Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Paladinus posted:

It's okay. The lonely dad is also ugly.

Come to think of it, I can't remember Mac ever drawing a particularly handsome man.

Phwoaaaaaaaaar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Angepain posted:

fill in the blank to describe a group of people who the Telegraph want to see suffer:

______ERS

Labour Voters

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm American so please forgive me when I ask, "why is Jeremy Corbyn bad?"

If Bernie Sanders gets a nomination you'll find out.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Mac's Pugsey looks like the ending of a particular gruesome horror film where he's about to try commit suicide to avoid the creature that waits in the blackness of space and find his gun is empty.

The reveal for what lives in the blackness of space that does terrible things to Children in Need probably wouldn't be that compelling a mystery if it's set in the BBC though. A Good (If horrifying) Cartoon.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Independant's got it wrong. He'd definitely behead the queen first.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pesky Splinter posted:

Before he can get to the Queen, first he must face...

:golfclap:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Pesky Splinter posted:

Give us this thread our daily Goves. :allears:

And that's a wonderfully horrifying transformation into Blair;

Either an excellent avatar or a guest star in one of your nightmares soon.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Tesseraction posted:

The bleeding boy seems a little like Cameron, but frankly who knows with political cartoonists. The fact he's bleeding suggests some reference, though.

Kids going to see the teachers for help with a bleeding nose is a common school thing.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Hypha posted:

Why is this man's nose a bum?

Because his nose looks like a bum.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cliff Racer posted:

So British people call it Cobra too? Or is the jar full of Cobras just a generic thing you wouldn't want?

The strips set in a Ronnie Corbett sketch where a shopkeeper keeps misunderstanding what the customers saying and gets them similar sounding items.

A load of Corbas = A load of cobblers (British slang for Bullshit)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

ro5s posted:

Does the fur cup keep showing up just because it sounds like fuckup, or is there something more to it?

The first. It's a very large fur cup that follows Osborne around. Sometimes even a massive fur cup.

No Growth Sloth this time though. I hope the Growth Sloth is okay.

Fans fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 1, 2016

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cliff Racer posted:

So the gibber kit and unravelling budgies mean what then?

Unraveling Budgies is a reference to the Unraveling Budget.

The Gibbet Kit I don't think is a play on words. A gibbet's one of these, presumably to go with the hangsman rope and it's "Do it yourself" in reference to how Osborne is destroying his own chance of a career.

But it might also be a pun I just didn't get.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

That's both excellent and terrifying.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Tiny Gove Boat is adorable and I'm not okay with that.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Is there a joke here or is this just an illustration of kids taking a test? Is it that the desks are too big and they're sitting on cushions because they're small? That's...weak.

It's a pretty common "Sweatshop" style image.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Aren't all cartoonists massive nerds? It's either that or weird as all hell which might be the same thing anyway.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

OwlFancier posted:

But, like, especially the guardian sport, because it's a bunch of nerdy references with also some football in it. I shouldn't be so entertained by something I know next to nothing about.

Agreed. I don't know a thing about football but the Guardian Sport almost makes me want to.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Mr. Squishy posted:

I do not get that Collins. Probably missing some deep thought. I do like the suicidal Cameron in the I though.

It starts in the eyes of one refugee in the poster and ends so distant you can't see anybody anymore.

I guess it's just a call to think about where our perspective was.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

nobodyssweetheart posted:

thumbs up Uncle Sam vs Muslims, Muslims, Muslims

I didn't know Mac had a more talented American sibling. gently caress off Mac's long lost twin.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
The Times seems to have confused Hillary Clinton with a Ventriloquist doll come to life to murder.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Squires is doing the unthinkable and making me almost care about sport.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
No mention of Swansea is allowed without Cyril the Swan. I'm glad this Cartoonist gets it.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I love Squires so much.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Baloogan posted:

why are there so many 'going over a cliff' metaphors?

Theresa May said she wanted a good Brexit deal to avoid the cliff-edge and has then gone about pointing us towards the worst deal we could possibly negotiate without just not bothering at all.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Here's a few from across the world because I'm laughing hard. Don't ask which papers, I've no idea.

Jos Collignon

Tom Janssen

Sabin Nazir

Christo Komarnitski

Joep Bertrams

Arend Van Dam

Fans fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 10, 2017

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Kurtofan posted:

i really hope david squires does one for the resutls.

:agreed:

C'mon Squires don't let us down.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Independant

I love it.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Discendo Vox posted:

Could someone explain the depiction of the DUP/orangemen as a horse?

It's a continuation of the previous comic, where she was riding the DUP horse off into the cornfields.

Our cartoonists like to keep jokes running long past when they make sense, which is why May is always dressed up as a clown in one of them.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Angepain posted:

holy jesus i think this utter bollocks might actually be sincere

I like how even in the fevered dreams of a Brexiteer the Irish Border is still a problem they can't solve.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Rarity posted:

I think it's time we started a gently caress off, Matt meme

We’d be putting more effort into it than he puts into his lovely drawings

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
He must have some loving amazing blackmail material

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

The Tories being unable to get any of those things done makes the Drone the hero of this cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

goatface posted:

May's being hobbled by some generously long chains that she could unlock at any time? This is a problem she could solve whenever she likes but she's using it as a distraction from all the things in the ministerial box? She would be sprinting toward solving all of those problems if it weren't for brexit? She knows that there is only one possibly solution but is refusing to use it?

What is it trying to say?

Until she does Brexit she can't do anything else and she has the power to do a form of Brexit at any time.

Which is dumb it's because she's in a minority government she can't do anything, not because of Brexit.