Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Europe – David Cameron’s insistence that settlement terms defining a new deal for Britain in the EU must be immediately legally watertight and irreversible has suffered a setback after the president of the European parliament said he could not guarantee that" After WF Yeames.

Telegraph:

Times:

Russia rejects Syria war crimes claim over hospital attacks

Mail:
Mac on...the proposed Brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ahaha "Nombre Dix" Mac you petty wanker

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Europe

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron, Boris Johnson and the EU – Boris Johnson has told David Cameron that he needs to do more to win his support for the campaign to keep Britain in the EU" After School of Fontainebleau.

Telegraph:

I assume the quote is Neville Chamberlain, but can't find a source.

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Pope John Paul II's alleged love affair

Mac on...Prince William's alleged EU backing

Do people still want Squires's Australian Sport cartoon? The latest is here.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Do people still want Squires's Australian Sport cartoon?
It's better than most of the other shite, even if it is a bit niche.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Yes, yes we do.

If nothing else its better than Collins.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

This latest batch is spectacularly vile.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Do people still want Squires's Australian Sport cartoon?

Definitely! Need something to cleanse the palate after Mac.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can political cartoonists lazily rip off Pokemon or Adventure Time next, something modern to make a change from lazily ripping off classical pieces.

Maybe have Angela Merkel as Goku throwing an energy ball with DEBT written on it, I don't know.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 18, 2016

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can political cartoonists lazily rip off Pokemon or Adventure Time next, something modern to make a change from lazily ripping off classical pieces.

Maybe have Angela Merkel as Goku throwing an energy ball with DEBT written on it, I don't know.

At least we GET ripoffs, unlike the literally blank pages cartoonists poo poo out in the US.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Obligatory

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Are the people who buy newspapers really going to get all those sweet Adventure Time references? If you want a more modern reference, then hope for the return of Ed "Wallace" Miliband.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on EU renegotiations – With reports emerging that David Cameron is struggling to win support among some European leaders, he also faces criticism from many back home"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...David Cameron's EU negotiations

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on EU renegotiations"
nude rupe.

who's the man-mouse?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

nobodyssweetheart posted:

who's the man-mouse?

I think it's columnist Tim Montgomerie, who tried to make a very big show of quitting the tory party this week. Basically he's a rat fleeing the sinking ship.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
We just CAN'T seem to bury Thatcher's skeleton!!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who's the guy next to nuderupe, who's the guy holding Thatcher, and what's with the snake?

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Dabir posted:

Who's the guy next to nuderupe, who's the guy holding Thatcher, and what's with the snake?

The snake is Farage, Im guessing the person in the middle is IDS and I don't know who's holding Thatcher up.

e: The caption relates to this story if anyone missed it http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/feb/18/joint-enterprise-law-wrongly-interpreted-for-30-years-court-rules

Overminty fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Feb 19, 2016

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Christ, that Adams. I can't decide who looks worse, Count Orlok as played by Sajid Javid or IDS with a massive moustache or Theresa May crossed with the grotesque Evil Jew meme "character"?

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Overminty posted:

The snake is Farage, I'm guessing the person in the middle is IDS and I don't know who's holding Thatcher up.

The Rothermere/"Brexshirts" paper in his pocket makes me think he is the owner of the Daily Mail or just a general Daily Mail reader/true believer.
(I'm not savvy enough to know what the real Viscount Rothermere looks like; if indeed he has three rows of teeth. He's probably inbred enough to have three rows of teeth.)

I confirm that's an IDS. Rowson always gives him a lovely fluffy ring of hair and stilt limbs.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 19, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That looks like Dacre, actually.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Tesseractieon posted:

That looks like Dacre, actually.

That's what I thought.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
"Hurrah for the Brexshirts" - Rowson is a legend.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Theresa May crossed with the grotesque Evil Jew meme "character"
Hillary?

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

The Rothermere/"Brexshirts" paper in his pocket makes me think he is the owner of the Daily Mail or just a general Daily Mail reader/true believer.
(I'm not savvy enough to know what the real Viscount Rothermere looks like; if indeed he has three rows of teeth. He's probably inbred enough to have three rows of teeth.)

As others have said it's Paul Dacre, though I'm not 100% sure about the specific significance of the teeth. Could be just to emphasise both the Mail and his own personal rabid ferocity, a reference to his legendary foul and abusive mouth (receiving a double or even triple cunting from Dacre is apparently a well-known thing in the Mail offices), or it might be a sly way of insinuating that he is incapable of doing anything other than lying through his teeth.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Niric posted:

As others have said it's Paul Dacre, though I'm not 100% sure about the specific significance of the teeth. Could be just to emphasise both the Mail and his own personal rabid ferocity, a reference to his legendary foul and abusive mouth (receiving a double or even triple cunting from Dacre is apparently a well-known thing in the Mail offices), or it might be a sly way of insinuating that he is incapable of doing anything other than lying through his teeth.

According to Cristina Odone in The Observer, Dacre has a reputation towards underlings of "verbal abuse [and] a drill sergeant's delight in public humiliation"[55] which also includes verbal abuse.[17] According to Nick Davies in his book Flat Earth News[56] his staff call his morning editorial meetings the "Vagina Monologues" because of his habit of calling everybody a "oval office".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dacre

(An amusing supporting detail in un-encyclopaedological language)

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 19, 2016

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Brussels summit – David Cameron manages to strike a deal after lengthy talks, with European council president Donald Tusk announcing unanimous support among EU leaders"

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Pope Francis questions Donald Trump's Christianity

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Cameron's European fig leaf - Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s deal"

Sunday Telegraph:

UK 'better off' out of EU - Michael Gove

Independent on Sunday:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

via twitter

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's decision – London mayor says he will campaign to leave the EU after concluding that David Cameron’s deal will not deliver on what he promised"

Telegraph:

A Boris Bike (Although they're red now!)

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the reaction to Boris Johnson's EU stance – The pound tumbled to a seven-year low and the UK was warned its credit rating was at risk as the effect of Boris Johnson’s backing for the Brexit campaign was felt"

Telegraph:

After Hockney.

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory row over the EU referendum – David Cameron has moved to calm his dramatic row with Boris Johnson over the EU referendum but faced fresh tensions with Eurosceptic ministers to stand down if he loses"

Telegraph:

Times:

Junior doctors set to hold more strikes

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Those Bell (lol) trunks. :gonk:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron's 'motherly advice' to Corbyn – David Cameron launched a highly personal attack on Jeremy Corbyn during PMQs by saying that his mother would expect the Labour leader to wear a proper suit, do up his tie and sing the national anthem"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... David Cameron's new EU campaign support team

Mac on...Brexit Majority of supermarket meat comes from animals fed on GM crops

Guardian Sport:

and as requested, Guardian Australian Sport:

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Boris is Trump. Cameron is Trump. Fifa is Trump. All God's children are Trump.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Boris is Trump. Cameron is Trump. Fifa is Trump. All God's children are Trump.
Truly the end-times are upon us.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Today I looked into a mirror and saw a man filled with hate. His face was that of Donald Trump.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the debate over Trident replacement – Jeremy Corbyn is planning to attend a march in London against nuclear weapons at the weekend, while Labour is embroiled in an internal debate about whether to drop support for a continuous at-sea nuclear deterrent"

Telegraph:

Jimmy Savile and the BBC: Dame Janet Smith report's key sections

Independent:

Times:

EU referendum: David Cameron 'could sack Michael Gove'; Flying Scotsman on London King's Cross to York run

Mail:
Mac on...the Savile report

'Amazing isn't it? I wasn't aware of this either.'

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Indie thinks the report has a rosy view?

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Indie thinks the report has a rosy view?

I think it's supposed to represent her taking off the rose tinted glasses, with the light (of truth) shining through the darkness but the tint on the report itself makes it a little unclear. It's a neat idea, since Saville famously wore specs like that and the metaphor works, but there's something a bit off in the execution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Brexit campaign – Michael Howard, who has joined the Brexit cause, has become one of the most senior Conservatives to reject David Cameron’s EU reform deal" After Jack Davis.

Telegraph:

George Osborne: EU exit "is deadly serious"

Independent:

After Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

After Eric Gill.

Stephen Collins: