Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

kidcoelacanth posted:

Intelligent Life is a crime against human proportion.

It also looks like he's trying to copy certain styles, or just has a weird selection of references. Like the one dude is straight up Peter Griffin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

What is this strip? Just a bunch of old people sending in one liners that this guy draws as furries? I am Zippy the Pinhead levels of confused about this thing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Was that thing about her controlling everyone with her evil mind powers a joke, because drat, she's laying it on super heavy.

Like, In a year will Rex Morgan have to snap her neck to save a family from her evil powers?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Alterian posted:

I worked as an artist for NECA. That's not how action figures are designed. They don't just give it to whoever to do some doodles. :argh:

So how many Aliens did you have to draw?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Is current Pluggers drawn by the guy who did/does Shoe?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Stultus Maximus posted:

Pluggers and Shoe were created by the late Jeff MacNelly and are both currently drawn by Gary Brookins.

When did he die?

My Local newspaper gets a few complaints every now and then asking to Bring back Shoe, as it got replaced by Wumo. If Pluggers is any indication of what Shoe is now, an unprinted rectangle would be funnier.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
A) he doesn't have to, because his secretaries did it "Just cause."

B) If you take this strip as an evil child using mind control to slowly rule the world, but with the slowest, shittiest plan ever, and Rex is the only person that can sort of fight it, it's almost fascinating. Almost.

C) It's not Pluggers.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Julet Esqu posted:

Pretty gradual. It was the common comedy problem of a joke working too well. Ted broke the fourth wall once and it was pretty funny, so he broke it a few more times and it was funny and now he does it all the time and so does the rest of the family and Hil's friends and it's less funny. Hey, Ces! Breaking the fourth wall and/or being self referential is a sometimes food! It's really good... sometimes!

All that said, I still think Sally Forth is really good. Definitely one of the best American strips today.

The daughter's reliance on "safe places" might also be a way of dealing with the break up. Like she's taking it very poorly and is trying to maintain her composure by doing things "the way they always are." So que Ted breaking his Star Wars tape in half and watching her lose her poo poo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

I thought the Chiefs were still "good," unlike the Redskins.

Also there was a James Elrod Mark Trail tribute in Lio today, but I have no idea how to save that image from the site I checked.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze makes an overdone nerd joke, adds a second punchline, is terrible.

She probably doesn't have Windows 10 because she's on an Apple...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm more surprised he thinks Luann is a good comic.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

Somebody saw the bucket of truth episode of Upright Citizens brigade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's much better then the photocopier that took over Garfield.

• Locked thread