Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Redeye Flight posted:

I said this in the genpop political cartoons thread first, but for gently caress's sake, Cameron, you can't even get one of the most famous specifically English Parliamentary quotations right. I live in loving America, mate, and it's "In the name of God, Go!"

I don't think he was quoting, that's just how he talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

As much as I hate Adams, that's a good Boris eating poo poo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I presume it's Liam Fox but that's definitely they way they draw Tony's hair.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Mail hates a lot of the same things you do. They've been against the war from the off, donating their centre-fold for a placard-ready protest sign. They also hate immigrants and the poor.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It means that the attempt to change leaders will end with Corbyn winning again making the whole thing a total fuckup.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It did start at a McD's. While I can see how it's not the coverage they'd want it's definitely not libellous. "The shooting started at McDonalds" has been the first sentence of the second paragraph for a lot of coverage and as that's specifically a happy meal pictured it's not looking down on the brand. Assuming the artist is sane and wants to lament dead children, he's using the garbage lunchbox as a symbol of childhood innocence. Still an awful cartoon.
The kid in Tokyo was 26 by the way, for people who get all their news from the Brit politoons thread.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Well it's not a ventriloquist dummy it's just trying to convey "cartoon". I guess the thought is "Trump painted her as a one-note crook, which is correct."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dabir posted:

I guess the Telegraph and the Times can't afford anyone who'll put in some loving effort?

The effort to agree with me, the correct person.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Well, the phrase is reds under the beds. It's a loss of detail but it's a bit of an ask for your Sunday Times reader to identify whoever else counts as prominent Trotskyite.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Huh, Black Forest Gateau? What's wrong with a fruitcake.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This NHS fiasco is driving people into the arms of that demon, Corbyn. I figure the joke structure is incidental or just a thing to hang that message on.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They're just Trump's kids.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Oh, it's definitely the first thing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

For anyone not up on Mail Campaigns, they went quite hard against the commitment to spend 0.7% of GDP on foreign aid. Made it to a debate in parliament, where no MPs spoke in favour of removing it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

In what reality is this reasonable to say?

Polling from Skydata and Survation sez that Corbyn is doing badly against May in the mind of the general public.

TomViolence posted:

Missed a trick not going for "I jam what I jam."

Poor.

You wot?

I really like this one.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Boris and David David want to kill Liam Fox, accurate. Not pictured: them wanting to kill each other, also.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

So he has q problem with Corbyn wanting power but one of the main criticisms of Corbyn from his own side is that he doesn't want power enough? gently caress everything.

I'm not sure what makes you think that's Rowson's criticism in those tweets, or indeed what you understand "power" to mean, but lol.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on...Tory plans to train more British doctors

Mac, you fairweather racist.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Angepain posted:

Is it just me or is Scarfe not particularly good? His one of thatcher being haunted by the Belgrano was pretty badass but I don't remember any cartoons he's done in recent times being the least bit remarkable.

There was the one that depicted Bibi building a wall with ground-up Palestinians as mortar, that made a few headlines.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Angepain posted:

Why the what made a what where?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

He did a series called "The Man Who..." which made flesh middle-class anxieties of doing the right thing by showing extreme examples of what happens when you gently caress it up. For eg, here's the Guardsman who dropped it

As you can see, he killed a horse.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This is a cartoon where I assume I know what it's about but the metaphor itself doesn't make any sense. Also I don't recognize the branding on the limpet.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Imagine feeling like a kid perpetually waking up and finding it's Christmas eve again, but about Brexit.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nothing can beat him being envoy for middle-east peace.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The grim mouser is cute.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

I was thinking "2017: Brexit will continue until country improves" or "2017: Part of this nutritious Brexit" or maybe "2017: Hate and misery, our ambrosia" (from a Squires in October, I think). If anyone's got any better ones, please shout them out.

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on 2016 – A look back at a year of Brexit, Trump, Syria, Putin, Harambe, fake news and Pepe the Frog"

OK so obviously it's a parody of Bosch, with a bit of Breugel's the Triumph of Death thrown in, left to right we've got a tent city of refugees, Putin sheltering Assad and also state-doping, a... dancing pie??, celeb death (I spot Pirnce, Ali, Fisher, and Bowie), loving Harambe, Theresa May winning Number 10, Corbyn and his enemies within Labour, Trump and the far-right, a lone-wolf terrorist a mosquito for zika, brexit, King Jong Un developing Nuclear weapons, just a brain bonfire, an enemy of the people, and Pepe playing Pokémon Go.
e: I missed Fake-news pinochio.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 31, 2016

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

2 culturual refs people might miss for this one: the "savaged by a dead sheep" burn, and this being the logo of the Fabians (or maybe not)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The Mail's been on that saw for like a couple of years now, so it might be part of a greater winter campaign they're doing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Comparing the wage-cap idea to Trump seems off by any metric except the old "two things happened" standby.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I dunno, I think you lot are over-estimating how postively the Times views the Iraq war.
e: now.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 22, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's unfair to criticize a Sunday paper for commenting on something "days after the event". Hell, it's hard to ask for novelty in an expression of sorrow.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Those machines are also fiends for selling you the most expensive ticket they can, and I believe it's been proven in law that they're under no obligation to do otherwise.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I can't dig out the old Private Eye that talked about it but Virgin have a few pricing things like that where a ticket to/from a large city costs more than the same journey from a small town further away from the destination. And they view buying the latter ticket as fraud, referring people to the police if they think they spot you.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 2, 2017

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

**Gooey Leadership**

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Angepain posted:

Did he give a reason? Perhaps it's a deep principled discomfort with the ideological stance of the paper not enough money

e: one of the Twitter comments seems to imply he's heading to the Evening Standard. Haven't Londoners suffered enough?

Probably got sacked or took voluntary redundancy. It's a dying industry!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, it's gonna rule when we get all our news from Buzzfeed.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is one of those utensils a Fasces?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Privatisation gobstoppers? Uh

There's also Tuition Fee Bonbons so I guess an absence of something can be a sweet.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's a good metaphor because it's toxic yet intangible. They've been promising to let 10k people in every election since 2007, and it's never ever going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is Collins referring to the Osama bin Laden speech about people preferring a strong horse?