Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Jeremy Hunt, fiscal drag queen – After his budget and his clash with Amol Rajan on the Today programme, the chancellor is seen in a new light"

Sunday Telegraph:

Government plan to scrap National Insurance ‘an aspiration’

Matt:

Non-doms plot exodus in wake of Budget crackdown

Sunday Times:

Failure to fund military puts Britain in ‘alarming place’, MPs say

Mail on Sunday:

Rupert Murdoch, 92, announces engagement to girlfriend Elena Zhukova, 67, and reveals plans to marry in June

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Ramadan in Gaza – Palestinians await first sight of the new moon, signalling the start of the holy month"

Telegraph:

Bumper night for the Brits as Christopher Nolan finally gets his Oscar

Times:

Joe Biden urges Binyamin Netanyahu to help hungry Gazans

Evening Standard:

Ministers demand extra defence spending in the face of rising global threats; Kate Middleton breaks silence on ‘manipulated’ Mother’s Day photo row

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Princess of Wales’s photo-editing skills – The Princess of Wales has apologised for an editing error that led to an official photograph of her and her three children being recalled"

Telegraph:

I want my country back, says Lee Anderson as he becomes first Reform UK MP

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

EDIT: David Squires:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 12, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on toxic emissions from the Tories – The Conservative party is coming under pressure from Labour to return gifts from its biggest donor"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak announces new gas power stations to ease risk of blackouts

Matt:

Vets to be investigated amid ‘multiple concerns’ of overcharging

Times:

Evening Standard:

Giant redwoods 'thriving in UK after Victorian introduction'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak facing pressure to return Frank Hester’s £10m donation – The Tory party donor has been accused racism over his comments about Diane Abbott"

Telegraph:

Biden and Trump to face off in US election rematch

Matt:

Independent:

UK's Conservatives say the party's biggest donor made racist comments, but they will keep his money

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cheltenham Festival 2024: Race card, results, winners, schedule, weather and latest odds today

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on rumours of Boris Johnson’s return – The former prime minister is expected to campaign in ‘red wall’ seats in the forthcoming general election"

Telegraph:

Shapps calls for defence spend increase in a ‘more dangerous world’

Matt:

Putin rigs Russian election with ‘menu of manipulation’

Independent:

Michael Gove names groups under consideration for ‘extremism’ ban

Times:

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Not sure I understand why Richard Osman & Brian Blessed are standing at the door with Priti Patel. Or why Osman is wearing a wig

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Excuse me that's obviously the lovechild of Patton Oswalt and Wayne Knight.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on cash and the Conservatives – The Tories are coming under increasing pressure to return money to their biggest donor, Frank Hester, after comments widely condemned as racist"

Telegraph:

Russian voters set fire to polling booths and pour ink into ballot boxes

Matt:

Queues build for miles on approach to M25 closure

Independent:

Pressure on Keir Starmer as Angela Rayner says she wants Diane Abbott back as Labour MP After Manet.

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak in the dustbin of incompetence – The prime minister is up to his neck in the muckheap of Frank Hester’s donations and much, much more"

Sunday Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt promises pensioners he will not let them down on major tax change; Right-wing Tory MPs want Mordaunt to oust Sunak

Matt:

"The NHS prefers electric ambulances to saving your life" :derp:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Russians are forced to vote from their BED by officials as Putin tries to make his re-election seem legitimate with high turnout: One woman stages brave protest, while couple keen to cast their ballot come straight from their wedding

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Russia’s election – Vladimir Putin is poised to tighten his grip on power with an expected landslide victory in the continuing presidential poll"

Telegraph:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tories downplay ‘plot’ to replace Rishi Sunak with Penny Mordaunt

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Vladimir Putin’s landslide victory in the Russian election – Russia’s president won a reported 87% of the vote, according to exit polls"

Telegraph:

Matt:

UK residents travelling to Dignitas falls to 12-year low over cost of assisted dying clinic

Times:

The Conservative Party is united, insists Rishi Sunak; Kemi Badenoch says racism row over Tory donor Frank Hester is ‘trivia’

Evening Standard:

Finsbury Park mural: Banksy confirms he is behind north London tree street art

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Banksy, Rishi Sunak and restrictions on climate protest – The court of appeal has removed the ‘consent’ defence, relied on by environmental campaigners since 1971" Banksy confirms north London tree mural is his work

Telegraph:

Britain faces 1979 moment, says Rachel Reeves

Matt:

Ewan McGregor says he was given intimacy coordinator for sex scenes with his wife :latestfad:

Times:

Rebel peers ‘trying to ensure Rwanda migrant scheme won’t work’

Evening Standard:

Inflation falls at fastest rate in 50 years putting Bank of England's 2% target within reach; Palace source hopes Kate farm shop video will end conspiracy theories - as aides plan her official return

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on conspiracy theories around the Princess of Wales – Catherine’s health has sparked a frenzy of speculation"

Telegraph:

HMRC to close phone lines for six months every year

Matt:

After Waitrose Duchy Organic.

Independent:

Leo Varadkar to step down as Taoiseach and quits as Fine Gael party leader

Times:

UK inflation falls to 3.4% as Bank of England mulls interest rate cut

Evening Standard:

London's £2,000-a-year council tax bombshell as average bill passes landmark in almost half of boroughs

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s continuing frustrations with the Rwanda bill – After seven defeats in the Lords, the PM’s signal asylum bill has reached a stalemate until at least Easter"

Telegraph:

Bank of England faces backlash for being ‘overly cautious’ on rates

Matt:

Government considering compensation for women hit by state pension age change; Garrick Club membership revealed for first time – with the King among ranks

Independent:

Waspi campaigners demand action as politicians avoid compensation commitment

Times:

"Six questions Rachel Reeves must answer on Labour’s economy plan"

Evening Standard:

England kit: Keir Starmer urges Nike to change St George's Cross flag design

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Sarah Akinterinwa on James Cleverly’s expensive Rwanda flight – It cost £165,000 for the home secretary to hire a private jet to make a flight to Kigali to sign the government’s deportation deal"

Telegraph:

Sir Keir Starmer leads calls for Nike to change St George’s Cross on England kit back to red

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Times:

Israel-Gaza latest: Russia and China veto US call for immediate ceasefire

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak ‘bounces back’ – Enter the prime minister on a deflating space hopper, unaffected by the cost of living crisis"

Sunday Telegraph:

"Sunak should prepare for another disaster"

Sunday Times:

Damien Hirst works dated as from the Nineties were made in 2017

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Putin and the Crocus city hall attack in Moscow – Islamic State claims responsibility for the atrocity, but the president has other ideas about who could be targeted for the blame"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt says £100,000 a year is ‘not huge’ for people in his constituency

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cyber security agency says China behind ‘malicious’ cyber attacks on UK

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Putin and the Moscow terror suspects – There is growing evidence that a branch of Islamic State was responsible for the concert hall attack, but the Russian leader prefers to link it to Ukraine"

Telegraph:

UK and US expose global Chinese hacking plot

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Susan Hall plays nice and stays quiet about Conservatives in new video

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the trouble with Baby Bibi – The Israeil prime minister has hit back at the UN security council after it demanded an immediate ceasefire in Gaza"

Telegraph:

Smart meter customers face time-of-day charging plan

Matt:

Farmer protests: Why Brexit, net zero and red tape has this couple up in arms

Times:

Evening Standard:

Fears over ‘uninvestable’ London stock market as more firms tipped to leave City

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Bit late but you know the Tories are really up the poo poo creek when even Blower is making toons like this.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 27, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on record sewage discharges by England’s water companies – Raw sewage was discharged into rivers and seas for more than 3.6m hours last year, a 105% increase on the previous 12 months"

Telegraph:

Satisfaction with NHS hits lowest level since records began

Matt:

Independent:

The Tories have appointed Jonathan Gullis as deputy chairman and people can't believe it

Times:

Starmer targets Tory psychodrama with swipe at Johnson’s flagship pledge, I guess?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on why Rishi Sunak fears crossing the road – As Labour launches its local election campaign, the PM is taking a roasting over when a general election will be called"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Keir Starmer backs Angela Rayner in council house row – but admits he hasn’t seen her tax advice

Independent:

Boat Race rowers warned to not enter water after E coli discovery

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Something is deeply wrong if the waterways of the UK are contaminated by sewage when the Tories are so full of poo poo.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a bad egg for Rishi Sunak this Easter – Criticism is mounting over the failures of Thames Water and the prime minister’s controversial honours list"

Telegraph:

Thames Water shareholders demand 40pc bill rise after cutting off funding

Independent:

After Fliegende Blätter.

The i paper:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Tory Easter egg clearance sale – Take your pick: the privatised water company gold bunny or the leaking crony creme egg?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

After Leonardo Da Vinci.

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on Easter hunting in Gaza – Palestinians search for US aid among the US bombs dropped simultaneously on the strip"

Telegraph:

How Scotland became an Orwellian nightmare :derp:; Scotland's new hate crime law comes into force. After HM Bateman.

Times:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
gently caress off Blower, you tedious joyless oval office

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the sharp rise in UK household bills – Rates for phone, broadband and water are increasing from 1 April, although energy costs are coming down"

Telegraph:

Erdogan’s party suffers biggest election upset in more than 20 years

Times:

Rishi Sunak faces revolt over plan to criminalise homelessness

Evening Standard:

Tories risk ‘near death experience’ in London with zero MPs, shock poll suggests; Controversial hate crime law comes into effect

Bonus! Prospect magazine:

And a possible avatar for someone:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Benjamin Netanyahu, on top of the world – The Israeli prime minister is facing intensifying calls for his country to respect international law as the humanitarian crisis deepens in Gaza"

Telegraph:

Team GB vows to stick with traditional Union flag on 2024 Olympic kit after merchandise backlash

Bonus?! Blower's Twitter:

Germans celebrate new cannabis laws as jails race to free offenders

Times:

What is Scotland’s hate crime law? The 2024 bill explained

Evening Standard:

UK demands ‘transparent explanation’ after deaths of British aid workers in Gaza

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak laughing all the way to the election – The prime minister has a stock response when questioned about the date of the general election"

Telegraph:

How a secret Chinese supercomputer could render Western cyber defences useless

Independent:

"Netanyahu thinks he can do what the hell he wants – we must stop him"

Times:

Evening Standard:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
blue LEDs on the long list of things that make blower angry as he goes about his bitter existence, seems

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Blue LEDs mean that the *checks over both shoulders for blue lights* China people are listening :ssh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on British arms sales to Israel – There is increased scrutiny of UK arms sales to Israel in the wake of the killing of seven aid workers, three of them British, in Gaza this week"

Telegraph:

Poll putting Tories on 98 seats shows ‘real anger’ of public, says Iain Duncan Smith

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

London’s cultural reboot: Sadiq Khan pledges £3 billion creative industries boost

Stephen Collins:

How to get tickets for The Rest is Politics Live Tour in the UK, including price

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the US reaction to Israel’s attack on an aid convoy – President Biden has called for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza and told Benjamin Netanyahu that Israel has to protect civilians"

Telegraph:

Sunak: Rwanda plan ‘more important’ than ECHR membership

The i paper:

Times:

Consultants end pay dispute with government in England

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Chris Riddell on the spectre of famine haunting Gaza – Israel claims the strikes that killed aid workers from World Central Kitchen were a mistake. But what of those left to starve?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunak being ‘propped up’ by 1922 committee ‘stooges’, claim MPs

Sunday Times:

Honeytrap sext scandal MP William Wragg will keep Tory whip

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on Benjamin Netanyahu, six months into Israel’s war – Despite increasing criticism, both at home and abroad, Netanyahu shows no sign of changing course over Gaza"

Telegraph:

No idea whatsoever! :shrug:

Times:

After Goya.

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak's Adidas Sambas declare the shoe dead in the water. So what's the next cult London trainer?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump and a total eclipse of the sun – A baby balloon of the Republicans’ presidential candidate threatens to plunge the United States into darkness"
Also! An exhibition of some of Jennings's cartoons, as well as some original pieces riffing on Hogarth's A Rake's Progress, will be held at the Coningsby Gallery in London from the 8th to the 20th of July.

Telegraph:

Streeting hits out at ‘middle-class Lefties’ opposed to Labour NHS plans

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Labour plans tax avoidance crackdown to fill ‘non-dom’ gap; Tories ‘chasing a smear’ in questioning Angela Rayner’s taxes, says Keir Starmer

David Squires:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Blower, you have temporarily evaded a "gently caress Off" by making the most unsettling Streeting I have ever seen

Like if a haunted venquilotrist's dummy was made out of warm ham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on politicians tying themselves in knots while the climate crisis intensifies – Record-breaking hot months are stacking up. Meanwhile, British politicians continue to tie each other, and themselves, in knots"

Telegraph:

Cameron warns US over blocked Ukraine aid

Matt:

William Wragg resigns from 1922 committee amid Westminster honeytrap scandal

Times:

David Cameron meets Donald Trump in push for US aid to Ukraine