Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Can you imagine how this wojld go down if they were black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

drilldo squirt posted:

Police would have already been at every planned protest area with full riot gear to corral them into a corner and arrest them for "resisting arrest."

They threw pennies at a courthouse, that would have got five or six different destruction of property charges thrown at them.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 3, 2016

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

Now I kinda want those Black Panther guys to occupy a closed down library or something and emulate every tweet and video coming out of Oregon - except about real problems.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

god speed soldier :patriot:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

god speed soldier :patriot:

Not a Soldier.

but lol that video. Some vaguely accurate transcriptions:

"i wanna die a free man"

"i swore to fight all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC"

"begging with the sheriffs for hours, trying to educate them... that his is the supreme law of the land"

"a sheriff that is supposed to protect his people, now have an outside enemy coming to oppress his people and he is not going to stand with them"

"stewart rhodes, the founder of oathkeeps... by your logic i guess we shouldnt offer any su,pport to veterans that want to commit suicide, just let them load their nine mil, because its their right"

"out here in hardy county oregon this used to be one of the most thriving economies"

"what happened? the federal government, an oppressive force comes in, and some kids, they get *pfwaw* college degrees, never got their hands dirty, and get a job for the BLM"

"I'm out here trying to win the hearts and minds of people"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
A literal skinhead crying about the government, that's a good look for this movement.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:lol: this loving dude.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Obviously I don't support Cliven Bundy and his gang of gun-toting assholes, who are going to get someone killed, but the ranchers in question still ought to be sentenced to the jail time that the judge originally saw fit to give them, not given a 5-year mandatory minimum for breaking a terrorism statute.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Sucrose posted:

Obviously I don't support Cliven Bundy and his gang of gun-toting assholes, who are going to get someone killed, but the ranchers in question still ought to be sentenced to the jail time that the judge originally saw fit to give them, not given a 5-year mandatory minimum for breaking a terrorism statute.

Right I was just noticing this. Ignoring the militia context here, it seems kind of bullshit to order someone back to jail after they've served their sentence.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sucrose posted:

Worth noting that the ranchers being charged with terrorism (ridiculously imo) don't even want the support of the Bundy gang.

quote:

A lawyer for the Hammonds said, however, they did not welcome the Bundys’ help, according to The Associated Press.

“Neither Ammon Bundy nor anyone within his group/organization speak for the Hammond family,” the lawyer, W. Alan Schroeder, wrote to David Ward, the Harney County sheriff

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/03/us/oregon-ranchers-will-return-to-prison-angering-far-right-activists.html

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

nigga needs to get to the point

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
Goon alert:

https://twitter.com/DandelionDollar/status/683537901980762112

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Already had a facebook friend claim that this whole thing is another false flag to make it easier to ban guns.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

this guy was put under fbi alert after he threatened a muslim community in upstate new york

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...fter-fbi-alert-

this is going to end real well

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Wooten posted:

Already had a facebook friend claim that this whole thing is another false flag to make it easier to ban guns.

why are you friends with idiots

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

This is definitely going to end differently than the Bundy Ranch. They aren't on their own property, they're in federal buildings. They'll at least be removed from the buildings, my guess is with a long waiting out period and maybe some tear gas. They seem to have left the women and children behind, hopefully they rectify that so they can cry about them getting tear gassed.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kazak_Hstan posted:

why are you friends with idiots

they're probably his family

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
I know to never read the comments.

but loving hell.

Someone dared shake the lunatic tree.

quote:

Matisaro 3 hours ago
gently caress you redneck traitor.

And for his trouble. . .

quote:

Crusader D 2 hours ago
+Matisaro YOU are the terrorist, you obama cocksucking coward. kill yourself

quote:

MrAnomilus 1 hour ago
+Matisaro
Rednecks feed your worthless rear end.
One day we won't.
Then what will you do?
See you in the bread line, worthless piece of crap.

quote:

CR H 1 hour ago
+Matisaro You must be a drat liberal you STUPID rear end hole. You have no idea what you are saying to these brave men and woman. I have you know right now if you were standing any where near me and saying this you would have 10 kinds of kick rear end on your numb rear end ignorant minded rear end. You sir are an rear end. So shut it.

I think he has some sort of fascination with :butt:.

quote:

Ben Garrison 5 minutes ago
+Matisaro Into the ovens.

I think this is a troll. Ben Garrison has long been painted as an anti-semite.

quote:

Jodi Goswellen 1 hour ago
+William Bouley ,Amen!
He's a man who cares and has guts...
our EVIL POS DEMONS are out to destroy everything!
WAKE UP AMERICA or kiss it all goodbye.
agenda21 is in full swing, we are at WAR...STAND UP and FIGHT BACK!

True believer, or Poe's law in action? We will never know.

I legit believe that if a democrat wins the presidency in 2016 there'll be a load of 'pure christian' terrorists popping up all over the country.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Grem posted:

This is definitely going to end differently than the Bundy Ranch. They aren't on their own property, they're in federal buildings. They'll at least be removed from the buildings, my guess is with a long waiting out period and maybe some tear gas. They seem to have left the women and children behind, hopefully they rectify that so they can cry about them getting tear gassed.

I don't know. These guys are really insane (see above video) and I'm not sure they will ignore and wait it out after being gassed. I'm sure they stocked up on masks too.

E-Tank posted:

I know to never read the comments.

This one made me laugh:

quote:

Jon Ram 1 hour ago
These redneck reality shows are getting out of hand!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 3, 2016

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

JFairfax posted:

they're probably his family

Unfortunately.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MOS 1488 Combat Racist

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
I could see this ending potentially badly but it won't rub everyone the wrong way as Ruby Ridge/Waco because of the lack of some ingredients mentioned above i.e. family and kids, religiosity and the private property last castle element.

Everyone remembers ruby ridge as feds showing up on some deep rural property and shooting a woman and son in cult member cloth clothing, following some kind of intrigue and mistakes by the government.

This on the face of it is more like a seize by surprise that could just as well get surprise gassed and shot up and remembered as a bunch of guys getting shot and meh

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

They're also talking about seizing a firehouse sitting vacant for the season. Given that their numbers have been reported anywhere from 6 to 150, that could be interesting.

When I was driving through Eastern Oregon in November, saw a couple of Confederate flags prominently flying and one town was having a "citizen awareness" meeting. So they may find a couple of people to join their crusade. I don't really get the throwing of pennies, is this something I would have to be a sovereign citizen screaming about fringe on the flag to understand?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jacobin posted:

I could see this ending potentially badly but it won't rub everyone the wrong way as Ruby Ridge/Waco because of the lack of some ingredients mentioned above i.e. family and kids, religiosity and the private property last castle element.

Everyone remembers ruby ridge as feds showing up on some deep rural property and shooting a woman and son in cult member cloth clothing, following some kind of intrigue and mistakes by the government.

This on the face of it is more like a seize by surprise that could just as well get surprise gassed and shot up and remembered as a bunch of guys getting shot and meh

I agree but I'm really unhappy about this whole thing because I don't think anything will happen for another month or so. I'm impatient in my lust for white death.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Jet Jaguar posted:

They're also talking about seizing a firehouse sitting vacant for the season. Given that their numbers have been reported anywhere from 6 to 150, that could be interesting.

When I was driving through Eastern Oregon in November, saw a couple of Confederate flags prominently flying and one town was having a "citizen awareness" meeting. So they may find a couple of people to join their crusade. I don't really get the throwing of pennies, is this something I would have to be a sovereign citizen screaming about fringe on the flag to understand?

When I was in eighth grade some friends and I threw pennies at a girl and called her a "penny whore." I bet this is like that.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
I know the feds will probably be responsible about this, but these are loving terrorists- the gloves need to come off.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/hammond-v-united-states/

The statement of the case sections of the petition and response contain what appear to be reasonable synopses of the case. At least, they converge on most of the salient facts (other than whether the Hammonds were illegally hunting).

Whatever sympathy anyone has for them over the severity of the sentence or seeming triviality of the offense should note they were explicitly warned to stop starting fires without coordinating with BLM in 1999, two years prior to the first fire for which they were charged.

Whether they started a fire to cover up illegal hunting or not, the 2006 fire in which they started fired beneath wildland firefighters camped on a butte seems worth the five years. That's a really good way to get people killed.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Grem posted:

I agree but I'm really unhappy about this whole thing because I don't think anything will happen for another month or so. I'm impatient in my lust for white death.

Yes, me also. Montel Williams liked my thoughts on this and also someone else

Only registered members can see post attachments!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xandu posted:

I wouldn't assume so. The US has a history of shooting crazy armed white men who barricade themselves in.

Yea, but that was before the current media climate.

And I meant that wingnut welfare rewards people who do stuff like this, unless one of them gets twitchy and actually starts shooting, then they'll disavow them or claim they were a Liberal plant.

Cliven Bundy was a long Obama con from the start!

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

There was a time when open and armed insurrection against the government would be crushed and the leaders hung. Now they'll be treated with kit gloves and get book and TV deals out of it because of the power of the nutjob media.

And this poo poo still gets recycled on gun forums to fulfill their paranoid fantasies about the government.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If we want to start conspiracy theories, let's ask if these people have been in touch with the Trump campaign.

I hope these people are arrested peacefully and do a stint in the pokey for stealing.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Well this looks like an act of terror to me, send in Delta.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Waco is on point.

These people seem to think there is nothing wrong with setting poo poo on fire.

So, set them on fire.

wiregrind
Jun 26, 2013

these insane people are just waiting at any excuse to jump out and load their guns. Are they the same oathkeepers that tried to "protect" the people in black communities when they had their protests?
Like crazy people, in their minds they probably think they are martyr heroes and don't realize how hard they are loving up.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Jacobin posted:

Even your pretty good summary of Ruby Ridge doesn't really qualify how hosed up it was.

The feds tried to flip a crazy end times fanatic into rolling on a bunch of white supremacists by arresting him for making sawed-off shotguns just under the legal limit (that they asked for). When he told them to go gently caress themselves they issued him a summons. They hosed up the date of the summons and he didn't show (he probably wouldn't have shown for the real one either). There was a lot of loving around on and near his property, but in the end rather than send police to his house to try and arrest him, they had an FBI special unit go onto his property as part of some scouting bullshit. There are conflicting stories but the most likely one is that the dog smelled the agents, the agents shot the dog then eventually his young son as well in the ensuing firefight

An officer got caught in the crossfire there, so the FBI/ATF/Alphabet Soup is officially raring to go. They surround his compound (shack) for several days and end up shooting and killing his wife and seriously wounding both Randall (the owner) and Kevin (A Family Friend). The sniper who shot these people did so under these rules of engagement:

quote:

If any adult male is observed with a weapon prior to the announcement, deadly force can and should be employed, if the shot can be taken without endangering any children.
If any adult in the compound is observed with a weapon after the surrender announcement is made, and is not attempting to surrender, deadly force can and should be employed to neutralize the individual.
If compromised by any animal, particularly the dogs, that animal should be eliminated.
Any subjects other than Randall Weaver, Vicki Weaver, Kevin Harris, presenting threats of death or grievous bodily harm, the FBI rules of deadly force are in effect. Deadly force can be utilized to prevent the death or grievous bodily injury to oneself or that of another

That right there is loving crazy. The first rule is basically "If an adult male is on the property and armed, shoot him" the last rule is worded more or less specifically to allow them to shoot the children if they need to.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Oh look they've been up to this same bullshit and threatening government agents for decades

http://www.hcn.org/issues/20/582

im shocked

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Thought experiment: if the Bundy clan had done this while wearing balaclavas and waving an ISIS flag, exactly how dead would they be right now?

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

skaboomizzy posted:

Thought experiment: if the Bundy clan had done this while wearing balaclavas and waving an ISIS flag, exactly how dead would they be right now?

Maybe not dead yet but there would be a mainstream media outlet declaring the need for their death, yes

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

skaboomizzy posted:

They would have been blown to hamburger with a predator drone about 10 minutes after they occupied the cabin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

skaboomizzy posted:

I am not sure but it's interesting to wonder if they would be more or less dead if they were black or ISIS or White

• Locked thread