tho, Poison sucked poo poo

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Wicker Man posted:

Drink more milk, god drat it. Don't y'all remember those got milk? commercials from the 90's :bahgawd:

I'm lactose intolerant. Drinking milk would have DIRE CONSEQUENCES.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Android Bicyclist posted:

I'm lactose intolerant. Drinking milk would have DIRE CONSEQUENCES.

I'm lactose intolerant, I still drink milk, I give no fucks. Deal with my rancid farts.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
I'm 31 and in the best shape of my life. Working out and eating right is awesome. Also smoking weed instead of drinking is also awesome.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

PathAsc posted:

Get a vasectomy, because you're worth it.

I got one a few days after my twins were born. Anyone who says it hurts getting one is a big pussy.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Meydey posted:

gently caress yeah Def Leppard, Dokken, Maiden, Priest, Crue. Not Poison tho, Poison sucked poo poo

Poison was bad but, let's admit, it was a straight panty-dropper.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Put some sugar on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS