Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ratbert90 posted:

I love/hate that none of these cartoonists stop to think:

Hey; if the entire world is saying what Israel is doing is wrong, then maybe, JUST maybe what their doing is wrong?

Nahhhhh

Everyone is antisemitic but me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has he lost a lot of weight since these were taken or does the suit just hide it better?

Only Taft was a larger president-elect

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol this guy's art is so loving bad and he should feel bad

https://www.patreon.com/redpanels

embarrassing

donate 3 grand a month and we might even get a lovely flash toy but with like, swastikas or some poo poo on it, i'm so psyched

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MinibarMatchman posted:

embarrassing

Surprised, yet pleased, that only 10 people are supporting this horrible Nazi hack. I guess the world is slightly less horrible than I thought :unsmith: hopefully these comics will end up not being financially viable just like Diversity Lane and he'll stop making them.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

MinibarMatchman posted:

embarrassing

Goals
$46 of $3,500
per month

Keep going buddy, you'll get there.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
to be fair, it looks like the patreon's only been up and running for a day or two. Might take a bit longer than that for word to propagate along the secret nazi pepenet.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

People still go for those rare pepes right?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Doesn't Patreon have a strict policy against hate speech?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

MinibarMatchman posted:

embarrassing

Fucker gets 46 bucks a month more then they should. :smithicide:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mendrian posted:

Well... that's a pretty contentious statement really.

The problem with health insurance is that we view it like a car insurance in the first place, a just-in-case settlement structure designed to pay out large sums of money from a communal pool in the event that it is needed. This works (kind of - that's also debatable) because you can view the added cost of mandatory insurance as a fundamental part of car ownership, along with gas or repairs. You can also simply choose not to own a car.

Making health insurance a fundamental cost of existing is contentious. Ideally, people wouldn't have to buy in advance of anything else in order to be treated for stuff. I realize mandatory health insurance is a half-decent compromise in a country where people just refuse to buy it, but people refuse to buy health insurance for the totally reasonable issue of not being able to afford it in the first place.

You can't get it for "free," though. The money has to come from somewhere. The difference is that most other developed countries pay through taxes, not through a private market.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

ratbert90 posted:

I love/hate that none of these cartoonists stop to think:

Hey; if the entire world is saying what Israel is doing is wrong, then maybe, JUST maybe what their doing is wrong?

Nahhhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqZ2PPOLik

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Spiffster posted:

Fucker gets 46 bucks a month more then they should. :smithicide:

Fulchrum posted:

Doesn't Patreon have a strict policy against hate speech?

Well I finally found out there's actually a way to report patreon accounts for things like promoting hatespeech, so there's that. But it would probably require some particularly blatant hateful comics instead of his usual dogwhistle stuff.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

A number of liberal cartoonists have been fairly chill with Obama and things like the drone program or doggedly defending Obamacare as if it isn't based on old conservative ideas.

Stop that no it wasn't. The mandate is the only part, that's like saying eating a salad is the exact same thing as snorting two pounds of coke because both contain plant products.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ularg posted:

Well I finally found out there's actually a way to report patreon accounts for things like promoting hatespeech, so there's that. But it would probably require some particularly blatant hateful comics instead of his usual dogwhistle stuff.

They're not twitter, they might be able to connect the dots.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

duz posted:

They're not twitter, they might be able to connect the dots.

I have no hope in humanity.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

I think him bragging about the ADL calling him hate speech would probably be enough. Like, they're pretty much the top authority on hate speech.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fulchrum posted:

I think him bragging about the ADL calling him hate speech would probably be enough. Like, they're pretty much the top authority on hate speech.

I'm out of the loop and have no idea what the ADL is or what you're referring to. Also am an idiot so if you got a link please share it.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Anti-Defamation League. "The mission of the ADL is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment for all citizens alike."

And his Patreon specifically quotes this http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/echo.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/#.WGOnrBsrLD4

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought they were deliberately exaggerated.

I feel confident that they weren't far off.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has he lost a lot of weight since these were taken or does the suit just hide it better?

He's fkn fat. He's has the Mike Huckabee effect where every effort is spent to make you see him from his most flattering side, but any side view of him shows him to be huge. It's one of the reasons why his doctor's "letter" is so hilarious.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"Lame Duck" refers to a politician who already has a successor lined up and is therefor politically ineffective, not someone who has the power to destroy the world. You idiot. You dope.
Yeah, this jumped out at me too. Either he's a lame duck who can't do poo poo or he's toying with the balance of the entire world. You can't really do that if you're a lame duck. That's what makes you a lame duck.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, this jumped out at me too. Either he's a lame duck who can't do poo poo or he's toying with the balance of the entire world. You can't really do that if you're a lame duck. That's what makes you a lame duck.

No, a lame duck is literally a politician whose successor has been chosen. True, they generally don't do much during that period, but they can. For example, the period from November 2010 to January 2011 was the "lame duck session" of Congress, but they did a lot during that session, including repealing DADT.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

phew, that sure was close!

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

Stop that no it wasn't. The mandate is the only part, that's like saying eating a salad is the exact same thing as snorting two pounds of coke because both contain plant products.

This, this and this again. The Heritage Foundation plan was literally just the mandate and only created so the Republicans could pretend to have an alternative to Hillary's. The ACA includes patient protections, regulations of insurance companies, subsidies, standardization of plans and expansion of single-payer health care. It should never be spun as a failure.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

ManlyGrunting posted:

What the absolute hell is Garrison talking about with Clinton's "drunken rage" on election night? I mean clearly he must have some source other than the fever dreams he has while masturbating to Trump, but what Mickey Mouse Infowars-Lite drivel is he drawing from here?

Literally just InfoWars reposting claims from a right-wing radio host who got kicked off Twitter, who said "a CNN reporter" told him.

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-had-drunken-meltdown-after-losing-the-election/

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
The Red Panels guy is on Youtube now and says exactly what I expected he would. And of course the comments are just delightful.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That's right Mikey. You and you fellow Real Americans have finally run that uppity boy out of town. Good on you, I hope you're proud of the accomplishment.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Oh dear, 8 years? I think the return period has passed, my friend. Maybe if there was a real problem then you would have tried to return him earlier.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

There's a lot more concern trolling over US-Israel relations than I expected. Come the gently caress on. Israel can throw a temper tantrum all they want, but they're still gonna play nice with the US. Now if Netenyahu really had balls he'd try to snub the US like he did to Senegal. But he doesn't, he knows he doesn't, so he won't.

Course that's a moot point cause of our new godking coming into power and oh my god 2017 will loving SUCK

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The American people have spoken! They want Obama out! They've voiced this by electing him for the maximum amount of time it's possible to and then letting his term run out as it normally does. Checkmate, Dems.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

The American people have spoken! They want Obama out! They've voiced this by electing him for the maximum amount of time it's possible to and then letting his term run out as it normally does. Checkmate, Dems.

Yeah, a more accurate analogy would be Uncle Sam clinging to Obama while the clerk insists that this model is expired and it's time for a mandatory trade-in.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What exactly is going on with the clock in that Ramirez? It looks like it has a second, smaller clock on it.

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Kraken posted:

What exactly is going on with the clock in that Ramirez? It looks like it has a second, smaller clock on it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Internet Kraken posted:

Some clocks have a separate, smaller face for just the second hand. It is not something I see a lot of but it exists. Ramirez apparently thinks that's an especially nice style for a wall clock, since he also just used it in the one with the "Media" as a little boy in a dunce cap. It's a weird detail and I'm not sure why he's included it twice now that I know if in recent days.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I have no idea who drew this, but I quite like it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Johnny Walker posted:

Some clocks have a separate, smaller face for just the second hand. It is not something I see a lot of but it exists. Ramirez apparently thinks that's an especially nice style for a wall clock, since he also just used it in the one with the "Media" as a little boy in a dunce cap. It's a weird detail and I'm not sure why he's included it twice now that I know if in recent days.

Wait, is it for the second hand or is it for the day and the month?

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Selachian posted:

I have no idea who drew this, but I quite like it.

Person on tumblr who goes by terriblenerd, it seems. They're also selling t-shirts. 100% of the proceeds go to the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation.

Minty
May 3, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fulchrum posted:

Wait, is it for the second hand or is it for the day and the month?

It could be for either! It could be for temperature! It could be for air pressure!

Different clocks are different!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think Mac and Rowe have earned places on the OP

• Locked thread