Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Worth noting that they're in the part of hell reserved for traitors. Specifically traitors to political entities (or possibly guests).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU referendum – New plain packs for cigarettes feature gory photographs of diseased organs – but the dire warnings issued by those who want to leave and remain in the EU are even scarier"
I wondered why he'd done them the color of pre-war Luckies, but it turns out that's what they're actually going to look like. When I heard 'plain packaging' I automatically assumed white or brown. Any idea why they're going with olive green?

Apparently they're going to ban slim cigarettes too, and I have no idea why.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Does that mean that British race cars could never go back to being plain and green because they'd be carrying a tobacco advert?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Discendo Vox posted:

As part of an incrementalist attempt to stop nicotine use altogether, ending a more popular category of product would make sense.
Is that actually their end goal? I thought the general consensus was that harm reduction and attacking the most dangerous ways of consuming a drug rather than the drug itself was the way forward now, and that eradication and a 'drug free world' are pipe dreams.

Renfield posted:

It's apparently the least appealing colour they could find
What about UKIP's purple and yellow? That's unappealing even without the association with UKIP.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Europe devours one of her children - Chris Riddell on the issue that is tearing apart the Tory party" After Goya.
Surely by this point it's 'after about two dozen other newspaper cartoons that thought they were being clever.'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Paladinus posted:

You mean bi9h and vofity aren't real genders?
I'd like to think that Adams went on tumblr and found bi9h, vofity, trauin, pine, aviry, and tinda somewhere.

It takes away from the reality that he's a spiteful poo poo who thinks it's all made up.

Which under some readings of gender theory it is, in a manner of speaking. Still, gently caress him.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Now they just need to put the warning message in a big red circle on the front and back to get people's attention.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Mac hasn't ever seen an actual woman before, right? I mean an actual alive real human person walking around kind of woman, he drafts these characters based on hearsay and tales passed down through the generations.
You mean other than the obvious confidence trickster posing as a sex worker who stole all his holiday money the one time that he went to Europe, which is why he now hates foreigners?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So hyped for every single political cartoon being this.

Mac's will be a big breasted woman devouring an ethnic stereotype.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC ON... Immigration points system

I'd actually visit if their border control was that chill.

Oh, wait, "12 pints and you're in." It's a no-Muslims thing. gently caress off, Mac.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
At first reading I just thought it was an Australians are drunks joke. Then Australians are drunks and their officials are easy to bribe.

Looking at the worried looking stereotypical Islamic family in the corner though, I wouldn't put it past Mac making a "you have to drink 12 pints to get in, checkmate Muslims" crack.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

J_RBG posted:

The real mindfuck is that Mac is implying the Australian system is somehow lax
Maybe he was sponsored by their tourism board.

If their border control was a bunch of easily bribable drunks I might be inclined to visit.

Like:

If they were immigrating to South Africa then we'd be in business.
:v:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'd like to see Mac's impression of what Jannah looks like.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

What's with the double trigger?

Is it supposed to be a 'whichever way the referendum goes, Cam's hosed for proposing it to try and calm the skeptic side" thing?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Ah poo poo, you're right. The way it's drawn looked a bit like a double trigger like old shotguns, with the rest of the guard covered by his hand. I thought there was a 'clever' metaphor in there.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
loving Brussels making us put labels on everything.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

- or Putin has white hanky in his back pocket because he's gay and into circle jerks (unlikely)
Anything's possible.

- Marseille is on fire or experiencing a localized dust cloud/mist phenomenon
Tear gas.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So did I at first, but on second glance I think it is supposed to be money.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Although depending on how you wanted to read it, it could be 'something to do with internets/social media', both of which have been blamed in lieu of actually looking at difficult things.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Someone please put this in the OP, it's glorious.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nah I think he retired a while back. But they used a crusader knight he drew as part of their Brexit cover without paying him, which is always a point of contention with artists and especially as he's solidly Remain.

They probably owned the copyright for everything he drew during his tenure as political cartoonist there, but it's an expected favor to at least ask if you're going to reuse one in a new campaign or different context. They didn't legally have to, and they obviously didn't, so he's been poking fun at them on Twitter.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What has he done? And why is he playing craps in a roulette wheel?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Squires confirmed for UKMT reader?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
UKMT: the place where it has been posted over and over again more than I've seen anywhere else on the internet in reaction to Brexit

Plus Squires is the most likely cartoonist in the thread to be a goon

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

How this represents antisemitism... no idea. Are there swastikas all over it if you look at it with special glasses?
Yes, specifically putting (((these))) around somebody's name is supposed to indicate that they're part of the Jew World Order of rootless cosmopolitan bolshevists among alt-right and far-right shitheads.

Some Jewish people spotted this and have started going along as a joke.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ofaloaf posted:

What fresh hell is going on with Theresa May's nose?
Freud would be captivated.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
To stop him taking it out of the room and killing innocents because that's what he lusts for.

(I think it's related to Stalin-era imagery where officers were encouraged to kill themselves to avoid shame.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

PhancyPants posted:

So it was the original Wiimote strap.
Wii Golf is better than Imperial Oppression or Lead Conscripts To Their Deaths In A Mud Filled Hellscape.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Most Good Cartoon. Even uses classic propaganda devices to say Corbyn has the masses behind him, even though I guess being the Graun it's supposed to be anti-Momentum.

Were they even going for anything other than 'Arrogant Eagle tries to take on the masses' here? Just needs "We've Got Your Back" underneath.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Let's all remember that this existed in 2015

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
British Political Cartoons 2016: jokes banned by 2016, sex banned by 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe it's a reference to McDonalds killing a lot of people in general.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mr. Squishy posted:

Assuming the artist is sane
This is probably slightly more likely than in the general politoons thread, but it's not something I'd put my wages on.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fans posted:

The Times seems to have confused Hillary Clinton with a Ventriloquist doll come to life to murder.
Maybe they're Sanders supporters.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

though if we want to deflate our british superiority nowaways we can just think of the number "52%" I guess
The same percentage of South Africans that voted to become a republic, shedding the chains of monarchy and immediately setting up a system of racial segregation that lasted until the 90s.

Referenda! :toot:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

On twitter, Rowson admitted the cartoon "mystifies even me a bit. One of those that seemed a good idea when I started..." but then got back to arguing with people who said it was sexist/pro-eugenics somehow.
Eugenics isn't an explicitly bad thing in an of itself. Involuntary euthanasia of the genetically infirm is an extreme, but I don't see the problem with having a strong social taboo against having children with your first cousins for multiple generations until the chin gene completely disappears.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
:vince: the pig.

(Also gently caress off Mac)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac going for the week long "lol these proles aping their betters"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pilchenstein posted:

Is there anyone working class on that list?
Sam Cam's hairdresser stylist, which I think all of these cartoons are referencing. She probably makes enough to be comfortably middle class though.

Tesseraction posted:

I figured it was Mac briefly aligning with the planets and attacking Cameron for just giving them to anyone he personally benefited from meeting, basically turbo-cronyism, as opposed to proles getting roles.
It's probably both. You can attack Cameron's abuse of peerages without doing "look at Her Imperial Majesty having to look upon this string vested man ape"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mac I think, although he seems to consider cleaners to be some kind of domesticated animal.