Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Every now and then I see an actual competent joke in Mac cartoons and wonder if he's quietly being ghostwritten by a younger rightwing poo poo, but no way anyone under the age of 60 would look at that steaming poo poo up there and decide to hand it in to the editors

gently caress off mac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Inside Donald Trump's head - Chris Riddell on the Republican presidential nominee’s health jibes at Hillary Clinton"

Never saw Riddell as a phrenology guy

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I have no idea what that Mac is on about. Did Jez punch a dude?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I remember being worried for a while that the days of Michael Gove Battles The Aliens was over and Collins was happily setting into a rut of inanimate objects with quirky personalities but luckily that didn't end up happening. Political Collins can do no wrong.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Is it just me or is Scarfe not particularly good? His one of thatcher being haunted by the Belgrano was pretty badass but I don't remember any cartoons he's done in recent times being the least bit remarkable.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

I just got why the bag made a whirring sound haha

Why the what made a what where?

E: oh right there, still haven't figured it out myself though

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Hmm. Picking which of Brookes or Adams is the worst of those three Marmite gags is a tough decision. "Rich in hard brexit" doesn't really make sense, but I think Adams wins for the shoved-in "MAY MITE WILL" and the "100% Constitutional" which from any other cartoonist might be irony rather than blatant sickening cheerleading.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

What does Mac think the biggest crime is that an evil clown could commit? a) having sex with a woman through deception, or b) defiling a man's property by having consensual sexual intercourse with her?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Is it safe? :ohdear:

Szell: Is Brexit safe?
Boris: You're talking to me?
Szell: Is it safe?
Boris: Is what safe?
Boris: I don't know what you mean. I can't tell you something's safe or not, unless I know specifically what you're talking about.
Boris: Tell me what "Brexit" refers to.
Boris: Yes, it's safe, it's very safe, it's so safe you wouldn't believe it.
Boris: No. It's not safe, it's... very dangerous, be careful.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

This is ridiculous even by the Telegraph's standards

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

J_RBG posted:

I think BoB has very specific Oedipal fetishes, and he wishes for nothing more than to crawl back inside his big Conservative mummy with the beautiful feet

to be fair, letting BoB leave the womb in the first place was definitely a bad call

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I think I was so distracted by Paul Thomas and Mac that I didn't notice what an utter poo poo BoB was until recently

gently caress off, BoB

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Okay, I think I missed something. Why is Rowson's May always wearing a giant polomint necklace?

e: millstones?

Angepain fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 31, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

so Bell's really sticking with that clown Theresa for some reason, huh

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

oh thank god this year has some mercy after all

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I like how I had to look up who the hell Morten Morland was because I can't read his signature. My brain had guessed "Milano" and carried on without realising there was for one thing an extra letter hiding in there

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

crispix posted:

Tehehehehehe I'll bet that silly man get nagged and beaten with rolling pin!! :holy:

actual mother in law jokes in tyool 2016. mac is a human time capsule

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

Those are certainly some labels nipples in that indy cartoon

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Yes, those four completely comparable figures, Donald Trump, Marine Le Pen, Bashar loving Assad, and known fellow Communist of Putin Jeremy Corbyn.

e: oh god, guest spot from Pengest Munch guy, Squires I love you

Angepain fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 13, 2016

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i'm pretty sure we had gotten "how to warm up poultry" pretty much down by the 1970s, so given the lack of detail from May and Trump, Corbyn's plan is clearly the best, a good cartoon

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

does this count as a political cartoon

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

theresa may is one wrong gust of wind away from drowning in the gulf between the UK and the EU, a good etc etc

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I see the idea of the state involving itself in any way with what business does at any point is enough to get the Telegraph to do a 180 on the Theresa-worship

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

why does piers morgan still exist

why do people still listen to him

why is he on the tv

why is piers morgan

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Goodness, I had thought I wouldn't see a new Scarfe that I had any kind of reaction to, let alone a positive one. I guess Trump is much more interesting a foil than the recent group of boring politicians.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn will appeal to those who hated Tony Blair, AGC

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

dammit Chris how many times must you make that one cartoon

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Insightful. Incisive.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

so is the joke that nicola has a penis or is that my bad for assuming this guy actually thought about his cartoon at all

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I like this one. I assume it's supposed to be a pastiche

How can you possibly be on this forum for this long and still have enough faith in humanity left to believe this

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Turns out there's a secret 30-day return ticket that I can only get by specifically asking the people at the station for and also I have to get it to a few stations past where I'm going for some drat reason, I know this only because one of the staff told me about it. I don't know what I did to get access to this secret train knowledge but I assume in ten years he'll come to my door asking me to kill someone in return for the £4.75 per round trip I saved.

Although at uni my (German) lecturer in multivariate analysis specifically used the price of rail travel between places as a helpful example of a measure that did not remotely obey the standard Euclidean axioms of distance between points, so at least the trains here are educational

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Did he give a reason? Perhaps it's a deep principled discomfort with the ideological stance of the paper not enough money

e: one of the Twitter comments seems to imply he's heading to the Evening Standard. Haven't Londoners suffered enough?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Poor ickle Philip Hammond :'(

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

mac you do realise divorce is legal these days right

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Steve Bell has always had a very precarious balance on the line between running gags and just plain rehashing old jokes. I'm sure running off the white cliff has been used a few times by other cartoonists though, so it might just be the Symbol For Brexit established by a secret meeting of the british cartoonist cabal.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I know Adams just wanted to take what could be the last chance to draw bigmouth blow-up-doll Diane again, but I can't help but suspect there may well be contingency measures in place if a high-ranking member of the government is too ill to fulfil their duties.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

AnEndcat posted:

I wonder what she's thinking now?

She's in the foetal position just behind the door to number 10 muttering "strong and stable, strong and stable" to herself

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

that mac toon :allears:

yes it's not the results he's mad at it's just all the analysis of them, yes sure thing Stan

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

CORBS
IS A
BOY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Ewan posted:

Can anyone explain the Bell giant pants one?

It's a callback to Bell's caricature of John Major:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/If..._(comic) posted:

John Major, who began appearing with underpants on the outside of the trousers of his suit, when it was claimed that he tucked his shirt into them. Bell referred to this as "the badge of an essentially crap Superman". (Ironically, this report turned out to have been false, having been made up by Alastair Campbell during his late days on the Daily Mirror[1]. Nevertheless, it fitted popular perceptions of Major's naive suburban incompetence so well that many people today still believe it to be true.)

(from 1994)