Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hello VEGETA!! Happy anime new year to you all! Did you have a fine New Year's celebration last night? I sure did, playing computer games and watching Youtube videos at home. Did you have a New Year's Dream featuring an eggplant, a hawk, and Mt. Fuji? No?

Oh well! Anyway, what are your official anime forum new year's resolutions this year?

Mine are:

• Finish LOGH - I've only gotten in about 10 episodes!!
  • Finish that Chaika show already
  • Get the Battle Angel Alita artbook
  • Read Dorohedoro
  • Catch up with One Piece

Good cheer and good fortune to you all for this wonderful new year!! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
92% of new years resolutions fail so I think you're actually less likely to do the things you want to do if you post them in this thread.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

suicide

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you feel you might be suicidal, and live in the United States, I urge you to call the Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255 or navigate to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ for a live chat and additional resources.

If it's not an emergency, but you want to know more about mental health, the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) offers information on their website https://www.nami.org/ and a free HELPLINE 800-950-6264.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hello VEGETA!! Happy anime new year to you all! Did you have a fine New Year's celebration last night? I sure did, playing computer games and watching Youtube videos at home. Did you have a New Year's Dream featuring an eggplant, a hawk, and Mt. Fuji? No?

Oh well! Anyway, what are your official anime forum new year's resolutions this year?

Mine are:

• Finish LOGH - I've only gotten in about 10 episodes!!
  • Finish that Chaika show already
  • Get the Battle Angel Alita artbook
  • Read Dorohedoro
  • Catch up with One Piece

Good cheer and good fortune to you all for this wonderful new year!! :woop:

I should probably watch One-Punch Man. Other than that, IDK. :confuoot:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm going to finish watching at least one of the dozen or so shows I started in 2015 and never finished.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I need to finish Kaiba. And Gatchaman Crowds.

I need to catch up on Jistu Wa, since I left off around chapter 50-60 or so.

Based on the Best Anime of 2015 thread, Shirobako also needs more than a 1 episode test (I didn't really care for the first episode).

And, uh, continue practicing Japanese.

Happy New Year everybody! :)

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Julias posted:

I need to finish Kaiba. And Gatchaman Crowds.

I need to catch up on Jistu Wa, since I left off around chapter 50-60 or so.

Based on the Best Anime of 2015 thread, Shirobako also needs more than a 1 episode test (I didn't really care for the first episode).

And, uh, continue practicing Japanese.

Happy New Year everybody! :)

These are good resolutions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stop eating nothing but poo poo and get some exercise.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
1: Watch Legend of Galactic Heroes
2: Watch at least one series recommended here where the setting is [cute girls] doing [thing], a genre I've so far avoided out of sheer ennui and the suspicion you're all being ironic.
3: Read either Vagabond or Blade of the Immortal

That's enough for now I think.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Become as strong as Takeo.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
  1. Watch more shows that actually came out this year.
  2. Finish Princess Tutu and Turn-A Gundam.
  3. Catch up on all the manga I'm behind on.
  4. Genuflect.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Turn-A Gundam.

This is a great idea! I got on with Turn-A during a Simulwatch a few years ago, and it was a fantastic ride. You're in for some good stuff! :cheers:

Sakurazuka posted:

Stop eating nothing but poo poo and get some exercise.

Watch/read Food Wars and One Punch Man!

Pierson posted:

2: Watch at least one series recommended here where the setting is [cute girls] doing [thing], a genre I've so far avoided out of sheer ennui and the suspicion you're all being ironic.

How about Azumanga Daioh? That counts, I think, and it's hilarious.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 1, 2016

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DrSunshine posted:

How about Azumanga Daioh? That counts, I think, and it's hilarious.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the manga of Azumanga Daioh more, basically because it goes by much quicker, and it feels like the anime drags in certain spots with non-funny jokes that last too long. A few parts are improved by being animated, though.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm gonna watch the two Yuasa shows that I haven't seen yet. Kemonozume and Kaiba.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As mentioned last night in the chat thread in the convo about new years resolutions that people are now toxxed into, I am gonna lose 20 pounds and watch 30 anims this s year.

The rules for the anims are that at least 15 have to air this year. No more than 5 short episode shows count. Multiple seasons of an anime only count as one thing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

I'm gonna watch the two Yuasa shows that I haven't seen yet. Kemonozume and Kaiba.

I'm about a third of the way into Kaiba. A word of advice: go into it with an open mind. I've basically had to rewatch every episode twice to get what's going on in more detai/thematically, but I feel like i might work better going through in one go and then watching it a second time afterwards.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I resolve to take all these old loving files from the prison of their DVD-ROMs and even CD-ROMs and stick them up on my big NAS to be available on my Plex server on any device I own. Because having that same old CD with the custom End of Evangelion disc label slapped on it from 14 years ago is dumb. Having big pleather CD storage binders is dumb. I need to do this with my pro wrasslin' stuff, as well; but that'll be more difficult.

Whether I can actually be bothered to replace some of these old shows with the latest HD remasters etc of them, I doubt it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

Whether I can actually be bothered to replace some of these old shows with the latest HD remasters etc of them, I doubt it.

That sounds less of a pain than ripping them, to me.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Namtab posted:

As mentioned last night in the chat thread in the convo about new years resolutions that people are now toxxed into, I am gonna lose 20 pounds and watch 30 anims this s year.

The rules for the anims are that at least 15 have to air this year. No more than 5 short episode shows count. Multiple seasons of an anime only count as one thing.
I will expect you to provide proof of both these things.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Namtab posted:

These two goals are at odds with each other, unless you're doing your daily binge-watching on a treadmill or something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Surprisingly it is possible to find time to do the two things seperately

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I will expect you to provide proof of both these things.

Well the anims you'll have to take my word for unless you want a pm every time I finish something. My gross weight will be proved by a pic of some scales saying 12 stone.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
I need to study more. so I can read more manga that seems interesting, but not being translated by anyone.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Since you ask, I guess I can claim I made a resolution to watch Cowboy Bebop. I already watched the first 20 episodes over the last week or so, so I'm pretty sure I've got it in the bag.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
In the chat thread I resolved to A) get a job, B) continue getting into shape, C) drink less as a part of B, and D) make an awesome Nico cosplay.

To these I add E) get through significant portions of my anime backlog of
  • Kyousogiga
  • Giant Robo
  • Akatsuki no Yona
  • Akagami no Shirayuki
  • Moyashimon
  • Kemonozume
  • Ping Pong
  • Patlabor TV
  • Birdy the Might Decode
  • Squid Girl
  • Princess Tutu
  • Paranoia Agent
  • Idolmaster Cinderella Girls
  • Gundam 0080
  • finally finishing LotGH
and F) watch the entirety of my anime movie backlog of
  • Night on the Galactic Railroad
  • Paprika
  • Perfect Blue
  • Millennium Actress
  • REDLINE
  • Tokyo Godfathers

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Sabotage the Olympics and save anime

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Continue training.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Since you ask, I guess I can claim I made a resolution to watch Cowboy Bebop. I already watched the first 20 episodes over the last week or so, so I'm pretty sure I've got it in the bag.
Nailed it. Easiest resolution ever. I should do this every year.

Hell of a show. I can see why it's so well regarded.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I will make anime video

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

.jpg posted:

I will make anime video

I'm excited!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
1) Finally get around to watching Zeta Gundam
2) Trick a dub company to hire me as a VA

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
1) Watch something by Satoshi Kon
2) Finish watching Turn-A Gundam
3) Make some pages/add some opinions on the wiki
4) Find a new avatar

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

unpronounceable posted:

1) Watch something by Satoshi Kon
2) Finish watching Turn-A Gundam
3) Make some pages/add some opinions on the wiki
4) Find a new avatar

Tokyo Godfathers is an excellent movie, both funny and heart wrenching.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I want to finish watching LoG

The Devil Tesla posted:

92% of new years resolutions fail so I think you're actually less likely to do the things you want to do if you post them in this thread.

I mean, my resolution is to avoid LoGH for as long as possible.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Airspace posted:

I want to finish watching LoG

I mean, my resolution is to avoid LoGH for as long as possible.

I wish you luck on your resolution :)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Watched all of komori-san can't decline, which is about a girl who does people favours. Therefore 2/30 complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm going to continue losing weight and get fit so I can look like the girls and ladies in my animes.

• Locked thread