Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They missed a trick by not making Corbyn the old father time of year 1970-something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Britain also seemed to be key in getting the Sauds a seat on the UN Human Rights Council

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You should probably go to London, got some nice stuff in it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's actually saying the latter thing, but as a joke. I mean, either way you've got the child abuse element but still.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

"Cancer".

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

As funny as the mermaid plying out immigrant's gold teeth is... not all famous statues are asking for huddled masses, right?
Also, that's a funny Mac, look at that poor whale!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Weird that you assume she's a prostitute mate.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sorry for assuming you were talking about the cartoon you quoted.
e: I'm going to double down and raise an eyebrow at your assumption all the ugly schoolrunners are married.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Boris is more likely to be the next conservative leader than Mogg.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mac and the Daily Mail actually hold a blistering hatred for people richer than them (her maj excepted) but it always surprises people here because they also hold hatred for people poorer than them. When gas companies were in the news there were a few popped eyeballs here at a Mac toon of e-on board members debating whether they should jack off onto £50 notes or just gold bullion.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Oh my god, that Times.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Indie thinks the report has a rosy view?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The git pixie is a great name for Gove.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

nobodyssweetheart posted:

shine on, git pixie.

(why is gideon eating a facebook f?)

Facebook's coming to terms with paying tax, scrapping a weird thing where they routed profits through Ireland to take advantage of their lower corporate tax. Of course this is a PR decision on their part, rather than any enforcement by HMRC, and (possibly) a dirt cheap one to boot, so it's a thin little bone tossed to the Chancellor like a dog.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A full sweep of people believing an anonymously sourced celeb story from The Sun.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Surprisingly rough neighbourhood for Billy Bunter.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hypha posted:

Why is this man's nose a bum?

E: Oh, that is unfortunate looking...what he do to get a bum nose?

Inbreeding.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's a pug-person.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Buddy you're meme-sick.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

While it's not a good-looking or particularly smart cartoon, I would like to hang out with that lady.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sharks here representing... journalists? the electorate?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Congrats on turning cartwheels in anger over the message "Dave's a toff."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Thomas is really into tattoos!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm not sure even being American excuses thinking Bell's too subtle.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian Sport:

His description of that mascot is the thing I've laughed at most in... months?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sticking it to judges and our libel laws is not worthy of a gently caress you. I mean, it's not a good cartoon but hey ho.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Europe devours one of her children - Chris Riddell on the issue that is tearing apart the Tory party" After Goya.

In what way is the Tory party the son of Europe?

Guavanaut posted:

Surely by this point it's 'after about two dozen other newspaper cartoons that thought they were being clever.'

Though it's hack as gently caress nobody thinks they're being clever by mimicking Goya, the guy's not obscure.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Eddie McGuire said they should use him to promote a production of King Kong, apparently.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

So who's the guy smiling ignorantly at the horrified looks in the last panel? I'm guessing not Goodes given the complexion.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

We might get lucky and have a terrorist attack or something else to relieve the monotony but we're into the Purdah period which prevents the government from making last-minute announcements to make us all happy to be in the EU.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

J_RBG posted:

The real mindfuck is that Mac is implying the Australian system is somehow lax

Mac claiming his title as "political cartoonist least interested in news"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

1) you called him "Der TrumphenReich"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm lost.

What I know is:
- At a ENG vs RUS football game, the Russian fans charged the stands with fireworks and MMA gloves starting a riot/mob brawl
- Who everyone is. And they're shirtless and gross.

Mysterious:
- Is there some Brexit vs. Putin angle I missed? Why are Gove and Boris sheepishly drinking? Scared of Putin?
- Everyone's pockets (?) are turned out and there's money(?) on the ground, which Cameron likes (?) or he's grabbing it(?) or dropping more (?)
- or Putin has white hanky in his back pocket because he's gay and into circle jerks (unlikely)
- Marseille is on fire or experiencing a localized dust cloud/mist phenomenon

It's a rumour that Putin is pro-Brexit. He's not said anything publicly but he's opposed to the EU and there has been a little suspicion about Russian money in the Leave campaign. This has been reciprocated in a small way by Boris backing Russia over Ukraine. So it's calling the Leave guys hypocrites for supposedly being nationalistic but quite happy to kowtow to foreigners when it suits them, by having them sidling away with their backs turned. It's also showing Dave as a political lightweight who can posture all he wants but doesn't have the muscle to do anything. It's broken glass on the ground, the dust is tear-gas, haven't a clue about the pocket-lining, I guess it's some football code about being DTF.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on...Time for Britain to be bold and go for Brexit on Thursday

This is flatout insane.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, he should have taken the shilling of one of the many lefty papers in need of a political cartoonist.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I do not get that Collins. Probably missing some deep thought. I do like the suicidal Cameron in the I though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

edit: christ. The frames on panels 6 and 12 are meant to mimic the frames of the comic. What national cartooning awards are available in Britain?

Not sure that's right, if that was the point he'd colour the gutters black or even just outline the panels. They're definitely meant to resemble nets though.

It's curious how some cartoons have Nigel Farage as the Brexit "star" and some have Boris.

Nigel before the vote; Boris after?

During the campaign, Farage was the most interesting thing going, you never knew what the racist would say next. The Breaking Point poster was all him for instance. Now that it's over, he's not got a lot to do. He's one of the few politicians who doesn't have a leadership challenge to worry about, and until he starts agitating for us to fire article 50, we won't be hearing from him. "Smug man still happy" is not news.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Scarfe also did the cover for the Sunday Times' magazine (I think)

Can anyone remember which side they backed?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

100% Arse is good.
e: just noticed the little kid with face-tats to his left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

UKMT: the source of that KC Green comic.