Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That old lady will get double stuffed by the finest gigolos money can by every day until her death, and I am happy for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Im waiting for the boss to want the ticket back.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

That's awesome

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Now you can tell everyone who says "well you can't win if you don't buy a ticket..." to gently caress off because she didn't ever buy a ticket. She literally didn't play the lottery, she just showed up to work and had it handed to her. She was still a billion times more successful at winning than someone that bought a pile of tickets. It's so awesome.

That being said, now I'm sad that no one is going to use the money to blow up the moon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

King Vidiot posted:

That actually made me smile, better her than me or any of the chucklefucks in this thread who'd spend it all on exotic hookers and nerdy poo poo.
Joke's on you, she's the OP

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Now you can tell everyone who says "well you can't win if you don't buy a ticket..." to gently caress off because she didn't ever buy a ticket. She literally didn't play the lottery, she just showed up to work and had it handed to her. She was still a billion times more successful at winning than someone that bought a pile of tickets.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this is the dude that bought the tickets

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Now you can tell everyone who says "well you can't win if you don't buy a ticket..." to gently caress off because she didn't ever buy a ticket. She literally didn't play the lottery, she just showed up to work and had it handed to her. She was still a billion times more successful at winning than someone that bought a pile of tickets. It's so awesome.

That being said, now I'm sad that no one is going to use the money to blow up the moon.

why blow up the moon when you can laser carve a dick on it and blow the moon?

naem
May 29, 2011

Germstore posted:

That old lady will get double stuffed by the finest gigolos money can by every day until her death, and I am happy for her.

:911:

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Turns out it was a hoax, the Son lied to his mom and she didn't win.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

ahahahahahaha

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/california-powerball-winner-nurse-7-kids-article-1.2497484

That son should be forced to live in the nursing home.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol Shlomo what a great name I wish it were my name

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

god drat that is some serious loving ownage

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hahahaha yes, hail satan.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

lol Shlomo what a great name I wish it were my name

No Shlomo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

soy posted:

hahahaha yes, hail satan.

AHAHAHHAA.

Still could be a tweaker. Let us pray.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Only 6 of her 7 kids were nurses. He's probably the comedian in the family.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
checking in to say i won 8 bucks so i doubled my money, suck it losers

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Odds are its a rich person and that makes me happy :) Cause it makes everyone else angry.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

drat, that is a cold prank to play on your own mother

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

A Powerball Reimbursement Go Fund Me Page Has Been Created for Cinnamon Nicole. Donate today.
https://www.yahoo.com/music/powerball-reimbursement-fund-page-created-235504618.html

FCKGW posted:

Lol, gently caress all you "rich getting richer" dumbfucks. Jewish business owner buys tickets for all his employees and patrons and one of workers wins it big. Literally the nicest outcome that could have happened.

:laffo: at your premature/childlike optimism.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

Zogo posted:

A Powerball Reimbursement Go Fund Me Page Has Been Created for Cinnamon Nicole. Donate today.
https://www.yahoo.com/music/powerball-reimbursement-fund-page-created-235504618.html

:laffo: at your premature/childlike optimism.

Campaign Not Found
We're sorry, but the campaign URL you entered cannot be found.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I bet they'll do okay:

quote:

One Powerball winner down, two to go.

The $327 million Powerball ticket belonging to a small-town Tennessee family was verified Friday as one of the three winners sold as the jackpot soared to a record $1.6 billion.

John and Lisa Robinson of tiny Munford, Tenn., arrived walking the family dog at the state lottery office in Nashville — and left with their instant fortune confirmed.

Both insisted they are going to work on Monday — Lisa to her job at a dermotologist’s office, and John at his position in information technology.

The first order of business with the family’s newfound fortune: pay off their daughter’s student loans. After that, they’ll tithe heavily to their church, John Robinson said.

But their daughter has one special request.

“My very first thought was I always wanted a horse, so I get a horse now,” she said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...er&ADPosition=2

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

FCKGW posted:

this is the dude that bought the tickets

With Jews... you win!

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

not gonna go back and check but gj to the goon who predicted the tithing

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unngh love dat single play jackpot ticket.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
They gon' git Whitakker-ed.

And man, what kind of lawyer would recommend publicity so soon? You'd want them legally and financially fortified and prepared to disappear like they'd just assassinating a sitting congressman. But this rear end in a top hat recommends they find a national morning news program right away? He's got to be working an angle. Setting them up to need his lawyering, which because of all the added complexity assuredly is at a higher, more appropriate, rate.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

They are already buying a horse because, "I've always wanted one..."

I can't imagine going back to work would be a good idea at all either.

Are there any stories of actual good outcomes from winning the lottery? Or are they never written about because the people disappeared.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Those people are very stupid and will definitely regret winning. Also lol how fat they are.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol @ investing in horse equity right away

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Talking to the local media sounds like a Really bad idea

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Necc0 posted:

not gonna go back and check but gj to the goon who predicted the tithing

i was the one who said they'd give it to a lovely church, are they giving it to their church?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

please rob these people

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nonsense posted:

i was the one who said they'd give it to a lovely church, are they giving it to their church?

"The first order of business with the family’s newfound fortune: pay off their daughter’s student loans. After that, they’ll tithe heavily to their church, John Robinson said."

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I definitely wouldn't take the annuity at their age, don't blame them

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
No one should take the annuity ever.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Germstore posted:

No one should take the annuity ever.

When I win tonight I'm going to take the annuity and buy a pony and donate $1,000,000 to Scientology. You can't stop me!

kindermord posted:

Campaign Not Found
We're sorry, but the campaign URL you entered cannot be found.

It appears she took her money and ran away.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Let's trout out on the today show to brag to everyone we won but please respect our privacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

These poor people think their "friends" from work and their small town church acquaintances are a real support system that can continue after they have 1/3 of a billion dollars

It's going to hit hard when people turn on them and they feel isolated

Also "buying a horse" will feel really good now, but in a short time they'll have to buy more and more stuff to recapture that feeling and they will all end up with Donald trump hair and fake tans and get a divorce and the daughter will end up in rehab

• Locked thread