Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
Camden market is a tourist trap that should be avoided at all costs IMO. Unless you're into that kind of stuff.

Go to the Tates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
apparently martin rowson is leaving twitter because of abuse he's received over corbyn cartoons

from his twitter:

quote:

Actually I think I’m done here. I’m increasingly dismayed by the rancour accruing on all sides, even tho insults are my business.

It’s also my business to pillory the powerful and those aspiring to power, which is my entire beef with Corbyn & the Corbynites.

I was rather enthusiastic about yer man last year, & in depicting him I was certainly far more generous than to any other of my subjects, or than almost all my colleagues.

And yet, even then, I was attacked for being a vile Blairite, it seems for the blasphemy of even depicting Corbyn. That had a deeply alienating effect, like many of the other tactics deployed all round.

I’ve been trying to explain that here & elsewhere, but actually there seems to be absolutely no point. We seem to have collapsed into a kind of rebarbative uiversal solipsism, & social media is massively culpable. I think people don’t understand that this endless stream of opinion is not just in their heads, but published forever.

Well, I’ve had fun ranting for the last few years, & I hope you’ve found it amusing, but I can feel my soul withering within me each time I enter another dialogue of the deaf.

And, to be honest, my colleague &, I thought, my friend @BellBelltoons telling me publicly to gently caress off is too much. If that’s banter, the hell with it.

This place diminishes us all, so I’m off. I might still post the occasional link, but all in all I’ll stick to the drawing from here on in.

It’s been fun, folks, but whatever it’s been, it hasn’t been real. Ciao. Mxxx