Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Maybe you should not post people's personal Facebook pages in this thread?

Yeah, let's not shame these guys publicly attaching their names to statements on open facebook pages. That would be rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

zeal posted:

I'm starting to come around to the False Flag hypothesis. There's no way these guys gear up for LARP on this scale and fail to bring beef jerky

They ate it on the way up there.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Yes, that is indeed what you are saying. I understand perfectly well that the outcome of the first "protest" informed their decision to start the second and not that they just happened to be there by coincidence.

You're getting low effort trolled real hard right now.

Anyway, I think we should probably just wait it out, but blockade the roads, and then arrest people when they leave.

Thanks for reading my post, I hope you enjoyed it.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's not even that he thinks he has an outstanding warrant but that he thinks "the FBI" have issued one for his arrest (and four others for ???) because he's trespassing on federal land.

I love the just absolute cowardice of this guy. He's out there under a tarp so the FBI knows where he is and doesn't shoot him if they raid the place. He's even pretty clearly broadcasting his desire to flip on the other militiamen by saying he'll do whatever it takes to stay out of a "concrete box" while being out in the open and where everyone else can see him and knows where he is.

He's the most cowardly of a group of cowards. It's amazing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

:words: SEXUAL ASSAULT :words:

you are consistently the worst poster in this and all threads you participate in. Why are you so eager to be offended over literally anything anyone says?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Hmmm yes take quotes without any context

The person I was replying to was literally saying these guys should be shot because he didnt think they were standing for a brighter future. If thats ok then the fbi massacring every future left wing protest is also ok cause right wing people will disagree.

My book on the table 2-3m from any food or cages sure probably smelt more like food than the cages.

You're such a bad poster that theflyingorc is trying to talk you down, and s/he seems like the reasonable one. Just think about that for a few minutes.

Your contributions are utterly worthless and without merit, to the point that that literal archivists who work with these sorts of things have come into the thread and told you that you are wrong, and all you can do is mash your face against the keyboard talking about 'one time I had a rat chew up a novel that was sitting next to a bird cage and another time some old records got chewed up by rats." The boxes aren't chewed, the boxes have been there for a while, the very fact that the boxes and bags are intact despite potentially having some rat poop near/on them shows that the rats are uninterested. Please, just take like 12 seconds and think through what you're writing before deciding to throw it out for everyone to see. The last time you came into the thread you were whining that someone posted a screencapture of a public facebook page without blanking names of people who decided to post their opinions to the public. Do you even consider things like 'context' or 'facts' when deciding to post, or are you just using a collection of half remembered anecdotes and gut feelings in order to try and convince people that you're right for reasons?

edit: Uh, accidental page snipe. Oops.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

About a week ago a video was posted of "Mama Bear" showing off their food supplies. They had sometbing like 500 poumfs of potatoes and tons of mear and canned goods. They probably have enough food that all the fresh stuff will rot long before it can be eaten. I don't think they can never starved out.

For all we know, the FBI spent this time either getting the ranches that are attached to the same power supply set up with generators or convincing the people in them to leave for a little while. It's entirely possible that now that things are happening, the FBI cuts the power and lets the Oregon winter set in hard.

It's also possible that the FBI has entirely different plans that are beyond the scope of our knowledge. We'll have to see.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The FBI surely won't notice this, it will remain secured. There's no way they'll intercept these packages.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

kartikeya posted:

He didn't claim an angel called Moroni told him to move west. The Mormon exodus to Utah was the result of a whooole lot of ugly turmoil in which they were driven out of several states. Originally Joseph Smith wanted to 'build Zion' in Missouri. The angel Moroni was pretty exclusively involved in the stories of the translation of the Book of Mormon and events surrounding the golden plates Smith claimed to have been led to (by said angel).

I'm not looking to poo poo up this thread, but since it's been stated this way several times, here's a few major incidents that lead to leaving for the territory that became Utah:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haun's_Mill_massacre

(For the record, some of my ancestors were at Haun's Mill)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missouri_Executive_Order_44

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Mormon_War

These conflicts weren't black and white (a lot of detail on reasons why this happened and what Mormons did to provoke it are at that last link), they were messy and people on both sides did some pretty ugly things, but the tendency to just kind've ignore this entire series of events happened and sum it up as 'well they just wanted polygamy and the government wouldn't let them!' (an earlier post in this thread) or 'Joseph Smith just said an angel told him to' or (I saw this all the time in school history books) 'Mormons faced persecution so they went to Utah also Brigham Young the end' is a personal irritant of mine.

Viewing it more harshly is fine. It sounds kooky as hell, though I'd argue most religions do if you haven't personally grown up knowing about them. I'm going to roll my eyes a bit at 'oh noes cult' poo poo because that word has almost lost all meaning with how often it's been used, but people are entitled to their opinions, and I welcome them. I draw the line at 'every single one of the roughly fourteen million members of this religion are either perpetrators (of what, he hasn't been clear) or poor hapless victims that gosh darn it clearly can't make their own decisions about what flavor of omnipotent beings they want to believe in', because, as previously mentioned, that's condescending as gently caress on a personal level. One is certainly allowed to be condescending as gently caress on Something Awful dot Com, but he needs to own that poo poo, not try to couch it in some brave truth telling nonsense.

I admit, it's also a little tiring to see every thread regarding the Malheur occupation (not just here, comments on every single article, pretty much) attribute all of their weird nuttery to Mormonism because three or four dudes (that we know of, there could of course have been others) that were prominent leaders are Mormon (you know, in spite of the LDS church saying 'we don't hold with this fuckery'). But I get that people are curious and unfamiliar and generally don't know, which is why I've been trying to clarify where/when I can. It's also pretty funny that the Federal judge handling their case right now was brought up as being Mormon, and then that topic was immediately dropped once it became clear he, shockingly, does not support Sovereign Citizens taking over Federal lands and waving guns even if they share a religion.

Your religion, like all religions, stands on faith and belief not reason or evidence. If you can't handle that, then you're missing the point of religion being 'supernatural' and God being more powerful than humans can know. If that's the case, either you're just generally easily butthurt, which is annoying, or you realize the patent absurdity of trying to reconcile faith and the observable world, but you aren't strong enough to overcome the cognitive dissonance which means your faith it weak.

People in this thread are going to poke fun at Mormonism because it started off as a fringe cult started by a literal convicted conman who said a lot of very silly things to people who don't believe in it. This is exacerbated by the fact that a bunch of these crazy terrorists who took over a piece of the US are strongly and devoutly Mormon, and they've used Mormon mythology in their language a few times.

If you can't handle that, that's fine, but nobody gives a poo poo that you believe Joseph Smith. You were a pretty good poster, but you can't take this stuff so personally. Your religion is weird just like every single other religion. And there's nothing wrong with that, if you actually have faith. The fact that you keep whining makes me think maybe you also realize the absurdity of it all in the light of modern understandings of science, archaeology, and reason and you're upset about it because it's clearly a core part of your identity. Just relax, dude(ette).

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Archonex posted:

Pretty sure Kartikeya's entire post was about him explaining why the actual religion had nothing to do with these fringe nuts. They've made it pretty clear that they'd make a copy of the constitution or anything else and use it like their own personal bible if they thought it'd help justify their insanity. The religion or document has little to do with what they're doing except as a flimsy prop for general anti-government and "gently caress the man" style beliefs.

But people want to be edgy shitheads and tie this poo poo into actual Mormonism and use it as an excuse for posts like the ones above. Which is pretty dumb given the behavior of these people and people like them over the last few years.

No dude. These are the posts of people who are tired of some dude getting hyper defensive after a one note troll says something vaguely inflammatory about Mormons. If you can't handle being poked at a little bit, don't read threads where this stuff might be discussed. My post even pointed out a number of times that faith and reason are separate and that Mormons aren't bad.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Archonex posted:

That may be, but looking back the LDS connection has been brought up more than a few times. It's a pretty dumb connection to make since these people are pretty obviously about as religious as a sack of turds.

It's the equivalent of the "No, no, you guys. The FBI is TOTALLY incompetent and won't ever do anything about these people." and the "No, see the FBI doing something to get them to leave doesn't count because they didn't follow my (insert 1,000 word plan here)." dickfight arguments a bunch of pages back.

Like, we get it. They say they're Mormon. Who gives a gently caress? It's pretty much irrelevant since the church said they were a bunch of wackjobs. At that point you're just making low blows.

Exactly. Which is why Kartikeya's 20 paragraph screeds in defense of Mormonism are annoying and out of place. Nobody gives a poo poo except the previously mentioned one note trolls.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

kartikeya posted:

This isn't true, but the reality isn't all that much better. Black people (and other ethnicities) have always been allowed in the LDS church, have been able to be baptized, receive blessings, etc. However, it wasn't until 1978 that black men were allowed to hold the priesthood, which is a big deal (Mormons don't have separate clergy like the Catholic Church, every man of a certain age is allowed to hold the priesthood provided he's living according to church standards). Weirdly enough, when the church was first founded and for some time after, a number of black men did hold the priesthood, but some time after Joseph Smith's death Brigham Young announced it wasn't going to be allowed any more. As far as I know Mormon churches were never segregated (beyond regional racial makeup, as local congregations are organized into 'Wards' or 'Branches' and which one you go to depends on where you live), although it wouldn't surprise me if this happened in certain areas of the South.

Nobody actually cares. This thread is about the Oregon standoff. Make an Ask/Tell or something.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Posters make a bunch of posts about Mormons that are factually wrong or just blatant hyperbole. This is ok
Poster responds by correcting the misinformation and clearing things up. "No one cares about mormonism, you rabid nut"

when did this become GBS?

I imagine the last few minutes of life he had in him he thought about two things. One the pain, and two, how he hosed up his quick draw

Yes, pretty much, perpetuating the idiot derail with your mythology isn't positive. The people who first started it are idiots too, but responding makes it so much worse.

Also, it's 100% pointless to argue about whether one version or the other is legitimate because they're both based on faith not reason and thus can't be objectively judged. Kartikeya could say s/he has the right of it, but objectively kartikeya has as much standing for that being true as Bundy due to the nature of religious knowledge. So who cares?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Edit: nevermind, phone hosed that post all up and I'm too lazy. Keep on trucking kartikeya, much like your bretherin being asked to stop by a majority of the people in an area hasn't stopped you from declaring yourself full of special knowledge that HAS to be taught immediately to the detriment of everything else going on.

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 8, 2016

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Someone make a Change.org petition to promote Mark to head of the FBI.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Amazing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://www.change.org/p/james-b-co...medium=copylink

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What if she's just a honeypot? :tinfoil:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Toasticle posted:

Can I make fun of TFR manchildren who are so insecure they ooze into any thread with the word gun and law in it?

Seriously it's loving pathetic having people who haven't posted in a thread once suddenly appear when the words gun and law happen together in a post. Is odd not seeing LeJackel yet. Is he ok?

This is the worst part about gun nuts for me. You literally cannot have a conversation about the potential for any sort of gun regulation in any way, shape, or form, or they will drive-by slam into the thread/literal IRL conversation with their ARE GUNS!!! bullshit. The only thing that might be just as bad is the fact that half of them (this thread's current troll included) are 100% fine with stuff like 'universal background checks' which is almost certainly where the conversation would've ended anyway if they'd never popped off because they can't separate their ability to destroy things at 1000 yards from their ability to feel an ounce of safety.

That attitude alone has turned me from a 'yeah maybe we should look at gun control, that sounds kinda crazy' type into a 'gently caress it, ban all guns, gently caress these idiots' type. Like they get on my nerves so bad that they've annoyed me into straight up wanting to give up the 2nd amendment wholecloth just so they'll shut the everliving gently caress up.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jarmak posted:

We had like a full page of people making GBS threads on gun owners and talking about gun control before anyone remotely pro gun even posted.

This whole "why can't we sit around and talk about how awful guns and gun owners are without some gun owner making GBS threads up the thread by disagreeing with us" is demonstrating a bewildering lack of self awareness.

It's you, you guys started the gunchat, it's not the fault of the person who had the nerve to disagree with your gunchat for making GBS threads up the thread, it's you for starting the loving gunchat. loving shut up about guns.

Seriously can we stop talking about loving guns.

lol yeah I remember when those guys were seriously considering banning all guns. We sure needed someone to hop in here and tell us that guns are, in fact, good and cool despite all evidence pointing to them being dangerous and unnecessary!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

wontondestruction posted:

Love how you D&D forum masters cycle the gunchat between "wish there were background checks" and "right wing nutjobs don't want any background checks" and "gun owners are so likely
to ND their minigun into the faces of their loved-ones, that's why I won't own any death metal." This poo poo writes itself. Thanks for the entertainment.

Usually you source the idiot whose quotes you've found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Jarmak posted:

:qqsay: "Why can't I poo poo on people who hold different views then me without them making GBS threads up the thread by disagreeing with me."

Look even though I'm generally pro-gun I don't really think NathanScottPhillips is putting forward a compelling case. But this whole "it's only making GBS threads up the thread with gun chat if it's gun chat I disagree with" is loving dumb.

I can see why you feel the need to defend him, he was making valid and novel contributions to this thread at the same rate you have been for the past hundred pages or so. But for the rest of us it was a lot of really annoying noise about nothing with literally no new or interesting or even relevant points. But again, I'm just making the reason for your sudden defense of him more clear.

• Locked thread