Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Quite shocking that Riddell didn't label the bear. Green shoots of progress or authorial oversight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Paladinus posted:

The ladies in the background are probably watching a silly cat video and gossip.

Or reading British Political Cartoons 2016: He's A Condom, We're All hosed

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian Sport:

That penultimate panel :laugh:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Whereas Cameron's Trident Renewal plan is much like the F-35 :smug:

In keeping with the biplane theme it could be more of an FU-2

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

Before he can get to the Queen, first he must face...

This is amazing!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Cloud Potato posted:

Do people still want Squires's Australian Sport cartoon?

Definitely! Need something to cleanse the palate after Mac.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

nobodyssweetheart posted:

The Rothermere/"Brexshirts" paper in his pocket makes me think he is the owner of the Daily Mail or just a general Daily Mail reader/true believer.
(I'm not savvy enough to know what the real Viscount Rothermere looks like; if indeed he has three rows of teeth. He's probably inbred enough to have three rows of teeth.)

As others have said it's Paul Dacre, though I'm not 100% sure about the specific significance of the teeth. Could be just to emphasise both the Mail and his own personal rabid ferocity, a reference to his legendary foul and abusive mouth (receiving a double or even triple cunting from Dacre is apparently a well-known thing in the Mail offices), or it might be a sly way of insinuating that he is incapable of doing anything other than lying through his teeth.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

The Indie thinks the report has a rosy view?

I think it's supposed to represent her taking off the rose tinted glasses, with the light (of truth) shining through the darkness but the tint on the report itself makes it a little unclear. It's a neat idea, since Saville famously wore specs like that and the metaphor works, but there's something a bit off in the execution

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

Ah yes, that well-known disability of spinal knifida.

:golfclap:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

I've honestly not seen anyone use "Benghazi" to attack Clinton outside of the US politoon thread. Is it ever mentioned in the papers here?

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Dear Mac,
Why aren't you dead yet you hideous old shite?
Yours faithfully
Everybody who has had to read your dreadful cartoons

Is there any particular reason Mac has decided to spend the season of giving, peace on earth and goodwill towards all men directing much of his odious ire towards international aid?

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... Foreign aid and the social care crisis

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

goatface posted:

Riddell really likes huge splashes of one colour.

Perhaps today he was especially rushed - there aren't even any labels!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

This is a fantastic post!

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Mac is such a disingenuous oval office.

British Political Cartoons 2018-The Triumph of Entropy: Mac is such a disengenuous oval office

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

I thought at first that the normal looking gay couple in the right-most photograph was evidence, however meagre, than Mac is being slowly, slightly, stroppily pushed or dragged towards something approaching modern cultural norms. But looking at the other photos more closely it seems like they're all intended to depict imbalanced/"wrong" relationships (old/young, large/small, masculine woman/feminine man).

So, in conclusion, gently caress Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Red Oktober posted:

I think we should keep Mac. He's loving awful, but helps remind us of the kind of commentators (and readers) out there - retreating into a bubble is never a good thing.

Seconding this.