Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Graic Gabtar posted:

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway
Good OP.

I wish I could say I was surprised about the attacks on Jamie Briggs' victim, but I'm not. Disgusted at the entrenched misogyny on display, yes, but not surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Here's another fantastic example I've only just seen on twitter:

That's almost fractally wrong. Not just that they don't get why Briggs got the boot, not just that they want the right to go full idiot on an overseas taxpayer-funded junket, they saw nothing wrong in telling the loving media about it too.
That's been in the public eye since the whole mess started.

What I think is most important about the statement is that LNP members of Parliament think that "Don't sexually assault someone" is an impossible task.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Periphery posted:

If IWC wasn't so buff from going to the gym all the time then people wouldn't be so intimidated by her.
I need to correct this. It was Count Chocula who was afraid of people who went to the gym because they were buff and poo poo, not IWC.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
The first First Dog of the new year. The first of many.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cartoon posted:

Strangely since the end of the cold war, and the communist boogieman, voices from the left have been getting harder, rather than easier to hear.
That was probably more a consequence of the left being vilified and gutted throughout the whole affair while the right was ascendant.

The right has used money and power to buy out/create media machines (Fox News is a good example, as is the Australian) which they have used to drown out opposing messages, or just change the subject whenever a counter-narrative starts to reveal itself. People on the right also have the spare money to fund think tanks and astroturfing organisations to refine and enhance their message. The machine has been built up so much, and is ingrained so deeply now that facts themselves no longer really matter. The USA is a good example of where we'll be in 10 years, and look at the statements by everyone in the republican primaries. I'm not just talking about Trump, but everyone there is throwing out bald faced lies that go unchallenged and uncriticised, and people eat them up.

ANYWAY:

First Dog:

Kitten:

Pictured above: Noelle the kitten, very upset with her haircut.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Australia is too terrible to get kitty pictures today.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mr Chips posted:

The odds of them doing things like that now they've been bought by TPG and support staff ratios reduced are pretty bad.
I dunno. They tripled my cap for free without telling me some time in the last four or five months.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
Hey Amethyst, how about instead of making GBS threads up the thread with a ton of Jerk detected and having yet another meltdown, you walk away from the computer and play some video games or read a book or something to calm down and/or set your mind down paths that are not loving stupid, then go to a GP and get a referral to a psychologist so you can get some help.

With that said, I can now give the thread what it deserves: First Dog on the Moon

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Fun Shoe
First Dog:

• Locked thread