Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

loquacius posted:

It is a right-wing meme that the reason HRC didn't give her concession speech until the morning after election night is that she spent the entire night whacked out on some type of drug and trying to strangle Podesta and Mook for ruining her. I don't know what the sources are, but yeah probably not anything reputable.

It comes from an exaggeration from the truth that she cried the entire night and blamed Obama and Comney for her loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

NutritiousSnack posted:

It comes from an exaggeration from the truth that she cried the entire night and blamed Obama and Comney for her loss.

Jesus what a horrid person.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

KillerJunglist posted:

Trump will do something incredibly stupid and start world war 3, possibly with Russia.

Garrison will blame Obama even if Trump literally tweets "BRB, Starting WW3".

Were liberals seriously this blind to Obama at any time? I feel like he was criticized (fairly at times) from both sides.
A number of liberal cartoonists have been fairly chill with Obama and things like the drone program or doggedly defending Obamacare as if it isn't based on old conservative ideas.

It's not nearly as bad as Republicans, who will defend their guy no matter what. Four years ago, Putin was an evil chessmaster outwitting Obummer at evey turn. Suddenly he's now a good ally and friend.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Millions of jumping Putins! America's ally in the war against insects! War!

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

A number of liberal cartoonists have been fairly chill with Obama and things like the drone program or doggedly defending Obamacare as if it isn't based on old conservative ideas.

It's not nearly as bad as Republicans, who will defend their guy no matter what. Four years ago, Putin was an evil chessmaster outwitting Obummer at evey turn. Suddenly he's now a good ally and friend.

Well, y'know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Millions of jumping Putins! America's ally in the war against insects! War!

That's an A+ username/post combo :smith:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, even back then they could barely hold back their open admiration and obviously wished Putin was the President instead of Obama

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

He wanted just one more term!
Labels: 2017, America, New Year, Obama, President, transition
it's a nice paste job, yaakov +

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Utterly and completely loathsome.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
that dying franchise which only made a bajillion dollars in the last movie

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
of course nazi klurf man likes his star wars, of course he does

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I honestly can't tell if that's the worst obit cartoon ever or just a lovely MRA thing about the new movies being unpopular because they star women.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

You say that like the blind tribalism isn't why they control every level of government, and isn't basically the only way to stop them.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm calling it that Kelly's will be basically this comic

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Edible Hat posted:

Are there instances in history of a government claiming its leader is alive after he had died?

Stalin. His advisers were too scared he might not actually be dead.

Also I came back into this thread after a while away and was reading October AFTER Trump had been elected and christ it's weird to see everyone so totally assuming he'd lost, even the right wing cartoonists.
I get why, but wow.

Taear fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 30, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Begemot posted:

I honestly can't tell if that's the worst obit cartoon ever or just a lovely MRA thing about the new movies being unpopular because they star women.

Don't forget a black guy!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dr. Stab posted:

Well, y'know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There is a massive civil war going on the right wing establishment right now over this. Ryan and McCain for example are saying Obama didn't go far enough. Ofcourse the rank and file are behind Trump and Putin, and in reality only tradational neocons and people crying about the Hillary loss care about Putin. In the end the Republicans really will get behind Trump's planned friendship with Russia because it isn't an actual club to hit him with.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Wow, Imagine being a c u c k to a country with a GDP smaller than Italy. It's time to stop the apologism for other countries and to put America First, Ben!!

Hey now! I'll have you know that if Russia were an American state it would have the 4th highest GDP in the nation.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Any president that can drive a golf ball through a block wall and leave it still standing is OK in my book.

Somewhere, Kirschen's right eye begins to twitch.

The rare Fisher obit that depicts her as she was at any point after 1977.

Beats by Leia

Why are the Ukraine and Brexit there? Aren't those good things in McKee's world?

Baby 2017 looooves Death.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

"Lame Duck" refers to a politician who already has a successor lined up and is therefor politically ineffective, not someone who has the power to destroy the world. You idiot. You dope.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

davebo posted:

Am I perhaps overthinking this utterly poo poo cartoon?

Remember, the only difference between Red Panels and the other pantshitters that hold the same ideology is that RP know how to contruct a joke.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Obama is just makin' sure...one last time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Has he lost a lot of weight since these were taken or does the suit just hide it better?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Somebody threw a rock from inside Israel through the glass, and then Obama picked up the rock?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
The suit. Trump is a fat boy

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

NutritiousSnack posted:

The suit. Trump is a fat boy

Maybe a little manly corsetry.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has he lost a lot of weight since these were taken or does the suit just hide it better?

He's tumblr feminist levels of fat.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

The suit. Trump spends $5,000 on a suit and it fits him like a garbage bag because he will not admit he's overweight.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015

Selachian posted:

The suit. Trump spends $5,000 on a suit and it fits him like a garbage bag because he will not admit he's overweight.

Bald, too.

It works though, because people don't notice he's fat and bald. Misdirection, I guess.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, that would be a problem for people to do this with health insurance. If only there were some way to mandate people buy insurance before they need it.

Well... that's a pretty contentious statement really.

The problem with health insurance is that we view it like a car insurance in the first place, a just-in-case settlement structure designed to pay out large sums of money from a communal pool in the event that it is needed. This works (kind of - that's also debatable) because you can view the added cost of mandatory insurance as a fundamental part of car ownership, along with gas or repairs. You can also simply choose not to own a car.

Making health insurance a fundamental cost of existing is contentious. Ideally, people wouldn't have to buy in advance of anything else in order to be treated for stuff. I realize mandatory health insurance is a half-decent compromise in a country where people just refuse to buy it, but people refuse to buy health insurance for the totally reasonable issue of not being able to afford it in the first place.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
People can give up their car and take the bus easier than people can give up on their loved ones when they get some expensive illness. And society balks at saying "No insurance? No hospital!" to a man who just got hit by a car and is bleeding out.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

loquacius posted:

Today's Bennett is entitled "Wishful Thinking"

wait let me see that again, oops, it's actually entitled "Retaliation"

how silly of me

ngl though, I would buy a book of nothing but political cartoonists' drawings of cats.

I might be biased though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

neongrey posted:

ngl though, I would buy a book of nothing but political cartoonists' drawings of cats.

I might be biased though.

In Kelly's book there's an ad for his book of cat cartoons and I wish it was real.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Putin as a cat? Everyone knows he's a dog man. He has had at least three dogs while in office: the late Konni, famous for disquieting Angela Merkel, and the still-alive Buffy and Yume.

Also lol at the Hillary dove.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Remember those nude Trump sculptures?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Didn't Putin own a tiger at one point?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If by own you mean shoot (w/ tranqs iirc) then ya, he owned a tiger.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol this guy's art is so loving bad and he should feel bad

https://www.patreon.com/redpanels

embarrassing

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I love/hate that none of these cartoonists stop to think:

Hey; if the entire world is saying what Israel is doing is wrong, then maybe, JUST maybe what their doing is wrong?

Nahhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TheBigAristotle posted:

Remember those nude Trump sculptures?
I thought they were deliberately exaggerated.

• Locked thread