Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Pham Nuwen posted:

Motherfucker! I started replacing the B2000's thermostat with plenty of time to spare, but then of course I managed to drop one of the bolts and it has disappeared somewhere in the engine bay. I've been over that whole loving thing with a magnet-on-a-stick and found nothing, and now it's getting dark. I'm just hoping tomorrow I'll be able to spot it in the better light so I don't have to figure out the exact replacement for that loving bolt.

I too know your pain. :smith: This exact scenario happened to me about 2 months ago.
Apparently Japanese car makers have a portal to the Phantom Zone installed just out of sight in the engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Pham Nuwen posted:

Did you find it? Give me some hope here man!

I hope to gently caress it isn't wedged behind the fan bracket because that's a bitch to pull off.

There's a Fastenal just up the street from my house and digging in the engine is :effort:

My condolences.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So today was a pretty good day. Even though it was rainy and lovely all day, I got work inside, and the company gave us the other half of our Christmas bonus today:

And on top of that the boss specifically said not one, but two things I do are now going to be the new company standard.
2016 is off to a pretty fantastic start.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Dammit. I fell asleep for 3 hours. Now I'ma gonna be up all night.

Perhaps some weed would make you a bit sleepy?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

kastein posted:

No idea, but I'm sure fuck2016.gif will be bandied about with great enthusiasm as a result

Let's hope not. That was the worst loving meme and it needs to stay dead.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So D&D has a thread that's talking about self-driving cars. (I know, D&D is terrible, etc....)
Why the gently caress is it that every single time self driving cars get brought up someone always jumps in to talk about how fantastic they'll be, and how they'll solve all traffic problems, and individual vehicle ownership will be a thing of the past and (TECHNOBABBLE INTENSIFIES)

Like, I think self driving cars will be cool in the sense that I can turn on autopilot and nap in traffic, but I really have a hard time seeing them having a real huge impact. At least not for a few decades.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So it turns out Fieldpiece has a really fantastic repair department. Sent in my busted SMAN4 for repair, they just straight up sent a new one out the same day.
I had heard good things about them and it turns out it's true!

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey, so we have a HVAC thread now, which you should go check out! It's full of cool mechanical stuff.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761260

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Went to Sears to get some screwdrivers for work. (Boy was that a depressing sight)

Ended up rolling out of there with a new toolbox. Had been $200, but was on sale for $99 Awww yiss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Sigma X posted:

Just spent $2000 on a new mattress and box spring. I had to do it, but that really would've been better as a new exhaust.

It's worth it though. A new mattress is the best thing, especially if your old one was hosed up.

• Locked thread