Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

i cannot believe that Chris "dogfucker" Kenny, known fucker of dogs, has carnal knowledge of an animal of the canine variety

now come on, that is not the allegation. is it really such a big deal that chris kenny complimented a dog on its looks, put his arm around it, gave it a kiss on the cheek, slowly began to undress etc. etc.? do we really live in a day and age where reporters can't enjoy some quality one-on-one time with a lovely dog in an informal setting? photographs of the alleged incident show the dog looking perfectly at ease with chris kenny's presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Birb Katter posted:

So Dutton went to send "mad loving witch" about Samantha Maidens Briggs bit to Briggs but sent it to Maiden instead. Dutton is getting lightly smoked on the front page of the tele

this is the man with the final say as to whether refugees are allowed into the country.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

oh no not this again

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Laserface posted:

Theres numerous examples of the roles being reversed and no one batting an eye.

won't someone think of the men!!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hooman posted:

Power disbalances between sexes create a situation in where men feel free to me more sexually aggressive towards women.

Unless you're arguing :biotruths:

he's arguing :biotruths:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

EvilElmo posted:

Greens selling out their core values to expand their vote to the wider public? That'd never happen!

Wonder how long until history is rewritten and GM food production was always a good idea and Green policy!

hey dude how goes the change from within

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

EXAKT Science posted:

The operative phrase in my post was "dismissed out of hand," I.e. because "nukes are scary" or some such bollocks, rather than an actual reasoned argument.

good thing the greens have a very strongly reasoned argument against nuclear power, then. glad we're in agreement :)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tokamak posted:

'could' is the operative word here. What we end up with is WA recommissioning a coal plant for 250 million.

and so the solution is building a multi-billion dollar nuclear reactor instead?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I think he was asking about your"Kind of makes the Greens leap of faith future technology argument look like the equivalent of 'clean coal'. A bit lame to be honest." statement, which I too do not understand. There's no future technology involved - currently, considering the cost and time it takes to build a nuclear power plant, renewables are a much more cost-effective and realistic proposal than creating an Australian nuclear power industry from scratch. If you're using Lucas Heights as an example of how Australia could jump to nuclear power you've missed that the HIFAR is a medical reactor which is much less complicated than a full-fledged powerplant.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Orkin Mang posted:

haha ok bbjoey.

all my liquid comes from a box

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Graic Gabtar posted:

I think you misunderstand me. I was referring to the Greens policy on nuclear medicine.

Oh, I didn't realise that. That's loving dumb. I'm not a member of the Greens, but those goons who are, have you considered raising this at a meeting or whatever?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tokamak posted:

No, but the problem still remains that a confluence of events led to the recommissioning of a coal plant.

There is a disconnect between the way The Greens talk about the maturity of the technology and the reality. It's just frustrating to hear how everything's good on the renewables front, and then seeing project after project being postponed and coal plants left to run past their use-by.

Why isn't something like Muja station not brought to national attention and discussed alongside alternatives. It's the first time I've heard of it. Spending 250 million on 240MW of power (while a little cheaper then new, iirc) isn't exactly a bargain when corroded pipes led to an explosion, and more recently a coolant tower collapsed. It's a shame that all I ever hear from them are pie in the sky plans, whereas I never hear about poo poo like this.

I'm not sure that there's a disconnect in what the Greens are saying. As far as I understand it, they're arguing that if there was a will to make a concerted effort to move away from coal, renewable technology is sufficiently developed these days that a solid, workable plan could be put in place to get to 100% renewable energy within two decades, with no need for any intermediate steps, be they clean coal, nuclear energy, whatever. Obviously, this will doesn't exist at a political level, thanks to the LNP being coal fetishists and the ALP being themselves, so when the question of power is raised the answer is immediately "coal" with no consideration of alternatives.

These aren't pie in the sky plans - they're plans which, if the Greens suddenly came to power tomorrow, could be implemented immediately. The problem as ever is that the Greens are only a minority party and so all they can do is lobby their ideas and hope that people listen.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Let's murder him haha

haha yeah let's

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You know what's a bit scary. I legitimately had no idea who you were talking about for a good 20 seconds.
I literally had to google "ALP Leader" because I forgot his last name.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

agreed

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

tithin posted:

Almost certainly. Even if he didn't authorise it directly, as Cardinal / former Archbishop, he would have been aware of it.

that's some loving avatar

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what does american nonsense have to do with sausage sandwiches

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

You get to keep your family photos, your wedding band and up to $2000, the rest will be confiscated. I can't even begin to comprehend how disgusting this is and await the LNP instituting it forthwith.
Why would they bother? They don't let asylum seekers in in the first place.

Periphery posted:

I'd actually like to see a party that's essentially the greens but instead of being branded as environmentalists heavily pushes a brand focused on health, education and public infrastructure. While those are some fairly prominent areas in all parties I think a focus on those would still allow a party to differentiate itself from the other parties while providing shitloads of avenues to criticise the status quo.
This was literally the ALP until neoliberals got their hands on it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

asio posted:

Nah, the alp was just protectionism and exclusion of asiatics. Everything else was trying to get themselves rich enough to be real tories.

I dunno, Gough-era ALP seemed fairly progressive for its time, though it was quite a brief period between racist protectionists and neoliberal tory-lites.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

asio posted:

"Vietnamese balts" + east timor

yeah I'm just trying to conjure up a past I can be nostalgic for :smith:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

quote:

"...especially when the Greens have similar views to the Liberal Party on penalty rates."

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

Honestly I had to google humanities, I wasn't super sure what they even did

:jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

If you guys despise Amethyst that much you should probably just put him on ignore instead of attempting to savagely burn him with insults like "use big words, much? :allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

So dead the last post two posts about it were 5 and 10 posts ago respectively

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Cartoon posted:

I think you're mistaken about that now.

Please do not bring up my numerical illiteracy I am very sensitive about it.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wait, do people actually use the term "SJW" unironically even when their real name is attached?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Graic Gabtar posted:

Forgive me (and probably others) for just deciding to tuning out of the whole issue is easier than than the risk of being painted as a racist.

If you're just tuning out entirely, why did you comment that the speech was lacking in consensus-building?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

aren't the unions knifing the entire ALP in the back and supporting the greens?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the ALP doesn't have a supportive media empire ready to wholeheartedly accept and defend any excuse they make, though.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Graic Gabtar posted:

You know I'm going to say it don't you?

:confused: no, am I about to be owned (moreso than usual)?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

god I wish the ABC was half as partisan against the LNP as they make it out to be.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SadisTech posted:

Mother Nature is apparently sick of our poo poo and is trying to wipe all of Australia out:

I'm stuck in the Syd airport because of this and I long for death

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

katlington posted:

What things have they faced and continue to face that excuse or explain their disgusting opinions on asylum seekers ?

let's not pry into someone's private life because of their political opinions expressed on the something awful forums, please

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

It also completely ignores anyone with Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome and a bunch of others.

Look mate I did biology in high school for a semester so I know literally everything there is to know about gender and identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Freudian Slip posted:

What
The
gently caress

:psyduck:

What a classy fucker

and then they wonder why nobody wants to gently caress them

• Locked thread