Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

typically British

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Fearless posted:

Is the trend of some artists to depicting the UK PM as a gross looking red thing a reference to anything other than ruddy cheeks?

Better a red-faced blob thing than drawing his ponderous erect-nippled breasts which was the other characteristic obsessed over by the cartoonists in this thread.
That aspect seems to have mercifully faded.

Or he could be the classic "some guy" as Paul Thomas drew him...

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Fearless posted:

One of the things that I appreciate about this thread as opposed to the main one is the generally higher quality of the art-- in all its horrible glory. This cartoon looks, well, American.

I think Paul Thomas was lovely in a distinctly British way.
Bland opinions, Fetish for Royalty/Contempt for Lower Classes, Cluttered drawing style.

His American equivalent would have a not-thought-out opinion (usually "Obama Bad!") and rather than fill up all the white space with their lack of drawing skills, be as lazy as possible -- maybe a guy or a bumpersticker on a single object in a blank void.

Yes, that is supposed to be Cameron and he always drew him with that head. Check the old thread for countless examples. Particularly striking when he has his uncredited "friend" do the head of whatever political figure "Cameron" is interacting with in a completely different line-weight.

(from baka kaba, last thread)

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 5, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

I really hate the mental road this image this is making me go down. "Pinky is looking really bloated here. Wait, his whole body is a condom and he's on a toilet. He's still wearing his trousers and he's strained enough to make his quiff turn into a lightbulb. Christ."

___

O/T: I'm coming to London to do a workshop but my hosts asked me when I wanted to go? It's a couple hours of work and then a lot of free time. Is there anything especially worth doing/seeing in March? (I'm an American from New York and I have been to London before.)

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 6, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Renfield posted:

Camden market, while it's still there, the museums (Natural History and Science - there next door to each other, and British while the Elgin marbles are still here), Tower of London - basically all the Old stuff that you can't find in America

No, we have old stuff in museums. We figured out "stealing from the third world" in the 19th century , too.

I meant more temporal things... a reason to pick March (vs. April vs. May.)

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Mousepractice posted:

March, specifically? Hampstead Heath for the nice view, it's lovely in spring. Soul Train 5th Anniversary Party at the Bussey Building. Ann Christopher drawings at the Royal Academy. The North London Derby.

Maybe March. It's up to me, I have to set my own schedule. I'm being flown in to do some teaching (in London) but they asked me when I want to come.
I was in two years ago and visited all the major galleries, had a train to Leeds mysteriously rerouted to Manchester for no reason and then got rained on a lot. Had those experiences already.

Really, truly... I want to see all the beautiful moments captured in these politoons in real life!

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

If you're serious about combining your trip with political cartoonery, there's The Political Cartoon Gallery & Cafe, although I've not been there myself so can't speak to its splendor.

I was ready to run down there and drop 250 for this Maggie mug but if they can't even spell her husband's name right, they don't deserve my patronage. Hrmph.

I'd rather stake out a pond Boris is likely to fall into, but I probably will load up on used cartoon annuals at a charity shop if I don't make it to
The Political Cartoon Gallery & Cafe (and the fancy looking comic book shop next door in the background of their photo).

He's sort of merging Papa Kim and Baby Kim into a midpoint person here... or just doesn't give a poo poo.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Strange how often people ask/complain why Cameron is a pink condom blob but no one minds Osborne is in a gimp mask, chains, swim fins, and pig tail.

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
Mac on... The dangers of alcohol

'Yes, dear: I think your peppermints are working. I haven't even thought of a drink for two days.'
Mac did this exact premise last(?) year with dumpy husband cavorting with girlies while wife says "He hasn't thought about a cigarette in 36 hours!" Of Mac's crimes, creating clones isn't high on the list...

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

poor Ed Miliband

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cliff Racer posted:

Also Miliband's Osborne had his flippers for like a year now. I think its just part of the gimp costume.

Yeah, he's always had flipper-footed tights, just a Bell-ism for "gimp wear," since 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBcclS6Oxc&t=122s
(it's around the 2 min mark if it doesn't automatically start there)

Since all cartoon versions of G.O. are repulsive (see every post on this page), I've come to accept the hood as what he is supposed to look like.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 10, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Mycroft Holmes posted:

At least it's not a pig

There's a reason he's depicted only from the waist up... :mrapig:

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jan 20, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

American Heinz beans/soup don't come in a can like that, Brookes. You idiot. I call this cartoon void and null. Bad cartoonist!

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Nice labeling. Brand-X Eton. "Other Elite Schools are available..."

I think I hate Brookes more than Mac now.

Who's the geezer in the middle supposed to be? Surely not Mandy...

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 19, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Guavanaut posted:

Not contributing to the overall sum of human suffering?

Paladinus posted:

Shooting out lazy little swimmers? :confused:

No longer capable of mutually-assured nuclear destruction?

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Sluggy Osborne is short a set of horns. I guess, though, being a slug now removes the confusing issue of the flipper-feet.
He's a hermaphrodite and can mate with Spitting Image's version of Kenneth Baker and make more slug-tories.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cliff Racer posted:

Realistically speaking only Bell could pull it off, too. The others are far too lazy to draw a detailed slug like that.

a black-on-black vinyl slug at that... it's all texture and sheen to define the form there. Real skill.

and a bum nose.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cliff Racer posted:

Sigh, they tell a story.

"David Cameron drove in his busted car to St Basil's Cathedral, where he drank tea that wizard Putin had cursed with magic Polonium in that turned him into a cat."

Almost as accurate as the animated Anastasia!"

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

If you're missing Paul Thomas' boring cartoons, he posts boring poo poo on Twitter all the time like this.

I'm disappointed Martin Rowson retweets him but not disappointed that Rowson tweets incoherent political rage multiple times a day.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cecil Parkinson died. Do you think our cartoonists will give a poo poo?

Odds on the next of Thatcher's cabinet to go? We're down to only a couple still left.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Trickjaw posted:

Hoping for Tebbit, but I'll be happy with any of them. Provided they don't shuffle of before nonce charges are brought.

I find it shocking that many of these people who looked undead in their prime are still kicking when major players of Blair's weiner cabinet kicked off while still in/just out of office (of "cancer," sure).

Evil is a preservative? Are they sapping the life force of the children they're diddling?

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 26, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Tony Blair personally doped everyone with polonium. Because he could! THE. PIECES. ALL. FIT.

Oh and that lady in the Mac cartoon is a man in a dress. Because Mac only does ugly wives and hot prostitutes. Nothing else lives in his universe.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Since becoming a slug and no longer needing the back half of his body, Osborne sold his rear end to Danish Nazis. Austerity.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Might be a bit weird for them when they see themselves as fictional characters and their whole reality is called into question.

Sorry ladies.

They live in a Mac cartoon; it's probably a bit of a relief to learn their reality isn't actually real. They're laughing with relief.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Mail:
MAC ON...school's pyjamas policies

ugly wives and hot prostitutes... and the golem in the greek tragedy mask behind the teacher's desk

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Mr. Squishy posted:

Weird that you assume she's a prostitute mate.

The original comment was on the back of this cartoon:

drat my narrow-minded assumption that this isn't a totally voluntary love-match between a dumpy man and his five independant lady friends with giant tits, the sort who may in future enjoy wearing a ruffled merry-widow sans robe to her children's school (aka the group of women who are not "fat ugly wives" in Mac-land).

Weird you assume I'm a "mate." (Unless you said I was assuming the cartoon woman is a "prostitute mate.")

I apologize for being a sexist for generalizing the women Mac draws as sex objects as "prostitutes."

They are slags.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 29, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Why are cartoonists framing this EU stuff as David Cameron vs. Boris? (Not even necessarily "vs," just "b/w" Boris.)

Even more disappointing when, reading the linked article, Bell could have done a poo poo-eyed/vomiting (etc. what he does) caricature of Jacob Rees-Mogg vs. Cam.

I'll count my blessings that it's not another CORBYN BAD SUBMARINE COMMUNIST rally.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Guavanaut posted:

Corbyn would be a bad submarine imo.

how much are the media paying you for that propaganda, sell-out?

**the people's submarine**

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

This whole scene is being hallucinated by the dog and he is barely keeping it together

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

weirdly, they talked about condomCameron (not any specific one) on this week's News Quiz and repeated the Cameron telling Bell to knock it off with "you can only push a condom so far" story.
Short of their own material to include, I guess.

(thrilled for the return of duck-face Gove to cartoons even without wonky eyes)

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Pesky Splinter posted:

I'm quite pleased with Bell's gradual morph of Hunt to a mosquito.

with Klaus Nomi hair, as someone on the other thread noted.

(and your Mertile Kimbat is wonderful, of course)

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 12, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Guavanaut posted:

Nah the Sheik of Wales would have been done for hitting the intruder with a foreign curvy sword, which is very different to hitting an intruder with a British curvy sword.

The Hussar of Wales?

Tesseraction posted:

Look at these motherfuckers putting the Soviet star on that bear just to add to "boooo communism scary" despite the Soyuz being over 2 decades dead.

Who do these bears think they are? Some kind of regular Jeremy Corbyn?
Jeremy Corbyn: Bad Submarine; Worse Bear

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Europe

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on EU renegotiations"
nude rupe.

who's the man-mouse?

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Overminty posted:

The snake is Farage, I'm guessing the person in the middle is IDS and I don't know who's holding Thatcher up.

The Rothermere/"Brexshirts" paper in his pocket makes me think he is the owner of the Daily Mail or just a general Daily Mail reader/true believer.
(I'm not savvy enough to know what the real Viscount Rothermere looks like; if indeed he has three rows of teeth. He's probably inbred enough to have three rows of teeth.)

I confirm that's an IDS. Rowson always gives him a lovely fluffy ring of hair and stilt limbs.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 19, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Niric posted:

As others have said it's Paul Dacre, though I'm not 100% sure about the specific significance of the teeth. Could be just to emphasise both the Mail and his own personal rabid ferocity, a reference to his legendary foul and abusive mouth (receiving a double or even triple cunting from Dacre is apparently a well-known thing in the Mail offices), or it might be a sly way of insinuating that he is incapable of doing anything other than lying through his teeth.

According to Cristina Odone in The Observer, Dacre has a reputation towards underlings of "verbal abuse [and] a drill sergeant's delight in public humiliation"[55] which also includes verbal abuse.[17] According to Nick Davies in his book Flat Earth News[56] his staff call his morning editorial meetings the "Vagina Monologues" because of his habit of calling everybody a "oval office".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Dacre

(An amusing supporting detail in un-encyclopaedological language)

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 19, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

via twitter

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Boris is Trump. Cameron is Trump. Fifa is Trump. All God's children are Trump.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda
Looking back over the last page I can say definitively:
I hate all caricatures of Boris regardless of how well-intentioned and
I love all caricatures of Gove Git Pixie no matter how poorly done.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 29, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Boris's burning ambition - Chris Riddell on Brexit for big hitters"

I immediately have to eat my words -- the three weirdest looking politicians in the public eye drawn by a usually steady hand are looking not good. Good meaning bad.
They look wrong.

I think Chris Riddell's drawing style generally makes people look too sparkly-pretty or child-like/delicate, but Christ...BoJo looks like Ted Kennedy here.

IDS eyebrows on fleek, though.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

At the end of last year, Schrank did all the Repug candidates in the US election bunched up like this. I have to say, his Gove and his Jeb Bush were near identical.

Payndz posted:

Things to do while I should have been working #317: develop a caricature of Michael Gove.

Should we all have a go on Gove then?

meh. could be worse.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 29, 2016