Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Guavanaut posted:

Right wing press is mad that British soldier who admitted war crimes under the Geneva Conventions (and later acts) can't be bought out of legal consequences, therefore all of Are Troops will have to take lawyers into combat in future. A Bad Cartoon.

As in he's literally on record for saying "I just broke the Geneva convention, heh" after shooting a wounded captive execution style, and he fully admitted to it thinking it's fine.

It's pc gone mad, can't even execute captives anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Brian manages to be a complete poo poo as always.

Strong Britain helps protect all those weak foreignerswith 150 troops as part of a nato deployment and they are being ungrateful to us! They'll come back crawling for our thin red line o'heroes soon enough!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Imo the Torygraph one was better with it's talk of UK crushing the EU if Britain doesn't like the deal. Certainly cartoonish enough.

e: might have been the express or something, can't find it on the page

also: "Theresa May stands on the bits of Dover cliffs they tell you not to step on just to have a tantrum at the EU, a good cartoon"

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 18, 2017

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Wait, is that a BoB where Theresa May isn't depicted as perfect angel whom the rest of the world kow-tows to because she's so amazing?

I think he just doesn't like Russia.

Can't blame him but I'm guessing it's for all the wrong reasons in his case.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Corbyn holds a three-line whip for article 50, Bob: "Uhh, how am I going to draw Corbyn today. I know, as a huge europhillic baby!"

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Dabir posted:

hosed up way to talk about beyonce imo

She's kinda baby-ish looking there, even if it's just a nativity-type framing. And I don't want to get into the whole "Bob doesn't like black people very much" thing :colbert:

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 3, 2017

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

forkboy84 posted:

Our Rupert must be dissatisfied.

Horse race narrative.

I mean I'd like to think it's something else, but come on, it's Murdoch we're talking about.

Or he wants some concessions from the government I guess.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 22, 2017

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

There's also the bit where May allegedly decided to hold the election based on some revelation she had walking around in (IIRC Welsh) fields.

That is what she actually said, not a joke.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Is it really an aircraft carrier when it doesn't have any compatible planes yet, having been built specifically for the f35 :eng99:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Obligatory gently caress off Paul

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Peak centrism.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Oh that dastardly Labour! Actually trying to care about climate change, what a preposterous idea!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Nice opposite_of_reality.jpg from the Torygraph right there.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

forkboy84 posted:

Bob finally realising Britain isn't Great is surprisingly right for him.

I think he's saying "Britain would be great if not for this bollocks". Granted that's still something.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The tabloids just want to see if they can get rid of Williamson, it's all a game for them.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Reveilled posted:

I've always kind of wondered how readable islamic calligraphy actually is. Like, can your average reader of Arabic look at that and immediately grok what the writing is, or do you have to stare at it for five minutes while you puzzle it out.

I'm not that good at arabic so hard to say how representative it is, but for me it's definitely the latter even if I can read Arabic normally fine (that said it's a normal alphabet, nothing like chinese or even the korean/japanese syllabic characters, it's about as difficult as reading cursive english text).

e: Though that's a particularly bad example, I've seen calligraphy that's perfectly legible - usually the spiral kind, which is effectively the same thing as a spiralling cursive latin character text.

e2: Basically think something like this (gets points as an example for the religious theme too):

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 7, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Angepain posted:

The hell is bob on about

No True Conservative Would Wear A Nanny State MASK!!

He's oddly fixated on hating.them.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Anyone know what Matt is on about this time?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Oh my that Telegraph take.

If there's one thing Starmer doesn't indulge on it's identity politics.

Well okay it's not the only thing, but "even more cops than Tories to deal with race-related protests" doesn't scream id-pol to me.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 8, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Fair play to Matt there.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

gently caress off Matt and Mac.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

gently caress off Davey you oval office.

Also DEBT;.

Were there some news about the national debt that the telegraph is banging on that particular drum again?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Most ot the recent ones have been by dawey, blower might be hateful but he's at least somewhat competent sometimes.

e.g:

Or maybe it's just room stills.

To be fair bob was the one better at drawing of the two.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 18, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

That was Bob, telegraph has 2 cartoonists. Also they replaced him with Davey who is less offensive but also arguably fair bit less talented.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 23, 2021

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

If anyone cares to be curious, the Torygraph's problem with Chelsea Garden Show this year was that it was too woke.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

PT6A posted:

I'm going to regret asking this, I'm certain, but: how does a Garden Show become "too woke?" In what way can a garden be woke or unwoke? What on earth could "woke" possibly mean in the context of judging gardens?

Many of the gardens were dedicated to charities and some incorporated a logo or concept of the charity in its design. Also, the telegraph reckons, this lead to a more naturalistic/botanic style of the gardens as opposed to the palace-style "champagne" gardens of the past.

e: You did ask.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 23, 2023

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

All these tax changes being so dramatic seem pretty weird to me considering I always seem to be taking home the same loving amount year on year, inflation considered.

Oh they'll have little impact on you.

But this, oh baby:

quote:

Mr Hunt also confirmed that a tax break for companies that invest in new equipment would be made permanent, which he claimed was the "biggest business tax cut in modern history".

That's gonna pad so many property portfolios.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I still don't get it.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

PT6A posted:

Marvelous, Blower, you oval office. "I've done Xi and Putin and Kim and Khamenei, let's jam a couple of indistinct Black guys in there."

I assume those were supposed to be the Sudanese civil war leaders, Hemedti and al-Burhan.

Not sure it's super accurate though, or that they wouldn't be immediately killing each other.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Piss the actual gently caress right off Blower, Jesus.

It's funny because he almost has an actual point, but he picks the one policy which most everyone thinks is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Bit late but you know the Tories are really up the poo poo creek when even Blower is making toons like this.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 27, 2024