Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is a 3 month old kitten.

He's awesome :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is a 3 month old kitten.

Hahaha he gonna gently caress you up

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

not caring here posted:

Hahaha he gonna gently caress you up

He's gonna be nearly as big as dakota.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's gonna be nearly as big as dakota.

He's gonna have monster claws, good luck with that poo poo imo. Remember to get him fixed before he starts spraying on poo poo unless you want to deal with that for your entire time owning him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

no bones about it posted:

He's gonna have monster claws, good luck with that poo poo imo. Remember to get him fixed before he starts spraying on poo poo unless you want to deal with that for your entire time owning him.

I'm taking him back in 2 weeks for some boosters and his first round of another vaccine. I'm shooting for 4 months if he's ready to get fixed by them if not waiting till 5. I don't want an unaltered male running around my house.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Have both his balls dropped yet?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Have both his balls dropped yet?

Not even close. You can barely tell he has balls.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm taking him back in 2 weeks for some boosters and his first round of another vaccine. I'm shooting for 4 months if he's ready to get fixed by them if not waiting till 5. I don't want an unaltered male running around my house.

I learned the hard way that if you snip off their balls too early, you risk delaying their bone growth because their hormones get out of whack. I had my cat fixed when he was about 5 months old and one day I come home to find him limping around on three legs. After several trips to the vet and many thousands of dollars later I was shown some x-rays and you could see that his bones had barely fused together. The vet told me it was because he was fixed too early. He basically had a brittle kitten skeleton even though he's a huge-rear end Maine Coon/Ragdoll mix.

One of his hip ball joints had basically broken off after he had jumped down from a shelf or something. He's fine now, but that's not an experience I would wish on any cat owner.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Vasudus posted:

Guys I pooped so hard I think I pulled my groin.

What the gently caress, being in your 30s blows.

I think you may be defective.

Eat some fiber. Granola bars work but don't eat too many. :lol:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded posted:

I think you may be defective.

Eat some fiber. Granola bars work but don't eat too many. :lol:

fiber one bars are p. good and work well

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Are Casper mattresses any good? We're in the market for a new one.

I quite like mine, have had it for two years. Getting my frame today so can only assume it'll be better. Since Casper started doing their whole trial shtick--not saying they were first--seems a lot of other similar startups have shot up. People really hate mattress salesmen I guess, who knew?

It can get a bit warm, but it is directly on carpet, slats should help. I got a waterproof/cooling pad for the pupper and it seems to help a bit I suppose. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that Leesa was using a new memory foam that managed heat better but I can only assume Casper switched too since then.

So there's Casper, leesa, and then probably a couple others. They all have some sort of referral bit, I know the deals subforum has/had a chain. If you go the Casper route I might have a referral code which I think gives you $50 off. My queen was $800 after the discount

The biggest thing with a new mattress is there can be a bit of an adjustment period that might take upwards of three weeks+. Regardless with the trial bit no reason to not try one of them out. You call them and they send someone to pick it up and donate it to a charity I believe

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 30, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
James May is wearing the best shirt in tonight's episode.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I quite like mine, have had it for two years. Getting my frame today so can only assume it'll be better. Since Casper started doing their whole trial shtick--not saying they were first--seems a lot of other similar startups have shot up. People really hate mattress salesmen I guess, who knew?

It can get a bit warm, but it is directly on carpet, slats should help. I got a waterproof/cooling pad for the pupper and it seems to help a bit I suppose. I remember reading somewhere a while ago that Leesa was using a new memory foam that managed heat better but I can only assume Casper switched too since then.

So there's Casper, leesa, and then probably a couple others. They all have some sort of referral bit, I know the deals subforum has/had a chain. If you go the Casper route I might have a referral code which I think gives you $50 off. My queen was $800 after the discount

The biggest thing with a new mattress is there can be a bit of an adjustment period that might take upwards of three weeks+. Regardless with the trial bit no reason to not try one of them out. You call them and they send someone to pick it up and donate it to a charity I believe

Gotta talk to Husbear about it, but I think he'll be on board. The Serta we got at loving big lots 4 years ago loving sucks :xd:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Big Lots has the worst furniture. It always looks fine, but it's being sold at Big Lots for a reason. I learned from buying a sectional couch from a Big Lots, it was absolute junk within a year, without a big dog around either.

Costco has good furniture. There's some decent mattresses to be had on amazon. I bought a king size memory foam one from amazon, drat thing was awesome and maybe $500 with a platform to keep it off the ground.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
At a minimum, if you need a mattress, you should go into a store to test out the different types of mattresses. I kept hearing how awesome memory foam mattresses were, then I tried one and it felt hard as a brick (I am a tiny human).

I likely overpaid for a king-size pillowtop-style, but that loving thing is comfortable as hell.

As for the Grand Tour, loving hell that was a tense episode and really well-done. I mean, I know they weren't in any *real* trouble, most likely, but they sure made me believe it. Goddamn.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Well yeah, don't go buying a firm mattress if you're light. I'm constantly floating around 200lbs, so a firm memory foam is fine for me.

The real problem with low end memory foam is that eventually you will wear a rut into it. But the great thing about a king size is it's basically a big rear end square, so you can turn it four ways before finding an old rut. That $500 mattress I had was fine though because I turned it every few months.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Probably a stupid question, but what do you do with your old mattress when you order a new one online? Obviously UPS or whatever isn't hauling it away. Leave it on the curb?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sleep train takes it away with a mattress purchase.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Salvation Army will come pick up just about anything. Actually, all those mattresses that come with a 100 night guarantee just tell you to donate the thing to Salvation Army or goodwill or something and refund the cash. They don't want back your slightly used mattress.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

TBeats posted:

A nice bed is on my to-buy list for 2017. Gonna drop ~$1000 on it. The $350 mattress I'm on now is shredding my back.

Probably the second best thing I ever spent money on was getting a sleep number 3-4 years ago. Spent something like $1600 but thats the base, mattress system and all the add ons and protection plans. Pay the fat rear end cash on something good to sleep on. Memory foam mattresses are getting cheaper and you have a poo poo ton of different options as well. I don't remember which brand but I almost got one before I got the deal on the SN.

Vasudus posted:

Guys I pooped so hard I think I pulled my groin.

What the gently caress, being in your 30s blows.

Dude. Eat some salad on a regular basis.

Also. Whats your history with brain injuries? Because you could be 37 with the hand tremors of a 70 year old Parkinson patient and have issues remembering anything before 2007.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Salvation Army and goodwill don't want your mattress most the time--too expensive to have it professionally cleaned and possible bed begs etc

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Probably a stupid question, but what do you do with your old mattress when you order a new one online? Obviously UPS or whatever isn't hauling it away. Leave it on the curb?

Some dude off Craigslist came and hauled mine away for free.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

Some dude off Craigslist came and hauled mine away for free.
Told me I'd be seeing him again real soon, I don't know what that was about.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Salvation Army and goodwill don't want your mattress most the time--too expensive to have it professionally cleaned and possible bed begs etc

One of the big donation places actually has them reupholstered, but I can't remember which one, maybe Goodwill or ARC?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

In Chicago, leave it in the alley and it'll be gone in about an hour by magical alley elves.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I sold mine before trying to stuff it into a Kia again. I managed to squeeze it in there once, moving from Memphis to Nashville, but that wasn't going to happen on a 1100+ mile drive with Frank, two cats, and a few footlockers worth of clothes and miscellaneous kitchen poo poo.

It was sell it, or try to convince my brother to stuff it in his storage locker for a few months to years or whenever I get around to picking poo poo up. It had a mattress cover (that I kept) and I was nice enough to vacuum the dog hair off of it. I got a few hundred bucks, he got a mattress, platform, and a few random pieces of cheap furniture to fill his divorcee bachelor pad.

I've never had bed bugs and I'm not above sleeping on a mat on the floor or a cheap old army cot.

Back in the married days, any new mattress just meant another empty bedroom was getting a bed. I had a 3 bedroom house with 3 beds and I slept on the couch because the wife was a oval office and I like to sleep with background tv or radio noise.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

bengy81 posted:

One of the big donation places actually has them reupholstered, but I can't remember which one, maybe Goodwill or ARC?

I suppose if they're decent enough but most the chumps ITT aren't exactly getting rid of a nice mattress, just the poo poo $150 one wor lmao down with body oil stains from sleeping on it with no sheets

Point is it's likely no one wants it and people on Craigslist might pick it up depending on the quality. You can just do what everyone else does and dump it in an alley or someone's yard

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

That seems more like Arc. Goodwill won't do poo poo besides unload it and waddle it into a corner of the store somewhere. Goodwill is actually a really lovely company.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

In Chicago, leave it in the alley and it'll be gone in about an hour by magical alley elves.

poo poo they'll snatch anything around here but they apparently are too good for used couches, beds, and CRT TVs

I suppose the couches might be decent initially but then someone moves in and sleeps and pisses on it

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My hoarder neighbor took a CRT off my hands a few months back. I had consigned myself to having to pay 60 bucks to have it recycled, but he took it no questions asked. Just wish his wife would stop taking rocks out of our retaining wall for her weed (not the kind you smoke) garden.

Also RE: my lovely neighbors, pretty sure they don't have working sewer and/or water. They bring in 50 gallon drums every couple weeks and haul them off in the middle of the night...

I hope they aren't, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually making GBS threads in buckets. They burn pallets for heat in the winter so is that really a step down?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

My hoarder neighbor took a CRT off my hands a few months back. I had consigned myself to having to pay 60 bucks to have it recycled, but he took it no questions asked. Just wish his wife would stop taking rocks out of our retaining wall for her weed (not the kind you smoke) garden.

Also RE: my lovely neighbors, pretty sure they don't have working sewer and/or water. They bring in 50 gallon drums every couple weeks and haul them off in the middle of the night...

I hope they aren't, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were actually making GBS threads in buckets. They burn pallets for heat in the winter so is that really a step down?

Good lord where do you live?

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

Good lord where do you live?

South of Denver in a bedroom community.
AKA Nowhere near any place that those kind of living conditions could be considered normal.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

AKA Nowhere near any place that those kind of living conditions could be considered normal.

The worse thing near me is a commericial fisherman who leaves his traps and boats all over his front yard but that's like a mile away. Sorry about the poo poo you gotta deal with.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

The worse thing near me is a commericial fisherman who leaves his traps and boats all over his front yard but that's like a mile away. Sorry about the poo poo you gotta deal with.

We are gonna sell this summer and get away from his crap, I'll post pics of his backyard when we do, because holy poo poo is it terrifying. Right now, there is a busted up fox body Mustang, maybe 70 pallets, a bunch of scrap metal and junk, a dozen 50 gallon drums, mice, rabbits and squirrels. And I think 7 dogs, and definitely no grass, so all you can smell is dogshit most of the year.

Also there are two more broken down cars in the driveway!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

We are gonna sell this summer and get away from his crap, I'll post pics of his backyard when we do, because holy poo poo is it terrifying. Right now, there is a busted up fox body Mustang, maybe 70 pallets, a bunch of scrap metal and junk, a dozen 50 gallon drums, mice, rabbits and squirrels. And I think 7 dogs, and definitely no grass, so all you can smell is dogshit most of the year.

Also there are two more broken down cars in the driveway!

I do like fox bodies stangs but the rest is gross. I'd invest in a tall fence before trying to sell.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

I do like fox bodies stangs but the rest is gross. I'd invest in a tall fence before trying to sell.

That's the plan, our house sits about 5 ft. Higher than his, so it won't hide everything, but maybe it will hide the more obvious stuff.

The guy on our other side has a poo poo house too, he moved a freight container into his back yard, his house hasn't been painted in 20 years, and his retaining wall is sliding into our yard, so we are a late spring blizzard away from a pine tree crashing into our garage.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Posted this in the networking thread but maybe y'all can give me some input

Hey all. So I have this router Asus RT-N66U

I got this NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 for my mom but she ended up not needing it.I paid $180 or thereabouts for it new. I put it up for sale for $200 but haven't received any bites.

Suffice is to say I'm considering just keeping it then. Is it overkill for my needs? I'm a pitiful bachelor and my place is pretty small--but I do like to chill on the patio with my surface pro. My PS4 and TV are wired but other than that a handful of other devices

I don't really understand internet speeds too well. I have the Cox premier package which is apparently up to 150mbps download and up to 10 mbps upload

My modem is the SB6141 I'm online a lot and money isn't much of an issue: I'm a latest and greatest kind of person. But if i'm perfectly fine where I'm at that's cool too

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Probably overkill, but it certainly won't perform worse than what your running now. It's just a matter as to whether you want to recoup the money you spent.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i use a nighthawk

its nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

I might live in a lovely apartment, but thank gently caress my neighbors aren't that retarded. I can deal with trashy people, hell, I am trashy people, but I hate the idea of neighbors leaving random poo poo everywhere.

We had a Christmas donation thing at work, couple bucks or gifts for some poor kids and the like. One of the families lives in a loving trailer missing a whole exterior wall. A couple of us volunteered to go out and build a temporary wall to button up their shitcan, but they apparently weren't too keen on not freezing to death this winter and we haven't heard back since we offered to help. This is a family of at least four.

loving Springs is full of crazy people.

• Locked thread