Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

This is four pages old but I'm too tired to catch up on the rest of the thread so just skipping ahead and anyway HCT you're cool and good and thanks for posting all the time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Cool this is actually a pinched nerve related to my back injury this past week. Thank god for working with doctors.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Ha! A dude that walked out on the job on me AND emailed my Regional Manager trying to get me in trouble just texted me BEGGING me for his job back.

gently caress him LOL

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

Cool this is actually a pinched nerve related to my back injury this past week. Thank god for working with doctors.

What a lovely way to find out

:rimshot:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Are Casper mattresses any good? We're in the market for a new one.

Yes. The GF got us one because the brand new Serta I got us was making her ache when she was pregnant. It's much more comfy than the mattress it replaced, which cost about 3 times more

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There is so much retardation going on right now my loving head hurts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Retardation: I'm doing inventory at a warehouse and poo poo isn't where it's supposed to be GODDAMNIT.

Come on 5pm, daddy needs to smoke a bowl.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Retardation: I'm doing inventory at a warehouse and poo poo isn't where it's supposed to be GODDAMNIT.

Come on 5pm, daddy needs to smoke a bowl.

At least you're not doing a layout in the military imho

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

At least you're not doing a layout in the military imho

Everything better be dress right dress

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Posted this in the networking thread but maybe y'all can give me some input

Hey all. So I have this router Asus RT-N66U

I got this NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 for my mom but she ended up not needing it.I paid $180 or thereabouts for it new. I put it up for sale for $200 but haven't received any bites.

Suffice is to say I'm considering just keeping it then. Is it overkill for my needs? I'm a pitiful bachelor and my place is pretty small--but I do like to chill on the patio with my surface pro. My PS4 and TV are wired but other than that a handful of other devices

I don't really understand internet speeds too well. I have the Cox premier package which is apparently up to 150mbps download and up to 10 mbps upload

My modem is the SB6141 I'm online a lot and money isn't much of an issue: I'm a latest and greatest kind of person. But if i'm perfectly fine where I'm at that's cool too

I think you're fine either way, although a lot of Asus's are wrt linux based, so you can flash them with a superior dd-wrt, tomato et. al ROM. Nice thing is you can slave those flashed routers so you've got wifi in remote areas, if needed. So obviously, my vote would be with that router. Mainly posted to :thumbsup: your name change.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Soft interest check on a first generation Apple Watch. I'm thinking of getting a series 2 and am willing to sell my current one to someone here for a decent price.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well I'm fully erect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r42q6l49Bb4

Power armor erection not the lady. But Bobbie is pretty badass in the books :buddy:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:eyepop:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Posted this in the networking thread but maybe y'all can give me some input

Hey all. So I have this router Asus RT-N66U

I got this NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 for my mom but she ended up not needing it.I paid $180 or thereabouts for it new. I put it up for sale for $200 but haven't received any bites.

Suffice is to say I'm considering just keeping it then. Is it overkill for my needs? I'm a pitiful bachelor and my place is pretty small--but I do like to chill on the patio with my surface pro. My PS4 and TV are wired but other than that a handful of other devices

I don't really understand internet speeds too well. I have the Cox premier package which is apparently up to 150mbps download and up to 10 mbps upload

My modem is the SB6141 I'm online a lot and money isn't much of an issue: I'm a latest and greatest kind of person. But if i'm perfectly fine where I'm at that's cool too

My Airport Extreme flaked out (5 GHz connection would periodically stop working for hours) so I went router shopping a couple weeks ago and bought this fucker: https://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Dual...ords=wrt3200acm

Probably overkill for my uses but oh well. I checked the SH/SC home networking thread and apparently the only solution they'll countenance is a linux box hooked up to some hotel access points or some poo poo that sounded way over complicated.

I looked into the modems, too, and the SB6141 is definitely good up to 150 mbps but no more. If your internet speed doesn't go past that then there's no point in upgrading. I've had mine for 4 years and haven't had a single issue.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

bengy81 posted:

We are gonna sell this summer and get away from his crap, I'll post pics of his backyard when we do, because holy poo poo is it terrifying. Right now, there is a busted up fox body Mustang, maybe 70 pallets, a bunch of scrap metal and junk, a dozen 50 gallon drums, mice, rabbits and squirrels. And I think 7 dogs, and definitely no grass, so all you can smell is dogshit most of the year.

Also there are two more broken down cars in the driveway!

I'm late, but you should start calling your code enforcement office now if you want to sell this summer. You'll lose tens of thousands on your sale with that nearby.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I'm late, but you should start calling your code enforcement office now if you want to sell this summer. You'll lose tens of thousands on your sale with that nearby.

The city has been at war with my neighbors for about two years. Once every week or so, somebody comes by and gives them a notice of violatio, usually for the broken down cars, but also for the crap they have on their porch and all the scrap metal that spilling out on to their yard. They even hit them for parking on their gravel, using some obscure code about using "upgraded" material for parking. I can't remember the exact details of it, but it was funny. The electric company has been battling with them over easement rights, but unfortunately, they kind of gave up and asked another neighbor to give them access to utilities from a different spot and they did.

The big problem is that its a slow process to condemn a house or kick people out, and these people don't give a gently caress about code violations or the fines.
Honestly, the only thing we could do that would really kick them in the balls would be to complain about them having too many dogs, but that would probably just result in them getting put down...

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm sorry you can't easily get some people thrown out on the streets because ~property values~~

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'm sorry you can't easily get some people thrown out on the streets because ~property values~~

You must like living next to slobs?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just clean your yard ok? I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

I guess I worded that wrong.
I don't want to see them get thrown out, but it sucks really bad that they are essentially living like squatters in a tin hut in Tijuana and "we" have to deal with it.
We seriously go through 30 or so mice traps a season because of the pallet castle for rodents they built in their backyard. Any time there is a sudden temp change the little fuckers try to invade our house and eat all the draft blockers and moulding around our doors, then they die under our stove or behind our couch or some other equally lovely place.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sneak over there, rescue the dogges, and then burn everything to the ground.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Naked Bear posted:

Sneak over there, rescue the dogges, and then burn everything to the ground.

This is the best answer.

Call the county animal control and let them deal with the dogs. Explicitly state you'd like to see them get re-homed, and they'll do what they can to line up proper shelters. I don't know if you're in El Paso county or not, but Springs is really goddamn strict about animals and if any of those dogs are out of date on vaccines, you could easily see animal control collect them and fine the owners. And if the dogs get loose, make a note of the day/time and you can have them cited for an unleashed animal.

Dogs are great. People loving suck. And I say that after getting bit pretty good last week by an unleashed dog that got hit by a truck. Dog didn't know any better because his masters are dumber than a sack full of dildos.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ugh selling used poo poo on OfferUp/craigslist gently caress off I don't want to trade dude, even put that in the posts not they read them

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think you're fine either way, although a lot of Asus's are wrt linux based, so you can flash them with a superior dd-wrt, tomato et. al ROM. Nice thing is you can slave those flashed routers so you've got wifi in remote areas, if needed. So obviously, my vote would be with that router. Mainly posted to :thumbsup: your name change.

I flashed dd-wrt on my last Asus router when their firmware was complete garbage but I can't see the point to do it now? The firmware seems decent and theirs a cool app that you can use to connect to it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Trying to explain to my brother that fluorine is a naturally occurring element and not some Monsanto derived chemical compound is like punching myself in the balls. I even linked the periodic table and wiki entry on fluorine to him. His reply?

"Calcium fluoride is fine, it's hyrdofluoronic acid that's bad for you and dumped into the water supply and in your toothpaste."

Fine. Whatever. Lose your teeth and have brittle bones because you're a dumbass that bought a water filter to remove fluoride from your tap water. Stupid fucker doesn't realize it literally dilutes to almost nothing when it hits water and the hydrogen fucks off to play with oxygen.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

But how else will he protect his precious bodily fluids?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At this point, I don't know what to think he believes.

I would literally take the word of a random conspiracy theorist on the street (or in my VA doctor's office) than from him regarding anything beyond his job and his kids, and even those are close calls.

How why the gently caress I'm even related to such dipshittery is beyond me. Thank gently caress I got a brain out of all these poo poo genetics.

E: comparably, I mean. He's only a step or two above being a mental vegetable and had to be waivered into the army on account of his poo poo asvab score, something less than 30.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 31, 2016

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
SUPER MALE VITALITY

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's times like these I'm so loving happy to be 1200 miles away from his crazy.

and when I do have to talk to him, I do it in between hits from a joint.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
From my experience a high asvab does not necessarily make you smart, but getting an asvab waiver to get in the army guarantees a spectacular strain of dumb.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, asvab isn't be all end all on intelligence, but tends to say you're smart at least in something, which you can find out from the line scores. To flat out bomb the asvab to the point of waiver is nuts, but Bush had some wars going and uncle sam told him to go commo and run wire or reinstall windows all day, so he mostly ran wire and served as a driver for his plt leader.

But holy poo poo is he a shocking level of dumb.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Grand Tour is finally good. The past 4 episodes including tonight have been fantastic. Shaky start.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Trying to explain to my brother that fluorine is a naturally occurring element and not some Monsanto derived chemical compound is like punching myself in the balls. I even linked the periodic table and wiki entry on fluorine to him. His reply?

"Calcium fluoride is fine, it's hyrdofluoronic acid that's bad for you and dumped into the water supply and in your toothpaste."

Fine. Whatever. Lose your teeth and have brittle bones because you're a dumbass that bought a water filter to remove fluoride from your tap water. Stupid fucker doesn't realize it literally dilutes to almost nothing when it hits water and the hydrogen fucks off to play with oxygen.

It looks spooky on paper but people don't care to account for the concentrated amount that's toxic not the minuscule we get. Someone more savvy can explain. It's like being worried about big deadly Japanese radiation on the West coast even though we're exposed to more daily anyways. Does he believe in chemtrails too? They usually go hand in hand

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lol, hydrofluoric acid is not in anything except lab bottles because it's deadly as gently caress.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

This gives me an excuse to post a classic:

http://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2010/02/23/things_i_wont_work_with_dioxygen_difluoride

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just saw Clarkson pull a wheelie in his buggie. This episode is great.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's no explaining science of much form to my idiot brother. Everyone's just hoping he doesn't gently caress up the good thing he has now. I'm.... hesitant.

That's a great read. Streng, holy poo poo, what a professional quality lunatic.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
The foof thread is absolutely an amazing read

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

New bed for the wife (and children invaders). King is retarded large. I'm not happy about how much room it's taking up.

She's letting me buy a 65 inch TV to make me less grumpy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
As a renter, I'll sell you out to the landlord for any of the following things:

1) you're a messy motherfucker. For example:

2) you're loud as poo poo beyond reason. You don't need to leave your car stereo blasting while you go back inside because you forgot your cellphone or forgot to take a dump or something.

However, I'll usually voice my concern to the individual face to face before I tattle.

Other than that, I don't really care what you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Stultus Maximus posted:

lol, hydrofluoric acid is not in anything except lab bottles because it's deadly as gently caress.

I was reading through a DoE handbook on materials science the other day at work, and it recommended not using flourinated oils in equipment handling tritium because "tritium fluoride evolution may occur".

Tritium fluoride sounds like fun stuff.

• Locked thread