Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Talkc posted:

Apparently taking over a federal building doesn't count as looting it. I hope someone has tabs on whatever is in the "building". If they take something better go after them!

CNN/ABC/etc. are still calling them protesters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Man Whore posted:

Actually Oregon has open-carry so unless they start using those guns, yes it is.
Do you think the Black Panthers were terrorists too?

I don't, but the government sure does:

http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2013/01/black_panthers_and_gun_control_the_nras_flip_flop.html

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Well, no, because they probably won't let cattle graze, mining companies work, and lumber companies come in.

Freedom.

I saw one of the interviews and most of the guys there literally don't even know Native Americans exist.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Are they fringed?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I wish more cashiers asked for my ID when using a card.

Credit card companies (American Express in particular) request that retailers don't ask for ID at all because this isn't really how credit card theft works. There will always be people who grab a card and try to go on a spending spree for cheap stuff but in general today most of the people who would do this are actually purchasing credit card information from other sources rather than grabbing a physical card. So what happens is they work up a fake card to use that has the stolen information on it. But the fake card will have THEIR name and if they have a good press their picture on it too so asking for an ID will actually make it more convincing. People using fake cards will often be thrilled to show an ID because it lets them keep talking and trying to distract the person from ringing them out for noticing how the expiration date or a digit or two that shows up on the register doesn't match the card that was just swiped and other little things that would make it obvious. I worked as a retail manager for fifteen years and I will say that from about 2006 on, asking for an ID has been the least important way to consistently tell if someone is screwing around.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 2, 2016

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

"Friend tarp," Cliven said in wonder, kneeling over a blue tarp laid flat in the snow. "Is this the tarp from which Lavoy launched the second American Revolution?"

The weary man fell forward to embrace his friend's legacy. And kept falling. Down down, six feet, eight, rear end over end. With a thud he looked up to see the rim of the pit the tarp had covered. And standing at its edge, David Ward. The Sheriff. With a shovel in his hand.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Not before beating them into submission to see your point of view and making them "one of the good ones" :v: .

I should stop before I ruin one of my favorite movies. :smith:

Yeah don't think about it too much, just shut up and put on the (rose tinted) glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

They may not have visited but......

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2016/02/23/3752342/bundy-copycat-bills-public-lands/

• Locked thread