Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

forkboy84 posted:

To the surprise of nobody, everyone in Mac's idea of heaven is white.
He also hasn't seen a radio since the days of Danny's Tranny in the Topper. (Unless it's one of those Roberts retro jobs.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I immediately have to eat my words -- the three weirdest looking politicians in the public eye drawn by a usually steady hand are looking not good. Good meaning bad.
They look wrong.

I think Chris Riddell's drawing style generally makes people look too sparkly-pretty or child-like/delicate, but Christ...BoJo looks like Ted Kennedy here.
Things to do while I should have been working #317: develop a caricature of Michael Gove.

Progression is left to right. Once it struck me to draw his cheeks as buttocks with his mouth as a distended greasy ringpiece, it came together quite quickly. The hardest part was that my laptop screen was filled with pictures of Michael Gove.

Riddell's style really is too nice for political caricaturing. There's no sense of malice or loathing behind them, just "Here's a sort-of recognisable cartoon of a real person next to a neatly-done object or animal with a big label on it." This kind of work needs a full-on hatred for the subjects to have any real effect.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Should we all have a go on Gove then?
I think drawing grotesque caricatures of repulsive politicians can only help to increase the morale of the British worker.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Is Penguin Thatcher rushing to protect penguin paedos?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Is there a joke here or is this just an illustration of kids taking a test? Is it that the desks are too big and they're sitting on cushions because they're small? That's...weak.

I didn't get what was going on with his Ken Livingston cartoon either so I might be developing Bell-blindness.
It's not so much a joke as a horrible truth: very young children are being made to take the same kind of dull, rote, mechanistic, stressful (they now get categorised as a binary Success/Failure at an early age) Victorian-style tests as much older children - hence their needing boxes to sit on to reach the big desks. It's possibly also a reference to The Wall. A Grim Cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Guavanaut posted:

Nah I think he retired a while back. But they used a crusader knight he drew as part of their Brexit cover without paying him, which is always a point of contention with artists and especially as he's solidly Remain.
Why the gently caress was he working for the Express, then? It's been anti-EU for a very long time.

He can't even have been doing a Giles and just taking their money, because Giles - who was considerably to the left of the paper - rarely got overtly political, while Thomas was constantly parroting the editorial line.