Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's the 2016 edition of the 2015 episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

Did the Sex Party write their own blurb or something?

Why are they even on the list? There are other parties of fringe idiots like Family First, the Fred Nile Group, Shooters and Fishers etc. that have more influence and they don't get a mention.

They have a member in the Upper House of the Victoria Parliament, so I think they have a good enough reason to be included.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wow, looks like our economy is hosed if Andrew Charlton's views on China's economy and its flow on effects are correct.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Periphery posted:

Where can I read this? TIA

It was on 730 tonight:

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4385630.htm

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fried Chicken posted:

I'm less impressed with David Pope's cartoons ok late. How can I, an American, help restore Tony Abbott to power and let the drawing man get back on his game?

I liked the "Hangover" one he did.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

People actually exist who call burgers sandwiches.

People cannot distinguish between bread and bun.

A Big Mac Sandwich please!

My first customer was Megan
She came in for a hamburger with the lot no meat
"Hey, that's a salad roll", I said
And we started going out

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

MonoAus posted:

Auspol is more of a polony and tomato sauce sandwich kind of thread.

Auspol is an rear end sandwich

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I agree with Something Wonky, we should be complaining that the ABC isn't left enough, when they let right wing shrills like Berg and Anne Henderson on their site or news services so it looks like they are being "balanced"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like the right wing warhawks in the Liberals are going to be kicking up a stink since both the Defence Minister and Turnbull have knocked back the request from the US for more Australian troops in the Middle East. Kevin Andrews has already slammed Marise Payne for the decision

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

While that is horrible, I'm not clicking on a News Corpse URL

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jesus Christ, what a load of poo poo. I can't stop laughing. How the gently caress did that get through peer review

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Woolworths is closing down Masters.

Wow, that as a massive massive failure for them.

Near my place there is a Masters on one side of the road, and a Bunnings on the other, and the Bunnings was always busy compared to the Masters.

I wonder if they will have a fire sale

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lid posted:

Conservative commentator Andrew Bolt's television show The Bolt Report has reportedly been axed by Channel Ten after more than four years on the network.

According to a report by The Australian, the Sunday morning political discussion program has not been renewed by the network in 2016, with speculation Bolt will join the Sky News line-up.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...l#ixzz3xYNRiGn9
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I guess the Gina money ran out

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

She will never give up her seat, come hell or high water

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh God please let this happen. The NSW Libs are busy with tearing themselves apart at the moment, and headlines like that are great fuel for that fire

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Dumb ideas to try to save Federal Liberals arse in South Australia:

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/20/christopher-pyne-backs-belgian-trying-to-save-holden-plant-in-south-australia

quote:

Christopher Pyne backs Belgian trying to save Holden plant in South Australia

A undated supplied photo released Friday, August 15, 2008 of the body shop at Holden WM Manufacturing plant in Elizabeth, South Australia. The Review of Australia’s Automative Industry report, compiled over six months, concludes Australia should continue to invest in the sector despite recent closures to manufacturing plants across the industry. (AAP Image/GM Corp.) NO ARCHIVING, EDITORIAL USE ONLY
Christopher Pyne has written a “letter of support” for a Belgian automotive entrepreneur who is trying to buy GM Holden’s South Australia plant and confirmed the project would be eligible for the government’s car-making subsidy scheme.

The acquisition would mean the Adelaide suburb of Elizabeth continue producing Commodores, saving more than 1,000 jobs and the future of the Australian-made car.

The businessman, Guido Dumarey, of Punch International, says there was an immediate change in attitude towards the project after Malcolm Turnbull became prime minister, with the South Australian Pyne as his industry minister.
Pyne said on Wednesday the government would provide ongoing car-industry subsidies to save the Elizabeth plant, continuing the backtracking from the Abbott government’s initial determination to end industry payments, potentially providing a major “good news” announcement in South Australia in an election year but eating into already-booked budget savings.

The plant is scheduled to close late next year after the Abbott government’s end to “industry welfare” saw all three remaining car-makers announce they were quitting Australia.
The bid by Dumarey, of Punch International, would require unspecified continued government funding from the $800m Automotive Transformation Scheme, much of which has been booked in the budget as a saving even though the fund is legislated to run until 2021. Dumarey has indicated he would invest at least $150m in the project and would like to reach an agreement with GM by mid-year.
“The scheme is legislated to continue until 2021 and right now I am working with Punch Corporation, a guy called Guido Dumarey, who is talking to GM in Detroit about how he might be able to take over the operations in Elizabeth, and if that comes to fruition which would be terrific but it’s in the very early stages ... they would expect to create at least 30,000 units a year and if they do that they will be able to access the ATS. So the scheme is not closing ... if there is another car manufacturer accessing it it will continue,” he told local radio 5AA.

Holden Commodore VFII SS-V ute. Dumarey says the unibody ute design is unique and would be a central part of plans to revitalise the business.
Holden Commodore VFII SS-V ute. Dumarey says the unibody ute design is unique and would be a central part of plans to revitalise the business. Photograph: General Motors Holden
A spokesman for GM Holden said the deal would be “evaluated on its merits”. Dumarey has had talks with GM on the sidelines of the Detroit Motor Show, currently underway, armed with the letter of support from Pyne.
Punch International already has an automotive transmission plant in Strasbourg, France, which was also a former GM plant and had been slated for closure when Dumarey took it over. Its workforce has since increased.

He said the five years it took him to buy the Strasbourg plant from GM had taught him that it was absolutely essential to get government onside to successfully prosecute deals like this.
Dumarey has visited Australia several times, most recently in the days before Christmas, when he met Pyne, Labor industry spokesman senator Kim Carr and South Australian independent senator Nick Xenophon. He is due to visit again within weeks. Carr and Xenophon have been working for months behind the scenes to try to help the bid and save the manufacturing jobs.
Xenophon said Pyne had been “receptive and helpful” to the project and while the “shape and structure” of the deal needed to be examined, it was “in the national interest..and absolutely worth the cost of continued ATS subsidies”.
Carr said he believed GM was taking the bid seriously, but it would definitely require subsidies from the existing government scheme.
“It is my understanding GM is giving this matter careful consideration. The business case will have to stack up and there is no doubt the company will require access to the ATS, which is legislated to run to 2021,” he said.
“But this is a project of enormous potential for Australia and for the jobs of thousands of Australia. It reinforces my view that with the right government policies we can attract new investment to Australian car manufacturing.”
He said he would do everything he could to work with the government to help the project succeed.
In a video interview late last year published by Motoring.com.au, Dumarey said the change of prime ministership in Australia had meant a change in attitude from the Australian government towards his bid.

“I think there is a complete new wave in the last month after the change of prime minister, the politics from Mr Abbott is different from the politics of today,” he said, adding he was asking Australians to “judge me on the result and give me a fair go, that’s it”.
Dumarey has been looking at the Elizabeth plant since 2014 and had several meetings with the Abbott government about the plan – which he has dubbed Project Erich – but it is understood they showed little interest.
He believes he can develop premium rear and all-wheel drive cars and using the Commodore’s Zeta architecture, as well as continue producing the Commodore utility, for the domestic and overseas markets.

The government originally planned to save $800m from the ATS as the car industry prepared to close and the Coalition declared the “age of industry entitlement’ to be over. But last year year it partially reversed that decision, budgeting to spend $105m to continue assistance to components makers, while diverting the rest back into Treasury coffers. At that time the government reversed a decision to repeal the ATS legislation. Continuing ATS payments for cars made by Punch in South Australia would force it to reverse some of the budget savings.

Abbott’s unpopularity, the looming end of car manufacturing and uncertainty over the future submarines project were causing huge problems for the South Australian Liberals. Under Abbott polling suggested they faced the loss of three seats, Pyne’s seat of Sturt, Mayo, held by Jamie Briggs who resigned from the ministry earlier this month over inappropriate behaviour on an overseas trip and Hindmarsh, held by Matt Williams. The Coalition was deeply concerned about the impact of independent Nick Xenophon’s decision to stand candidates in lower house seats.

Although the polling in the state has improved significantly under Malcolm Turnbull, leaked texts published by the Australian revealed that even after the change in prime ministership Pyne was asking a high-profile local radio announcer to convince Xenophon not to run a candidate against him in Sturt. Xenophon has now announced a candidate.
Man, this is sure to fail, just like how some business men tried to save the Rover car company in the early 2000s. And we'll have egg on our faces because the Liberals will be throwing money at this

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

norp posted:

How did the parent think that's ok. There are explicit warnings on the bloody carton

Probably the same people who think it's a great idea to drink unparsturised milk

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

duck monster posted:

This just popped up on my facebook feed.

https://voteflux.org/#what

Look at the bios.

Buttcoins!

Holy poo poo it's duck monster!

I was working on an academic's laptop today and he had bitcoin apps on it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Burning a flag isn't treasonous, no matter how much flag waving patriots think it is

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

umm, gay picnic defence, can you remove that photo please

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gay picnic defence posted:

Presumably they looked at the company's balance sheet before extending them credit, unless they just assumed resources can only go up up up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzRxdeW7adM

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Courtney Barnett is Melbourne as gently caress.

And boring as gently caress as well

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goodpart posted:

Please cleanse your palate after the Stan Grant speech with this utter refuse from noted piece of poo poo and Herald Sun columnist (trans: noted piece of poo poo) Rita Panahi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34wplH4Sb-k

Wow, what a way to switch off the audience to your argument with that opening statement.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

I heard that Bunnings sell tubes and funnels too, if you know the codeword.

Stoner's Warehouse
They'll make your bong grouse

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

HookShot posted:

Uhh I don't know if she's ever had a second degree sunburn, that poo poo loving hurts like hell, even when you're a kid.

I had second degree burns to my lower legs and feet.

It was a very painful three weeks. And now I have the added bonus of nerve damage as well!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

turdbucket posted:

lmao the ALP knifing Shorten only to replace him with Bowen would be the end of the Labor party. RIP

Yeah, people complain about what a boring company man Shorten is, but Bowen is far more useless than Shorten, and is far more willing to kneel to the NSW Right

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

:ironicat: Bishop's calling for Abbott to go.

ABC News says it's Vanstone telling Abbott to go, and has also suggested that Bronwyn Bishop and Phil Ruddock leave as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Birb Katter posted:

The month has changed? Why is the poo poo still the same then?

Because of your posting

• Locked thread