Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That first panel is incredible. I'm pretty sure that legs don't work like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Can political cartoonists lazily rip off Pokemon or Adventure Time next, something modern to make a change from lazily ripping off classical pieces.

Maybe have Angela Merkel as Goku throwing an energy ball with DEBT written on it, I don't know.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 18, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

A good Indie as well. A good day for cartoons.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

This loving thing again. And again, and again, and ad infinitum nauseum. "WHY SHOULD WE GIVE MONEY OTHER PEOPLE WHEN NOT ENOUGH MONEY US?!"
And most of the money DOES go to British firms, so he's completely full of poo poo as well as a total oval office.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh, sure. But this is the point he was making:

Guavanaut posted:

Unfortunately a lot of people hate foreign aid simply because they think it means that foreigns roll around all day in their taxes, and so would be against any form of reform at all.

which is a whole other kettle of fish to a potentially okay system being corrupt. Mac is just a oval office.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't know what to think anymore. :psyduck: It's like when someone becomes a born-again Christian super hard, but completely the opposite direction.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bloody hell, warn me in future before you post things like condomhorse. :psyduck:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Though it's hack as gently caress nobody thinks they're being clever by mimicking Goya, the guy's not obscure.
Political cartoonists are basically the same as teenagers doing mashups of Steven Universe and Pokémon, but with classical art.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like that Adams had to obscure all the options because he doesn't actually know anything about gender identity and couldn't be bothered to let a little fact-finding get in the way of an easy idea he could knock out before lunch.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Didn't fancy drawing the rest of the room then, just Photoshop that one panel and call it a day.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"What's topical at the moment?"

"China!"

"Yes, but what about it?"

"China!"

"Right, but what point are you trying to make?"

"China!"

Although to be fair, you can replace China with any word and that would cover you for a vast array of cartoons by a vast array of cartoonists.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Seriously, I have :10bux: spare, who do I go to for a gently caress Off Mac smiley? Any takers?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I also wasn't aware of Trump's tiny shriveled arm.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pilchenstein posted:

Have you been under a rock for the past six months? :v:

I've managed to ignore anything and everything said by Trump these past few months, so pretty much, yes.

Edit: I feel completely justified in this after clicking that link.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Aw, I like Rowson. :( I don't really see anything he draws as being contentious, he just kind of has this wacky apocalyptic hellscape he likes to shove political figures into.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is Chris Riddell just taking the piss now? Like he must be aware of the sheer redundancy of his labels.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

:allears: Nothing brightens my day like a good Squires.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

God, Adams is such a oval office.

The rest are decent though, especially i.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Also because the remoaners are preventing our glorious fuhrer from freeing us from the tyranny of the EU, or something.

Whatever. gently caress off Bob.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Paul Thomas was a godawful political cartoonist, but he's found his muse and by god I'm going to do my part to let the world know about it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is Adams? I'm not sure if I'd prefer that he's just trolling us or is literally this delusional.

Mac, on the other hand, is just an old school newspaper cartoonist; he's found his rut and he'll happily stay there until rigor mortis prevents his withered corpse from drawing more golliwogs.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 18, 2016

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Does Adams see the world in Pyrovision? What the hell is happening inside his head?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Times Cartoonist: "there's a joke in here somewhere, I'm sure of it. I'll just annotate it for now and work it out later."

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

Huh, I never knew Theresa May was part of the Thieves Guild.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

37 pages seems premature for a new thread to me, but it definitely needs a new name.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have no idea what that Bell toon is about.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I suspected that, but he doesn't look much like a nesting doll to me, more like a series of Trump-themed mugs with the handle missing.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Wow, that Trump is a Toilet thing has really taken off huh. :stare:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What the actual gently caress is this.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I mean, as a visual piece, there is nothing about it that isn't completely terrible.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

'Ironmongers'?

Mac is literally stuck in a quantum time loop where he is at once in the present and 60 years in the past.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Boy, that Tribune one is a bit tortured.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is it actually fraud if the ticket covers the journey that you undertake?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Eat poo poo forever, Mac.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

"Yeah, man". :airquote:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is Bob just straight-up complementing Corbyn? :psyduck: I can't read it any other way than glowing praise.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yessssssss, cry for me Mac. :unsmigghh:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It's weird to see Mac trying to do actual political satire for a change.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I like that Times, it's an easy joke but it still got a laugh out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

drat, that Telegraph is quite something.