Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They're definitely the bowler hats of the ulstermen.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is Bob just straight-up complementing Corbyn? :psyduck: I can't read it any other way than glowing praise.

It's saying he's got two contradictory opinions on Brexit and it's going to be a mess. You should try playing tennis w/ two racquets one time, it doesn't make you twice as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I don't mind the white cliffs because it's such a perfect metaphor - a nationalistic, isolationist symbolthat we kill ourselves over. It's like complaining that Theresa May shows up a lot.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm stupid, what's the metaphor here? Is it just saying Trump's a liar, or he's not getting anything done, or what?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Possibly of interest: Radio 4 got Osborne and Rowson together.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

Who's the guy stabbing the tyre?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mac and whoever draws for the Torygraph (Blower?) singing from the same songsheet.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I read it as a joke that the policeman and the barrister are both worried because they have been touching sheep in their spare time, a rare good Mac. Knowing Mac it's probably just minimizing sexual harassment though.

The hook of the news article was "sheep recognize famous people" and it's not too much of a stretch to say that the 1st thing you associate famous people with at the moment is sexual harassment.

I'm very upset at this fuckable beetle.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The loving Ashes thrown in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

I'm still not sure who we're supposed to empathize with in that Mac, he's almost certainly part of the "remember when cricket audiences sat and clapped politely instead of drinking beer and yelling chants like thugs and all the players werewore whites?" team, but lying to your wife is always good in Macworld.

Sometimes Mac depicts rogues he doesn't absolutely despise.

Blower is against bees and elephants.
... looking at it closely, is this not a vicious crop of the full cartoon? Look at the top left corner, those have to be tails of gs or ys, right?

forkboy84 posted:

Matt is amazing, the closest we have to those terrible New Yorker cartoonists.

When... was it Paul Osborne? jumped ship from the Telegraph in protest about not being allowed to write mean stories about HSBC by the ad department, Matt turned in this cartoon alone, so they could run it or have a gap.