Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
I'm in the USA and I was reading a story about the Richmond Park election, and I read something about "Christian Wolmar, losing his deposit." What kind of election process or thing do you guys have that requires putting down money ? I'm just curious here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Head up anus, vagina, bladder and.... something else connected directly to a pelvic bone :crossarms: :iiam: ? Nitpicking or is May actually a mutant ?

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Kind of odd that "Stasi" was used, as that was the East German secret police guys. I'm a USAer so I have no idea if Corbyn has/had any E. German connections, or it could be Mac is stuck in time somewhere prior to Jan 1992.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

The looks on the faces of the little fur-cups is absolutely hilarious to me for some reason, especially the look of terror on the one Trump is holding (apparently backwards). Pure :wtc: face right there. I guess it comes partially from always seeing them with a happy smile of some degree, but this time they're way into :wtf: land.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Next batch due out soon or is it perma-delayed because the country just exploded into civil war ? I'm part way joking about that but holy crap things seem to be going off the rails over there (I'm in Florida, USA - got an on-coming hurricane to think about personally).

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

chestnut santabag posted:

Oh thanks, that makes much more sense.

Also this, possibly: https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/an+axe+to+grind

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

There has to be a joke or hidden meaning in the fact the flag on the blue boat is operating in direct opposition to the known laws of physics. Something about going backwards ? I dunno :shrug: .

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

In re: latest Martin Rowson - I think this is the most unusual thing I've ever seen that has a Ren & Stimpy reference included. Also the concept of "weapons grade hand sanitizer" is making me laugh a bit.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Good thing for that kid nobody pulled the pin on the WW2 vintage hand grenade.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Culture translation request to USA-ese for "telling porkies" and context on "durham" please, thanks

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

"poses no threat to children" ?

:wtf: :wtc:

Thats just I can't even comprehend levels of stupid...

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Of all things "tech" that Guardian Australian Sport cartoon could pick as an example its the Slashdot logo but reversed ? :shrug:

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Why in the Rowson cartoons does Rishi Sunak apparently have 3 layers of teeth ? 1 upper, tongue and then 2 lower ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Pharyngeal jaw, same as in real life.

So he's a moray eel in disguise ?