Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

We are all doomed because capitalists never want to lose profit therefore they will make renewables just as expensive just to emulate previous cash cows and gently caress you.

It's worse than that. It's not about losing profits, it's about losing increasing profits.

Last year we made $10million and this year we only made $12million? Not good enough :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The government does not discuss on-rape matters.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

xPanda posted:

I can't believe how every time there's a media talking point about productivity she gets up there and directly contradicts herself sentence to sentence about penalty rates. It's bizarre.

Well known lovely place to be Adventure Park has dramatically cut its hours due to the horror of casual wages and not at all because it's poo poo and better known as "Pissweak World" to the locals.

Adventure Park cuts opening hours, blames casual wage rates

quote:

THE state’s biggest water theme park will only be open three days a week as of next month due to casual wage increases.

Wallington’s Adventure Park will be closed from Monday to Thursday through February and March, before its annual six-month shutdown from April 11.

Managing director Leanne Salmon said she was “surprised” by Monday’s social media backlash from angry season pass holders, and said the new times were published on the website eight months ago.

She said the wage changes meant it was no longer viable to keep the park open for only “a handful” of patrons during off-peak times.

“We were faced with, over the past three years, some incredibly major increases to the award that our business falls under, in terms of wage increases and public holiday and penalty rate increases,” she said.

“That combined with very low attendance on weekdays pre and post Christmas, we had to close an extra 15 or so days between February and April.

Yep, nothing to do with nobody wanting to go there, gotta blame those wages.

And in, "At least we're not quite as bad as" news:

Denmark to amend plan to seize asylum seekers' assets, exempting wedding rings

quote:

Denmark's Government says it has secured a parliamentary majority for its controversial plan to seize migrants' cash and valuables to pay for their stay in the country.

However, assets with sentimental value like wedding rings will be exempt.

"The Government, the Social Democrats, the Danish People's Party, the Liberal Alliance and the Conservative People's Party have agreed to amend the bill concerning valuables," a Government statement said.

As well as wedding rings, it listed engagement rings, family portraits and badges of honour as items that could not be confiscated from asylum seekers.

But the statement said items like watches, mobile phones and computers might still be seized.

Copenhagen's right-wing Government, which relies on support in Parliament from an anti-immigration party, began backtracking last week on its proposals to seize assets from asylum seekers by raising the amount of cash a refugee can keep from 3,000 kroner ($625) to 10,000 kroner ($2,084).

You get to keep your family photos, your wedding band and up to $2000, the rest will be confiscated. I can't even begin to comprehend how disgusting this is and await the LNP instituting it forthwith.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

freebooter posted:

In order to institute this we would actually have to be letting them into the country.

Well actually I guess we wouldn't, but confiscating valuables while throwing people in camps is probably too Nazi Germany at this stage. Watch out for it in 2017 after Malcolm's landslide election victory and sweeping mandate!

According to Civil Liberties Australia " It costs more than $300 a day to keep a prisoner in jail, and more than $600 a day to keep a juvenile in detention...For 2011–12, the costs for police services, courts (criminal and civil) and corrective services was $14.02 billion"

Why are good Australians having to foot the bill for these miscreants? Why don't we follow the path blazed by Denmark and charge prisoners for the cost of their incarceration?

They have clothes and jewellery, cars, houses, bank accounts all of which can be possessed by the state for all the crimes likely to be committed by poor people.

FYI, did you know you have to pay for the privilege of being on parole in the US which is why most people actually end up in jail again. Not because of any crime they committed while out, but they couldn't meet their payments.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
"Never enough," is the only answer.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

BBJoey posted:

Wait, do people actually use the term "SJW" unironically even when their real name is attached?

As a white male in a first world country, I have spent my entire life swimming in an ocean of privilege, therefore let me tell you why people who don't find racism and racist genocide funny are SJWs because

It's loving horrifying how many people there are like that :(

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

My mate who works in HR just told me this is stupid and not to do it. Often the software they scan highlights the words they are searching for, which still shows up white text, at which point you get immediately binned.

In my day, they just did things like "Use a black pen to complete this form" and throw out any which had a different colour.

Can't follow simple instructions :rolleyes:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's 2am and I'm sitting here watching a bunch of heavily armed racist loons on the other side of the world waiting to be raided by the FBI so they can die in a blaze of glory For The Constitution!

They're thoughtfully livestreaming it over youtube and it's strange as hell to see these people armed with rifles and automatic weapons just itching for the chance to kill someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zil8bInw3hs

It's an alien loving world.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Saw in passing the headline of the Age/Austraian today saying the LNP are looking forward to ignoring any public resolution on marriage equality.

The sweet tang of democracy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

ScreamingLlama posted:

I just got a heads-up from the NSW state division: we actually have the numbers, but the AEC is making the Dems jump through all kinds of hoops to get reregistered.

Bloody Libs and their hatred of minor parties.

I can see why that would be a problem. You need one person to hold the hoop and another to jump through it and the Dems just don't have that kind of numbers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Recoome posted:

Devine is an apologist for sexual harrassment in the workplace, and minimising the impact that sexual harrassment has on not only the victims, but the reputation of the ADF. She attempts to shore up the shakiest argument with the classic "while soldiers were dying", which while true, doesn't count for poo poo because not addressing this issue wouldn't have saved soldiers from dying. The message sent by Defence was clear one, which is that sexual harrassment and objectification of women was not going to be tolerated. But won't someone think of the :qq: men, who were the real victims:qq:

We just need to ask ourselves whether we want to end up like the US where "25% of military women have been sexually assaulted, and up to 80% have been sexually harassed".

quote:

Devine's piece is poo poo, whereas Ackerman's article loving sucks rear end and is wrong regarding the universally accepted definitions for gender. It's so disgusting I don't even know where to begin, I could write an essay about it but just goddamn

It also completely ignores anyone with Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome and a bunch of others.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

It's funny, my girlfriend was watching the Taiwanese election on the TV Pad and the Anti-Chinese party won and she was like "hmph, idiots"

How can they be anti-Cina when Taiwan is Real China :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

SadisTech posted:

Those the Return of Kings or w/e fuckers have one primary motivating factor for all their bullshit: If women have choices, they will not be chosen. A more pathetic bunch of inept wankers has never existed.

I strongly recommend http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com for anyone who wants to see what these loving lunatics are doing.

The site isn't a hate site, but it finds the "best" :airquote:men's rights:airquote: posts and articles and links to them.

• Locked thread