Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

blowfish posted:

And thus, the proportionate response would be to have a squadron of B52s level the area.

Maybe they could send The B-52s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Lars Blitzer posted:

I think it's because if they acknowledge it, then it gives them some sort of validation. You can be sure the SovCit shitheels are researching the poo poo out of what it is they're about, really, if only to get a handle on "That one weird trick that shuts the police down!" Year before last we here in Canada had some of the crazy trickle northward (along with ammosexuals/2nd Amendment assholes, so thanks for that) and the CBC had a couple segments aired talking about it, since not too many people knew about them.

If you (general you, and not just Lars Blitzer) have the time, an Alberta judge published a lengthy decision on the case I think Lars is referencing that outlines a lot of what the legal system deals with with these SovCit types.

quote:

February 15, 2011: Mr. Meads filed a one page notarized document, printed in black and red ink, and marked with what may be a red thumb print. It also bears postage stamps in three corners on front and back, and includes various declarations including that “::dennis-larry:meads::” is a “living flesh and blood sentient-man”, a postmaster general, and that Barb Petryk, a clerk of the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, is appointed his fiduciary and is liable for “all financial damages and bodily harm against myself ::dennis-larry:: of the meads-family::”.

Mr. Meads then purports to “...do here and now Adjourn this instant matter until further notice, from my office.”

March 3, 2011: Mr. Meads filed a second one page notarized document, in black, red, orange, and blue ink. Again, it has unusual formalities such as a red thumb print. This document is directed to “Audrey Hardwick/AUDREY HARDWICK BEING A CORPORATE ENTITY”, and in part is a “Notice for a Cease and Desist” in “Enticement in Slavery”, that threatens criminal charges, and “FULL COMMERCIAL LIABILITY AND YOUR UNLIMITED CIVIL LIABILITY”. This one is signed “:::dennis-larry:: of the meads-family:::”.

I liked how by the second filing he added more colons to his name. The first spelling with two sets of colons on either side didn't work? BETTER ADD ANOTHER SET!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I know I'm pages behind but since when does the mainstream or fringe right flock behind calm, rational sounding talkers. If the Bundys talked like Donald Trump they'd probably have his amount of supporters behind them

A person who can argue their insane position in a calm and rational manner, as the sane person grows more and more frustrated and exhausted, is also considered to be a "smarter" and therefore "more correct" person. It's a tone argument, rather than a content argument. As much as the fringe-right loves fiery demagogues, they also recognize the value of winning debates. It's the reason certain media types always challenge dissidents to live debates, because they know they'll have a chance of discredit their opponents on a more formal stage.

Basically this.

Generally, one does not debate an idea that has no merit, because it automatically elevates that idea to the same level as the idea that does have merit. It's like two people debating weight loss techniques: one says proper diet and exercise is the best way to lose weight, the other says cutting off your right leg is the best way, because you'll shed a bunch of weight in whole numbers really quickly. The second position is insane, but putting it up against the first position in a formal debate elevates it to the same level as the sane position.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I don't know if I would go so far as to say most of these people are mentally ill in a medication-needing way. I think many of them are just desperate for some level of control in their lives, and were duped by hucksters selling them the illusion of the control they crave. People who are otherwise mentally healthy fall for scams all the time. It happens. I think a bit of Sunk Costs comes into play, too, where they've spent so much time filing these documents, and so much money on courses and seminars from the aforementioned hucksters that they just have to believe it'll work soon.

It's like MLM, only they're bothering the court system instead of their friends and family. MLM schemes promise wealth and the comforts it creates, if they only believe in the product. The people who get rich off of MLM schemes are the ones selling the motivational books and DVDs and who hold the $500 a ticket seminars in stadiums on how to be successful by selling magic soap or some bullshit. The people selling the soap rarely break even.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Ammon: Ok, we've had a lot of trouble with this occupation before, but I think we can do it this time . Pete, what are our odds?

Pete Santilli: I'm coming up with a 13.333 (repeating of course) chance of our survival.

Ammon: ok, what is Lavoy doing?

Pete Santilli: he appears to be idling under his blue tarp.

Ammon: Jesus....ok well I know he needs some drops from this occupation. I'll go in first and cast " Open Carry Patriot Intimidating Shout" and if we try and pull them one by one we should.....

Lavoy Finnicum: what's what chums lets do this. LAVVOOOOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKINS
*stands up, rushes FBI blockade*

Ammon : did he just run into the fed raid?

Pete Santilli: GOD DAMMIT LAVOY

*tpk*

That's a loving 50 DKP minus!

WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT poo poo?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

happyhippy posted:

That, or negoiate the surrender of the Feds/gov, and the Feds/gov will recieve a fair trial and execution for being traitors.

"If we stay out here long enough, they're bound to see our determination and devotion to The Constitution and they'll learn the error of their ways and hand the entire government back to The People... Just a few more hours and it'll happen."

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Armani posted:

RIGHT SIDE MANY FEDS HANDLE IT

You are going to protest very, very slowly.

And by slowly, I mean loving slow.

If you get arrested, it means you're going to lose 50 Patriot Points, 'cause you didn't know what the gently caress to do.

When it gets into Phase 2 you want to take the government down as fast as poss-i-ble. Nuke it as hard as poss-i-ble.

You'll have plenty of time to rest in Phase 3 while I'm becoming the President.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Internet Webguy posted:

You realize who we are talking about, right? Stupid farm people.

Also if this whole continuing situation isn't the perfect definition of white privilege, I have no idea what is. When you attempt sedition and just expect to be let go peacefully, you have not had much experience with law enforcement.

The conversation that's being had over Finicum's death is the correct conversation to have about police use of deadly force. The fact that people want to know exactly what happened, what was said, who shot when, etc., that they want sound on the aerial video, and bodycam video as well, is all a necessary part of ensuring transparency among law enforcement agents who have used their guns to kill a suspect.

It's what Black Lives Matter has been asking for since the movement started. It's a conversation they want the nation to have.

That it took the killing of an openly hostile white guy to prompt that conversation among certain conservative elements is pretty much white privilege.txt

I'm sure there are reasons why this particular use of deadly force against an armed white man was totally unjustified, while all the rest used against unarmed black men/boys are 100% justifiable, but ensuring honesty and transparency in law enforcement can at least be a noble end goal.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, what? "This guy died being arrested so Obama should carpet bomb civilians in Iraq and Syria." Did I interpret that right?

Thank God that woman is no longer a relevant person.

No, you've got it backwards. She's implying Obama cares more about the lives of foreign Muslims than the lives of REAL AMERICAN PATRIOTS because Lavoy went and got himself shot, and the policy on dealing with daesh has been primarily to target infrastructure and known militant positions while limiting civilian casualties, because civilian casualties are what daesh wants.

It's just a continuation of the secret Muslim thing.

Electing a black guy really broke a lot of brains, didn't it?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Geostomp posted:

They really, really need to turn Finicum into a martyr so they can find some way to salvage this month-long stupidity into a "victory". Also, racism.

It's been really interesting to watch the narrative around him constantly shift to fit the immediate need. At first, he was shot while on his knees, with his hands in the air - that was based on "eyewitness accounts" as told through Cliven Bundy, right? Then, details emerge that he had run the roadblock and almost hit an officer (this was still before the video), so then it was that the feds shot first and it spooked him and he tried to escape. Then the video comes out, and now we've got the "he was reaching for a wound" and "his gun was at the refuge".

If we ever get bodycam and/or sound of the encounter, and it turns out that the wounding theory is a lie, I'm interested to know how their interpretation of events will immediately change and be broadcast to all like-minded patriots to parrot on social media comments.

By the way, on the wounding thing - I've read enough news articles about deadly force to know that one of the first things many people ask is "why didn't they just shoot him in the leg?" to which the reply is usually along the lines of "in a tense situation, you can't guarantee that kind of accuracy" or "police are trained to shoot to kill once a situation escalates to the point where a discharge is considered justified." In other words, the entire idea that they had this plan to expertly hit Finicum in the side, in order to make him reflexively reach toward his side, which could then be interpreted as "he's got a gun", justifying the use of deadly force, is all just more imaginary movie gun bullshit - at least in my opinion. Like, what a ridiculous plan! What if he didn't exit the vehicle, or the shot intending to wound missed its mark and hit him in the arm or foot, or even killed him? What if it missed entirely? Why would they need to invent some kind of bizarre plot that required precise, expert aim and timing?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Jesus loving christ this stuff is painful to read;

I agree with Prester Jane that reality has no impact in their narrative. This person is questioning whether the feds at the roadblock knew they were being filmed??!? Who does Angelo think was filming this? A PATRIOT AIRCREW in an invisible plane or something? Maybe a PATRIOT CIVILIAN DRONE or something.

I'm kind of surprised that the FBI hasn't release photographs of the vehicle to show bullet holes (or the lack thereof) just to shut off this stupid speculation. There is a certain amount of chatter on the III% sites about getting people with cameras to the location of the impounded truck to take pictures of the "hundreds of bullet holes" and poo poo like that. No results yet of course.

Maybe the FBI also figures that the militia types will never believe anything they say anyway, so why even bother trying to refute their invented conspiracies when they'll just turn on a dime to invent a new one in the face of new evidence?

Like, let's say they show pictures of the vehicle and it isn't riddled with bullet holes? Someone will just point out some minor, almost imperceptible detail that "proves" it's not the real car.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

The video isn't to convince the true believers, it's to stop anyone else from buying their story.

Yes, I gathered as much, but when the story changes, at what point do the police stop trying to outdo the true believers? Like I said, if they had bodycam footage with sound, and it turns out Finicum was only shot the once, then the story about the wound is no longer valid, so they'd have to change that and come up with something else. Or do the police figure the wounding theory is unbelievable enough that it'll never stand up to any real scrutiny, so at this point why bother?

I get that the aerial footage was important to outdo the "hands in the air, on his knees" story that first started bleeding through, but as soon as this was out, it was almost an instantaneous turn to invent a new reason why this happened.

Hasn't this guy been doing whatever the gently caress he wants on the land with zero effective consequences whatsoever? Wasn't that what the whole thing a couple of years ago was all about?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

happyhippy posted:

If only Hitler said that, that he was just camping OUTSIDE of France and not actually occupying it.

Hilter was not occupying France anymore than it should be.

Like, what does that last line mean? We aren't occupying it anymore than it should be. It should be occupied, but they aren't occupying it more than necessary?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

There's gotta be someone there on Periscope right now.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

I really hope the people who actually live in Burns and want these nuts to go away get some kind of recourse soon, because this looks scary as all hell. It's really unfair that a lot of perfectly innocent people have to be poo poo on by these nutters simply because their town happens to be the place they've decided to turn into their hill to quite possibly literally die on.

That having been said,

quote:

If you are the ORIII% this is your time to step out from behind your computer screen, and/or your cell phone. This is the time to actually put you and that COOL t-shirt you bought out there and stand up. We have people, including myself, who have stepped up and assisted and/or have been directly involved in this opperation and others. I find a great deal of frustration in the fact that I see so many people putting memes up, saying III%4life, and buying T-shirts to prove it, yet never leaving their house to do, or support REAL III% ops, or even trying to co-op with one another in order to get enough fuel money to get to any action besides a m&g. Or bit chin because a range day is beneath them due to it not being a door bustin excercise. As Security and Tactical lead for this state I must see if you have the fundamental principles of firearms operations, along with the ability to follow instructions before I'll trust you in an intimate live fire senario, non the less a real life situation, anyone else who is serious about this and has experience with real life (not call of duty experience) totally agree on this. Bottom line is, it's high time to get off your butt and do something. Excuses are old, if you want to call yourself III% be III% get to Burns and/or support what needs to be done in order that we get our nation back into the hands of the people. There is a job for every skillset and a true need for all skillsets, even people who are disabled have a place, but only if they actually have a desire to make a difference and be REAL III%. I don't want to see a bunch of likes or BS responses, I want to see people become active. Get in touch with your zone leadership, get involved. We need to make some noise. We have 1500 members and about 3% of those claiming to be the III% act as much or more than they talk.

:mmmhmm: I kind of like that only 3% of the III% actually wants to get off their Rascals and make the trip.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Cliven did actually lead a charge of the occupiers during the standoff at his ranch. He's been willing to risk that sort of thing in the past.

Was he actually calling the shots there, in the sens of actually organizing militias and such? I thought a bunch of different groups just showed up and started acting like they were his bodyguards or something.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Have they actually thought out an end goal in all of this? What happens if they get what they want? I mean, I know they won't, but for argument's sake, let's say the federal government throws its hands up, downloads all federal land to the State, or even to the County, and all the public servants they want gone up and leave.

Then what?

Does Cliven Bundy move there and become Rancher and Cowboy (capitalized proper nouns, apparently) Supreme? Do they say, "you're welcome" all sarcastically to the people who never asked for this and move on to the next county or state and do this again? Are they going to "liberate" every national park and wildlife reserve in the country?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Alkydere posted:

And then the townfolk showed up and started counter-protesting. And some of the III%-ers (again, all fuckers who drove here to protest) had the lack of self awareness to speculate that the counter-protesters weren't mostly locals who were tired of this batshit lunacy but were instead bussed in by the evil gubmint for photo-ops.

There is not an ironicat big enough for these out-of-Staters thinking that the counter protests are filled up with peopled who were "bused in" to make the opposition look bigger. The citizens of Burns have been telling the militias to go home back when this was about a couple of guys peacefully agreeing to serve the rest of a jail sentence that a judge had previously, illegally, not given them. The dudes who prompted this entire loving debacle wanted nothing to do with these fucks, and no one else in the town does either, but they're so convinced that what they're doing is what The People want.

Are the residents of Burns not The People? Are they They The People and not We The People? Didn't Harney County elect its leaders lawfully before this happened? Wouldn't that mean this is who The People want?

:psyduck:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Kro-Bar posted:

Being a veteran is like being a real-life superhero to many Americans. And just like superheroes, when it comes to homelessness they don't need any of our drat help to get off the streets. Get a job, Superman!

Hey Bob, Supe had a straight job.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Pixelboy posted:

I may have been the only person to catch this.

What's the counter sign?

"Even though he coulda smashed through any bank in the united states"

Boy, he had the strength, but he would not. ;)

"I Tarpman, you Jane."

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Two shares, both of which are making fun of the post. "Fuckers need more gummy dicks."

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Knight posted:

That's why the post was "varified" :downs:
I thought it was just a typo because he was writing with one hand ("...my hands palmed the rosewood grips...")

:bahgawd: Ammosexuality is a perfectly legitimate orientation and The Constitution doesn't expressly forbid a man from marrying his guns.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

Making it completely impossible to do literally anything in Burns and securing the undying hatred of the entire community?

No, you see, they will be greeted as liberators!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

The cardboard RIP sign really did it for me. You couldn't get some paint to write RIP LaVoy on the cross you built? Hell, even one of those big Sharpies would probably suffice.

I wonder how many of the people involved in this actually care beyond the mild showing of effort here to put up this memorial. This looks more like bandwagon jumping than any real dedication.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Spoony bards :argh:

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Out of the way, Pecks!

"Get outta here, or we'll cook ya!"

• Locked thread