Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, I'm gonna see if I can contribute something this year other than just padding my post count.

Rhymes with Orange proves that you can make dad jokes regardless of your gender and orientation. Hilary Price, the creator, is on vacation. Rather than do reruns while on break, like some creators, she lets other cartoonists use her strip. This week's guest cartoonist is Rina Piccolo, also known for Tina's Groove and being the only funny one of the Six Chix.

Buni by Ryan Pagelow is a wordless strip about a cheerful cartoon rabbit, published three times weekly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Because of course he can't just wave hi like a normal human being.

I'm amazed one of them isn't wearing one of those huge stripey Fourth Doctor scarves just to make it absolutely, positively clear that these are geeks, not mere mortals....

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I see the Sunday and daily colorists still aren't speaking to each other.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Wait, his cousin calls him uncle? Is this one of those "I'm My Own Grandpa" things?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

And since I rather liked it when it was posted here...

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

Same. For me he also is the voice of Rip Haywire and the cop from Pros and Cons. Probably others too. I think I just love Patrick Warburton.In the

In the case of Rip's voice, I understand there's a serious schism between the Warburtonians and the Campbellians.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

I'm just wondering how Death manages to whistle.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons with special guest star Jared Fogle

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Sulley, is that you?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slammy posted:

Sick, Sick, Sick (click for big)

Another one that's oddly familiar 50+ years later.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

So why exactly does this comic cut to the painfully bad pre-Huntsman exploits of Marty Feeb on Sundays? Who are these unfunny forest dwellers?

Joel and Rufus, a pair of comedy hicks of the sort who were wildly popular 75 years ago. They often pop in on Sundays to serve as comic relief from the pulse-pounding action that is a typical Gasoline Alley story arc.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

eh, Gilchrist didn't do Lemmy. I think Bowie is safe from getting the weepy Fritzi treatment.

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Spending a week doing "wacky definitions" is lazy enough, but that's not even TRYING. I hate Mike Lester so much.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

(yeah, Buni has a wheelchair dog.)

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Well, for once it's not Out Our Way bringing the horrifyingly casual racism.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slammy posted:

Eisenhower was President.

The references are to Jean Shepherd (or, as modern audiences might know him, "the guy who wrote A Christmas Story") and Nat Hentoff, both of whom were longtime Village Voice contributors.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

Wasn't Tab Hunter the least secretly gay man in Hollywood? Is that the joke?

Well, Liberace would probably fight him for that title.

But I think the joke is that the writer turns out a script on racism that's just a string of cliches ... and Hollywood is still so afraid of controversy that they replace the black character with a blond, blue-eyed all-American type, completely obliterating whatever social message the script might have had.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Green Intern posted:

This is incredibly disappointing to learn.

Yeah. The guy who's writing the biggest environmentalist hero on the comics pages doesn't actually understand one of the most important environmental issues today. What next, Rex Morgan's writer turns out to be an anti-vaxer?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Don't get married, because your wife will turn into a shrieking harridan." -- noted feminist Mike Lester

Buni

Rhymes with orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze continues the tradition of terrible tribute strips.

Oh jesus gently caress. I want to hit Zakour with something heavy more than ever now.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Slammy posted:

No clue.

Uniform and date suggest the American Legion, which has varied over its history from "place for veterans to hang out and shoot the poo poo" to "borderline fascist."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

I thought it was a magnifying glass in the second panel at first but judging by the marks in the third, it's an ice cream scoop. Just say no to self-performed plastic surgery!

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 18, 2016

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

stupid double post.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Howard Beale posted:

Let's check the latest Twitter hilarity from Zakour and Roberts' in-character Twitter account that they totally wouldn't have just used the name for without checking first
https://twitter.com/overworked/status/579270756602810370
Oh.

gently caress that, I want Pushing Daisies back.

Buni

Buni-with-stubble-and-cigarette is actually Buni's dad.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I don't understand this crimestoppers advice. In Australia, taxis have a meter that tells you what your fare is up to the whole time. You can watch it tick up as you travel. How does it work in America that they can somehow cheat you?

All the taxis I've ever taken have meters as well, but then I've only ever taken taxis in New York and Washington. Maybe it's meant to be a warning against dishonest cabbies who might tamper with the meter?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange (now featuring a pro and a con)

Your kids probably won't care. Unless you're in Nancy.

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with The Birds

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

What I recall of Sally Forth in the late 90's was that it was very boring and stupid. It was my morning comics hate read before I learned to love Sal and hate Luann. As far as I know, Ces was not yet writing the strip in the late 90's. My tastes were different then than they are now, so maybe it was great. But I'm pretty sure it was awful.

Imagine the most boring "office gags" strip you can, mashed together with the blandest "family humor" strip. That's basically pre-Ces Sally Forth.

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

• Locked thread